Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Patriots Prediction Thread: Permanent Waves

skins island connection

Interesting...I'm going to decipher this for you.

"lose your Queen" must be a reference to Gruden (our coach coming from Cincy - the queen city) losing to Belichick (who has been described as playing chess while the rest of the league plays checkers).

So Pats over Skins. Noted.

More like if someone takes my best piece, I still make them kill me. Until the game is over, its not.

More like if someone takes my best piece, I still make them kill me. Until the game is over, its not.

assuming they sacrifice something to "take-away" Reed ... then one or more of the other receivers have to benefit from this.  Cousins just needs to make one or more of the other options work.  Crowder could come up huge in this game ... and DJax too especially in routes that go through/near TE route areas where presumably the Patsies will be over compensating to take away Reed. 

If for some odd reason they think our strength is Cousins' quick reads and throws ... that might be more challenging ... figure sell out blitz gambling that nothing long can develop before he's sacked but more likely a steady blend of blitz approaches to pressure him along with the usual press coverages

This is a pretty big game for a lot of reasons.

Its an opportunity to see how the Patriots would go about defending an elite TE given they see one everyday in practice. Like you mentioned, if they commit too much, it will open it up for others (same problem they created for everyone else they play).

If Reed wins his one on one, that's a problem for anyone we face, I don't care who we're playing, especially with DJax coming back.

You don't stop the Patriots, you have to keep them from scoring more then you do.

I think its gonna be super close - Anyones game.  Redskins will make a call and until the last second - no one knows what will happen...

Then things come up our way and skins win........

The coin toss that is. The game is gonna be a Pats runaway....

We only win if the Pats have 5 or 6 turnovers....that should tell you the difference between these 2 teams right now. IF things keep going in the right direction they way they appear to be this season. I would love to get them in 2 years once Scott has put together a full roster. Until then I am sticking by my original call

Bellicheats 49

Skins 17

Swaggy accidentally eats Brady in the first quarter, and the Minutemen mascot guys have to form a human chain to affect a Heimlich Maneuver. Brady is saved, but is covered in half digested chili dogs and must leave the game.

Patriots backup QB Janeane Garoffalo spends huddles griping about women's issues, has 14 delay of game penalties before halftime. Surprising no one, she argues about every one of them.

Redskins 38

Patriots 3

~Bong

assuming they sacrifice something to "take-away" Reed ... then one or more of the other receivers have to benefit from this.  Cousins just needs to make one or more of the other options work.  Crowder could come up huge in this game ... and DJax too especially in routes that go through/near TE route areas where presumably the Patsies will be over compensating to take away Reed. 

If for some odd reason they think our strength is Cousins' quick reads and throws ... that might be more challenging ... figure sell out blitz gambling that nothing long can develop before he's sacked but more likely a steady blend of blitz approaches to pressure him along with the usual press coverages

This game is an opportunity for Garcon, and maybe Morris to come back.

Which receivers are we talking about lately?

- DJax, Reed and Crowder. Because Bellichick will have noticed him and will try to take him out.

- Morris is an afterthought behind Jones.

Get them both involved. They can makes plays as well and Garcon will be running free.

This game is an opportunity for Garcon, and maybe Morris to come back.

Which receivers are we talking about lately?

- DJax, Reed and Crowder. Because Bellichick will have noticed him and will try to take him out.

- Morris is an afterthought behind Jones.

Get them both involved. They can makes plays as well and Garcon will be running free.

Garcon is currently our leading receiver ... across the board ... I was thinking the Pats would also focus on him ... see under the radar receiving option in Crowder and unexpected to return hot DJax.  DJax probably not under the radar but if they are going to try to take away strengths ... Reed (obviously) and next is Garcon.  Don't really see much of difference about Morris or Jones ... and if I was with the Pats ... I'd love to see the Redskins run on every down ... please ... 3 downs and a punt ... rinse and repeat.

The defense is struggling of late and this is against mediocre offenses -- so I think this one can be nightmarish on that front.  I think the offense with D. Jax back might show some spunk so I'll go:  Patriots 49 Redskins 24.

saw an interesting film breakdown that tagged the designed techniques for our ends/OLBs where they pinch in ... it was sickening how ineffective and vulnerable it was ... I'm hoping they changed this approach over the break.  There was nobody on the outside left to make a play or force a runner into tacklers ... really gawd awful felony stupid stuff.  Forgot where I saw that (here, bleacher report, ... somewhere else)

So, i was going to wait until the official injury report came out, but i changed my mind. I even started writing this long blah, blah, blah...until i just decided, to hell with it.

I'll spare you all the diatribe, & get right to the point.

I'm switching my official prediction to....:: drum-roll ::

Redskins - 34

Patriots - 31

Late KC drive to win it.

Count it...cut the cheeeeeck!!!

I think this game will be OrdoAbKO.

I remember many moons ago, feeling sorry for the Pats. These days I dislike them and hope only bad things happen to them.

The fact is the Pats are where we want to be, as far as an organized franchise.

Little to no chance the Skins win this game, but please Redskins make me look like an ass and beat the Pats.

Pats: 42

Skins: 10

The Redskins don't have a signature win on their resume for at least the past 10+ years.  A game where they go on the road and beat a great team in their place.

I don't see it happening this week, but I do wonder when it WILL happen....

Archived