Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

tell the truth--- how much weight did you pack on this winter?

mcsluggo

packing on the tonnage?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. what is your weight gain (or loss) since autumn?

• I lost 10 or more pounds
    • i lost 1 to 9 pounds
    • pretty much stayed the same
    • i gained 1 to 9 pounds
    • i gained more than 10 pounds

i gained about the exact same amount i did last year... i went from the upper 160s  to the mid 180s   :(

i just started biking again this week, so if history is a predictor of the future, i will gain another 5+ pounds in the next week or two...and then start to drop it off 

what is weird, is that i think i put on almost all of the weight on in November.. and then it somewhat stabilized.   

yay for spring!!!

I'm on a four-day exercise streak with the brighter evenings so hopefully with a little moderation on all the cookies, chocolate and wine it won't be too long before the chubby folks will be asking me again if I'm unwell as I look so scrawny.

I said 1 - 9, because my weight doesn't fluctuate that much. I work out, but I've eaten like a pig since Christmas. I can see I'm more muscular, but also can see where all the fat is going to my waist and some to my face. I suspect I gained about 7 or 8 pounds. I have a health check at work in 10 days, so I'll get the official word on my body fat % and how much it has gone up.

I've lost 13 lbs so far. Come July I'll be the most handsome and desirable man on ES.

hide yo kids, hide yo wives...Chewie's pectorals are killing women out here.

i was modelling my banana hammock last night, and while i am ready for the pool, the pool might not be ready for me....

I probably loaded about ten,,  this was a rough winter for me.

I play a lot of tennis starting about now through November..  but every year,, from September through January i have about 5 or 6 birthday to help celebrate, various holidays and their feasts.. and it just adds up.

(Plus, my wife is one of those people who will impulsivley buy a half gallon of ice cream because she wants a small amount... and then it'll be in the freezer... and i just can't have that.

She says "You don't HAVE to eat it..." to which i shake my head and wonder how she figures that to be possible. She may as well lay heroin next to a junkie and expect it to be there in the morning.

So i spend spring / summer removing what i packed on, and then I do it all over again.

the good news is other than the 10 pound or so fluctuation, i manage to stay somewhat steady. i could stand to drop 25 lbs permanently, but so long as I'm not ballooning up, I can live with it.

~Bang

I've lost 13 lbs so far. Come July I'll be the most handsome and desirable man on ES.

hide yo kids, hide yo wives...Chewie's pectorals are killing women out here.

With age you realize that many hot chicks are more interested in money than looks. Plus you've already established why they are interested in you, it's just a matter of negotiating price.

I probably loaded about ten,,  this was a rough winter for me.

I play a lot of tennis starting about now through November..  but every year,, from September through January i have about 5 or 6 birthday to help celebrate, various holidays and their feasts.. and it just adds up.

(Plus, my wife is one of those people who will impulsivley buy a half gallon of ice cream because she wants a small amount... and then it'll be in the freezer... and i just can't have that.

She says "You don't HAVE to eat it..." to which i shake my head and wonder how she figures that to be possible. She may as well lay heroin next to a junkie and expect it to be there in the morning.

So i spend spring / summer removing what i packed on, and then I do it all over again.

the good news is other than the 10 pound or so fluctuation, i manage to stay somewhat steady. i could stand to drop 25 lbs permanently, but so long as I'm not ballooning up, I can live with it.

~Bang

i am neither lying now exaggerating.... my wife bought SIX half gallons of ice cream on monday.  

SIX!

she is killing me!  

(it is the Black Label Turkey Hill stuff.. the only brand left that doesn't use any thickeners (guar gum, or the like) or preservatives.   i would say that it is like handing a loaded heroin needle to an addict... but i think heroin addicts would say getting handed a loaded needle is like having six gallons of Turkey Hill taunting them...

smuggling ICBMs, are we?  B)

no smuggling involved... proudly displayed in the launcher.   Every trip to the pool is like a May-day parade.  

i expect generals to salute as i strut by

I've probably stayed the same since fall but I've dropped a bit of weight over the past 15 months from surfing 4 days a week on average

that is the way to do it....

I put on about 8 pounds on top of 10 or so too much that I was carrying over.  I'm officially now the heaviest I have ever been and in the worst shape.  Starting at a buck forty that 18 pounds that all reside on my belly mark me as a solidly middle aged guy, no more skirting that issue.  

A recent doctor appointment showing high end of normal cholesterol and slightly high blood sugar has sworn me off the fatty steaks and cookies for a while.  Mostly.  :)

Now I just have to get more serious about exercise, which presents some challenges in my case. 

I have gone a couple years without the ciggies now, so there's that in my favor.

15-20. Gets to be a little more every year. Right now I'm on my annual Adkins/low carb diet. I'll be down those 15-20 in 3-4 weeks, then carb the hell out for a day or two and promptly gain 5 back. I get rolling on the Adkins diet and lose about 2 pounds a day for the first couple of weeks. Slows down after a couple of weeks, and eventually I stop losing weight, and am dying for a piece of bread anyway. The rest of the summer I'll slowly lose a little from lots of work. When football season returns, so does my fat ass alter ego.

Didn't all happen during winter but 25-30 in the last year. The combination of having a kid and a bunch of small nagging injuries disrupted my diet and work out schedule.

I've found a happy medium that works with my new situation though so I'll be back to where I want soon. I've already dropped 7 of those unwelcome pounds, rest should be gone in three months time. Assuming I can avoid leg injuries for a while.

I probably gained about 5 pounds, but the harder part is taking it off.  My daughter is a girl scout and they brought home 3 boxes of cookies last night (in addition to the 3 that they brought home two weeks ago).  Thin Mints aren't making me thin.

I gained 7 pounds. I was doing really well from when I stopped biking mid November until the end of January. I had gallbladder surgery the end of January and was told to stop all activity until the first week of March. Sucks to see the numbers go the other way after working so hard to lose it, but my doctor said it is a sign that everything is working correctly. The weather has been fantastic, and I will be back on the bike tonight.

I probably gained about 5 pounds, but the harder part is taking it off.  My daughter is a girl scout and they brought home 3 boxes of cookies last night (in addition to the 3 that they brought home two weeks ago).  Thin Mints aren't making me thin.

Thin Mints are dangerous, but Samoas are the true enemy and my relationship with them is basically Stockholm Syndrome. 

Archived