Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

Can anyone explain to me if the Redskins got the $4 million or $3 million cap savings for AR's release?

If the latter, what are the advantages to doing so?  Along the same lines, why would they not opt for the $4 million cap savings this year?

Can anyone explain to me if the Redskins got the $4 million or $3 million cap savings for AR's release?

If the latter, what are the advantages to doing so? Along the same lines, why would they not opt for the $4 million cap savings this year?

I believe it would result in $1 million in dead money next year...so we're just taking the hit now instead. I think.

I believe it would result in $1 million in dead money next year...so we're just taking the hit now instead. I think.

That is correct.

Roberts signed a 4 yr deal/16 million deal and had a 4 million dollar signing bonus.  The bonus spread across the life, 1 million per year.

His base this year was scheduled to be 4 million, none of it guaranteed. 

As a result his cap hit was 5 million this year (4 mill salary and 1 mill pro-rated bonus).  The pro-rated portion remains, so the savings is the non-guaranteed portion.  What remains is the 1 million pro-rated bonus payment that would have hit next year had he remained on the team.  Pre-June cuts, that money is escalated to this year (thus 3 mill savings instead of 4 mill).  Next year as Conn mentioned he's 100% off the books. 

And that is the end to "The Hairdressers".  I was really hoping Andre, Pierre and Desean would be the greatest trio of WRs with the worst nickname in NFL history.  Pierre, Desean and Josh just doesn't cut it.  You can't be The Hairdressers without Andre.

Doctor DeSean Garcon is IN THE HOUSE! B)

Archived