Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Patriots Prediction Thread: Permanent Waves

skins island connection

It's not out of the question but it's still unlikely. Thats a 2 TD difference and really has no bearing on the game Sunday especially when we could be getting starters back

But yeah, let's wave the white flag now.

It's not about waving the white flag. I want us to win every weekend and there certainly is a chance but it's a very slight chance. Hopefully we're back here Sunday night celebrating an W. However this is an prediction thread. So that's what I'm doing...

Considering we gave up 30 to the Bucs, 32 to the Giants and 34 to the Ryan Fitzpatrick led Jets, I don't see how 49 in Foxborough is out of the question?

Agreed.

Ball deflaters 49

Skins 17

Serious beatdown coming this weekend. At least it seems everyone but Dan T. have their expectations in check.

27-21 skins.  going to be a homer.  Plus we always seem to beat the pats when they are on their super bowl run.  Desean goes for over 120 and a td and reed follows it up with 100 yds and a td.  They stick to jones and thompson and we control the clock.

??

When has that even happened other than the one Spurrier game 12 years ago? 

They went to the Super Bowl (and lost) in 2007 after beating us by 45 and they went to the Super Bowl (and lost) in 2011 after beating us by 7 (that was a fun game, by the way).

I suppose you could say that we've played them well in 2 of the 3 times we've played them in their Super Bowl years... 

I'm going to be positive about it. The team is playing with house money here so if I'm the coaching staff I'm pulling out all the stops.

On Teams, I'm going to resort to some trickeration.  Onside kick will be defended so I'm going to look for an opportunity to fake a punt.  As shaky as the blocking has been it's probably the better choice. 

On Offense, I'm going to go four wide primarily with Garcon, Reed, D-Jax, and Crowder with Grant, Carrier and Ross rotating in.  I'm going to feature Jones as the single back and spell him with Thompson (sorry Alf).  If the Pats go 7 in the box I'm running.  If they go 8 then I'm passing.  I'm going to empower Kirk to make the right choices and get the team into the right play.

On Defense, I'm going to send five every play and keep six back.  We're going to change coverages and the fifth rusher on every play.  Could be a LB, DB, or a Safety. 

I'm going to have Dan Snyder contract with Anonymous to hack the Hoody's comms and play that annoying Kars for Kids Jingle non stop until Tom Brady's ears begin to bleed! 

Redskins 33 Patriots 21

HTTR!

I do think that we need to approach this game the way we approached the Ram MNF game in 2000. I believe we did a couple things outside the box there. Oddly, I even think we won by the score you predicted above (or something very similar). 

So let's see...The Redskins can't run the ball, they can't stop teams from running the ball, they don't apply pressure on opposing qbs and they happen to be playing the best team in the league on their field...

Redskins 27

Pats 24

Because nothing makes sense!

Just kidding...

Redskins 23

Pats 41

Redskins are going to be nothing more than a speedbump, on the Patriots' revenge tour.

??

When has that even happened other than the one Spurrier game 12 years ago? 

We did beat them in the '96 season when they went to the SB under Parcells.  Since that was under the Casserly/Norv regime where we were attempting to rebuild much as we're doing now, that's one way the parallel makes sense.

Im going to go with 34-20 Patriots.  Their offense is lights out, holding them below 30 is just about impossible.  Meanwhile, their defense does have holes, every once in a while against an anemic offense it keeps them down, but they typically allow about 20 points.  I dont think with our injuries at corner we match up well here, and I dont think we have the offensive firepower to overcome their offense.

If I were the Redskins I would spend all week getting in the Patriots head.  Take a page out of the Jets playbook and order all sorts of extra security, sweeping for bugs at Foxboro, calling the players and coaches out in the media, anything possible to disrupt the routine that the Patriots use to prepare for Gameday.  Make this week a living hell for them and hopefully they will be too distracted dealing with bad PR to take us seriously.

Pats are usually prepared, but this totally has the feel for trap game.

Pats are usually prepared, and that really feels like a trap for them. And unlike Reapers, I do really think, we have to lure them into the trap. Do them Bucs 2.0.

If we come out of the gates firing on all cylinders, the Pats will have enough firepower and experience from top to bottom to ride through the storm and kill us at the beginning of the second half, like the Jets. We'd better let them think it's an easy game, get relax, and slowly get out of the game without them noticing. Fell behind 7/10 really quickly, get some move on offense, but not too much. If possible score a TD right before halftime, by mistake with a long ball to DJax or some stuff like that to put us behind by 10 or 14.

Then, they'll head into Half-time, thinking it's over, we're doing some good things, but not good enough to make up for them.

At the start of the second half, we should start on offense (if given the opportunity at the toss, always loved to choose the kick option at the beginning, to receive at the beginning of the second halve). Then unleash the dragon, go full throttle on every aspect of the game to take the lead, smash them hard, and never look back.

Make it so it's a perfect steal, and end their pain with a 54 yards with 5 seconds left from Hopkins.

Redskins: 27

Patriots: 24

it would be disrespectful to the game of football if the Redskins were to beat the Patriots this week. 

Redskins 21

Patriots  52

What would be disrecpectful would be to watch them play, and not give everything you have on every ****in play.

A couple of things...

Patriots will take away what we do best. Leave Jordan Reed on your fantasy bench. If we could figure out the run game, that might be an area we could focus on to give us a chance to keep possession, & get them to make a mistake or 2 on DJax.

My biggest concern is defense. Even with all of our horses healthy i have a tough time seeing us holding them under 35 points. That is, unless we can control possession, & dictate tempo.

Riley will get destroyed in the passing game, & our weakness against the run has been exactly what the Pats excel at doing. Getting into nickel personnel, spread out, & then gashed, & gutted. I see no reason why this will not continue.

There are some intangibles to consider, & KC's demeanor holds a massive tell. I could envision us winning this game under several considerations. Still, my money would rest easy on the Pats, big, on this one.

Patriots - 38

Redskins - 24

I'm as big of a homer as the next guy/girl, but I can't predict a win here. If you had to bet your house and life savings on this game, would you honestly put it all on us to beat the Pats?

I love that some are picking us to win, but I just don't see it. Not being a Debbie Downer or anything, just a realist. They've been a very good team for years now and we're trying to put years of craptastic failure behind us and just become a good team.

For sure, any team can win on any given Sunday, but not this Sunday, not this year, We're not ready yet.

Skins - 24

Pats - 37

I'm as big of a homer as the next guy/girl, but I can't predict a win here. If you had to bet your house and life savings on this game, would you honestly put it all on us to beat the Pats?

I love that some are picking us to win, but I just don't see it. Not being a Debbie Downer or anything, just a realist. They've been a very good team for years now and we're trying to put years of craptastic failure behind us and just become a good team.

For sure, any team can win on any given Sunday, but not this Sunday, not this year, We're not ready yet.

Skins - 24

Pats - 37

There's nothing Debbie Downer thinking they will lose. 

It's the people predicting a 50 point loss or saying it would be "disrespectful to football" if we won.

Youve changed.

Seems like yesterday when you were always predicting ass whoopins, or generally not confident about the teams chances against top level teams

This is honestly the first time in my life where I feel like we are an actual NFL caliber squad on the field and in the FO. I think we've finally graduated to a normal, average team which means we could hypothetically win any game. 

Years past, we were a punchline everywhere and my attitude reflected that. 

So it's weird because a big majority of the fan base are completely down on the team and I'm trending in the other direction. 

Archived