Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

For Immediate Release

May 17, 2016

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following free agent:

CB Mariel Cooper

The Redskins released the following player:

WR Andre Roberts

One of the least surprising moves of the off-season.

I feel a bit sorry for Roberts. He obviously thought that he would be a No. 2 when he was signed, but then DJax and Crowder put a big fat spanner in the works. Anyway, if he was good enough he'd still be here and I think it saves us a few million, so it's all good.

I'm sure he'll find another team before camp and if not, we could still re-sign him on the cheap.

I'm sure he'll find another team before camp and if not, we could still re-sign him on the cheap.

Please, no. The trainers could have wrapped both his hands into Pierre-Paul clubs, and he still wouldn't be consistent - bad or otherwise.

Couldn't be cheap enough, not with the movement to increase the minimum wage.

I have a lil more faith in Scot and his vision everyday, we all knew this was coming but it had to come at the right point in time.

And it did.

Cautionary tale here, FAs lookin' to get paid need to look elsewhere, we ain't that schmuck org anymore.

we could still re-sign him on the cheap.

Why?

We drafted Doctson & worse case, if we need a WR then Boldin is still out there on speed dial & he actually makes catches.

Why?

We drafted Doctson & worse case, if we need a WR then Boldin is still out there on speed dial & he actually makes catches.

This. 

Having players to catch the ball is one of my least concerns for this team, even with an injury or two.  Not only do you have 4 very capable WR's now, but also have Reed/Paul who are kind of the WR/TE hybrid types while Davis is no slouch either. 

This had been coming for a long time.  Regardless of salary, there was no room for Roberts in our top 6 receivers.  When you are the #7 receiver you get cut.

Thats also why theres zero reason to bring him back.  He is clearly not better than Garcon, Jackson, Crowder or Doctson.  Considering this is the last year or two for Grant and Ross to prove themselves, what point does it serve to even bring him back on a vet-min deal as a #5 receiver?

That should be about $5m in cap savings, correct?

http://overthecap.com/player/andre-roberts/378/

5 million cap, but savings is less as we accelerated 2 million worth of signing bonus money.  Cut now and not designated June 1, it's 3 mill savings this year, designated post June 1, 4 million this year.  We can do this designation twice a year (only used once for Cully).  I don't see others going this same way, and if they want the money will just wait to do the cut June 1st or later at this point.

As posted by others, about the least surprising news of the off-season.  Good luck to Roberts.

When the designated Culliver as a June 1st I had a feeling Reed or Cousins was about to get done.  So, now that Reed is in and Cousins has some rumblings lately, we'll get some more news soon. 

And yes Cully was more savings and Reeds contract is smaller than Cousins will be, keep in mind Reed had a ~2 mill cap hit that was definitely going to be higher, where Cousins is at 19 mill with the tag, so it's not a big deal. 

One more move (cut, release) to make.  Who?  Riley.  He isn't worth the $4 million he's getting in the final year of his contract.  Reports have said he may stay with the team but I think we should handle his situation like we did the other overpaid players.  Cut him and the IF he wants to re-sign with the team for less than so be it.

And that is the end to "The Hairdressers".  I was really hoping Andre, Pierre and Desean would be the greatest trio of WRs with the worst nickname in NFL history.  Pierre, Desean and Josh just doesn't cut it.  You can't be The Hairdressers without Andre.

Never heard them called The Hairdressers and don't understand why they would be.

Anyways, I'm so relieved Roberts is officially 86'd. Probably a decent human being but he just wasn't very good and cost us in a few close games, mostly in 2014.

Always is nice to trim the fat on our roster when appropriate.

One more move (cut, release) to make.  Who?  Riley.  He isn't worth the $4 million he's getting in the final year of his contract.  Reports have said he may stay with the team but I think we should handle his situation like we did the other overpaid players.  Cut him and the IF he wants to re-sign with the team for less than so be it.

latest rumors have Riley as an expected starter at ILB with Compton and Foster competing for the other spot

Archived