Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Patriots Prediction Thread: Permanent Waves

skins island connection

Patriots defense isn't that scary and I think if Cousins shows up we can put some points on the board. However, our secondary is very suspect and our run defense hasn't done good lately either. I feel like we will keep it somewhat close in the 1st half though.

2nd half will be the difference (mainly the 3rd quarter). Unfortunately the Patriots are clearly the better team right now.

Patriots 38

Redskins 27

The beginning of at least, a 3 game losing streak. The skins will fall to 3-7 when we met the Giants again.

The Pats game will be the worst coached game of Gruden's career. Kirk will have a game that will rival the Giants game from last year.

It will be ugly. The comeback Bucs win; will be a distant memmory.

Kirk will have 4 turnovers at least. The game will be over by the end of the first quarter.

Quarter 1

Pats 28

Skins 3

Quarter 2

Pats 14

Skins 3

Halftime Score

Pats 42

Skins 6

Quarter 3

Pats 10

Skins 7

Quarter 4

Pats 14

Skins 0

Final Score

Pats 66

Skins 13

Okay, it probably won't be that bad.

Pats 49

Skins 13

It will be the worst game ever for Gruden and Cousins though and it will start the team on a 3 game losing streak at least.

The Pats look that much better than the next guy... saints outdoors =beatable, Panthers yet to beat anyone with a winning record. We will get at least one of those.

The beginning of at least, a 3 game losing streak. The skins will fall to 3-7 when we met the Giants again.

The Pats game will be the worst coached game of Gruden's career. Kirk will have a game that will rival the Giants game from last year.

It will be ugly. The comeback Bucs win; will be a distant memmory.

Kirk will have 4 turnovers at least. The game will be over by the end of the first quarter.

Quarter 1

Pats 28

Skins 3

Quarter 2

Pats 14

Skins 3

Halftime Score

Pats 42

Skins 6

Quarter 3

Pats 10

Skins 7

Quarter 4

Pats 14

Skins 0

Final Score

Pats 66

Skins 13

Okay, it probably won't be that bad.

Pats 49

Skins 13

It will be the worst game ever for Gruden and Cousins though and it will start the team on a 3 game losing streak at least.

...yeah, that whole post was a swing and miss

Like how do you figure the Skins are going to allow 49 points?

This whole thread is embarrassing. Pats should win easily but you guys are making it seem like they are going to be playing an FCS school or something.

They've blown out 3 teams this year. A Dallas team starting a corpse at QB, the Jaguars, and the Dolphins in a Thursday nighter. Every other win was by one touchdown. I'm sorry if I think my team can put up a fight at least lol.

They are an average defensive team and an a below average rushing team. There's a good chance they win but my goodness guys

And now we're conceding to a NO team with no defense and Carolina. Great.

This whole thread is embarrassing. Pats should win easily but you guys are making it seem like they are going to be playing an FCS school or something.

They've blown out 3 teams this year. A Dallas team starting a corpse at QB, the Jaguars, and the Dolphins in a Thursday nighter. Every other win was by one touchdown. I'm sorry if I think my team can put up a fight at least lol.

They are an average defensive team and an a below average rushing team. There's a good chance they win but my goodness guys

Considering we gave up 30 to the Bucs, 32 to the Giants and 34 to the Ryan Fitzpatrick led Jets, I don't see how 49 in Foxborough is out of the question?

Considering we gave up 30 to the Bucs, 32 to the Giants and 34 to the Ryan Fitzpatrick led Jets, I don't see how 49 in Foxborough is out of the question?

It's not out of the question but it's still unlikely. Thats a 2 TD difference and really has no bearing on the game Sunday especially when we could be getting starters back

But yeah, let's wave the white flag now.

Youve changed.

Seems like yesterday when you were always predicting ass whoopins, or generally not confident about the teams chances against top level teams

27-21 skins.  going to be a homer.  Plus we always seem to beat the pats when they are on their super bowl run.  Desean goes for over 120 and a td and reed follows it up with 100 yds and a td.  They stick to jones and thompson and we control the clock.

I get the whole 'protective mode' ideal, thinking the Skins will get a 50 burger with curly fries and extra cheese, and not getting emotionally invested in this game because of the chance it might happen, but they do have to play the game.

Stranger things have happened, and one simple thing could be the difference maker; rain, wind, or perhaps a Redskin d-lineman owning a Pats o-lineman, forcing Tom to throw before he wants to, or just the pressure aspect of getting in his face; we've seen him get flustered before, and that's what needs to happen.

It will take a Redskin team to win this game; we know they will get points one way or another, but limiting mistakes, making them, earn every damn inch, and playing the best game of their lives, and there certainly is a chance we pull the upset of the year.

Will it happen? Honestly, most would say no, we're just not gelled enough team-wise to do it, but one never knows, but if they go out and play their asses off, even in a loss, i'll still hold my head up high and be proud of the team giving what they could, and that's all I want to see, a team that will not give up, and I think this team has a different mentality than last year.

Holy crap!! If it were up to some of you, The team should just step on the field, kiss their asses and thank them for allowing them to be on the same field.

Will they win.....probably not. Can they win.....hell yes!! Good thing some of you are not HCs or leaders of anything, you have them losing BEFORE they even play the game!

Conversation if some of you were HCs:

Team: "hey coach, do you think we have a chance"

Some of you: "Hell no, KC sucks, D sucks, everyone sucks......now let's get out there and quit"

Skins- 31

Pats- 28

[quote name="BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93" post="10402652" timestamp=

at.

Average? Their defense is top 10 and deep up front. Belchicks put together a unique group of LBs there. On offense they throw to Dion Lewis rather then run it which has been effective. That's Belichick thinking why run a back into a crowd when I can throw it to him in flat where he's one on one with a LB and has more space to make a play. Then they turn it over to Blount in the 4th.

Tom Brady is 94-15 at home in his career, including 48-4 in his last 52 home games.

However, Tom Brady is 2-1 against the Redskins lifetime.  Losing at Fed Ex in 2003, a year they went 14-2 and won the superbowl.  Steve Spurrier and Patrick Ramsey got the best of him and the Pats.

This team is a machine year in and year out, no matter who they refuse to keep paying for.

Sure, anything can happen on any given Sunday.  If this game was not at Gillette, I would like our chances a bit better,,,,,,say at 20% chance to win. 

This is the best team in the NFL like it or not.  I would gladly eat crow, but the Redskins are not on the same level at so may positions, coaching and FO.  Yes, there's a chance to win.  I'm laying it at 1% chance.

Pats:  40

Skins:  16

Archived