Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

holiday fitness... delight!

mcsluggo

how much weight will you gain this winter? (between October and March)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. how much weight will you gain this winter? (between October and March)

• I will lose weight this winter
    • i will hold firm, and neither gain nor lose weight this winter
    • I will put on a few ounces (less than 5 pounds)
    • i will pack on the tonnage (5 to xxxxxxx pounds)

ok... at teh end of October, after biking to-and-from work everyday (almost) since March... i actually had abs.  abs that you could see! 

one short month later... i have put back on the 10 or 15 pounds it took 8 months to lose, and i have cleverly hidden my abs behind a fleshy disguise of halloween candy and sweet potato pie.  Since getting to the office today, i have been given home baked cookies by two people, and somebody put a full box of Turkish delight (fresh from a trip to Turkey) right ouside my office.  

All were delicious :) 

but at this rate... Spock has calculated that i will gain 60 pounds before i saddle up my bike again.  

Perhaps i will go for a frollick in the sleet?   

ok... at teh end of October, after biking to-and-from work everyday (almost) since March... i actually had abs.  abs that you could see! 

Well if you favor the mode of transportation of communists, don't be surprised if there isn't enough food to sustain you.

Hold firm or lose weight. Maybe even gain some (muscle) weight. Been back into pretty serious lifting since November. I've toned up and lost a couple pounds despite adding pure muscle. I was thin (just a runner and biker, no gym, for most of the year). So I'm just bulking up my frame. Pretty excited about it. I am a sucker for sweets, but I eat healthy enough (near paleo) aside from my sweet tooth (which really only snipes me during the holiday when a-holes keep dropping off cookies/lindt truffels at the office) ... so I'm hoping to break even or continue to add muskulls

i think i have already drunk a gallon of eggnog this winter 

Fortunately for me, I had a terrible first experience with that junk last winter. Got into the holiday spirit with my fiance. Had a half day at work the next day and a Board Meeting at 8 am before heading home for an 11 day break. Threw together some eggnog with store-bought mix and whiskey while wrapping up the final gifts and playing Christmas rock music. Within 1 hour I wasn't feeling too hot. Stuck through it and bitterly finished my 2nd eggnog. Starting at 11 pm and going straight through the night until 6 am I was on the bathroom floor up every 30-45 minutes sick out all ends of my body. Had to call in sick to the board meeting ... spent all Friday in bed ... and then all Saturday in bed ... and didn't get to head home until Sunday. Drove my fiance crazy since she had finished final exams ... packed up the house ... and had virtually nothing to do for the 2 days in which I literally laid in bed all day. Slept about 20 hours on Friday-Friday night and another 20 or so on Saturday-Saturday night. Rough stuff.

So yeah, off topic, but **** that ****.

i will be sending a legion of children to your house

.... on bicycles

... waving little red books

to re-educate you 

There is little nutrition, or sustenance, in little red books.

My holiday weight loss tip is just don't buy any food to have in the house ... or if that's too extreme, any snacks. 

Sure you'll be miserable, but you'll be shedding tears of regret as soon as you put that snack to your lips and are reminded of the fat **** you've become.

Fortunately for me, I had a terrible first experience with that junk last winter. Got into the holiday spirit with my fiance. Had a half day at work the next day and a Board Meeting at 8 am before heading home for an 11 day break. Threw together some eggnog with store-bought mix and whiskey while wrapping up the final gifts and playing Christmas rock music. Within 1 hour I wasn't feeling too hot. Stuck through it and bitterly finished my 2nd eggnog. Starting at 11 pm and going straight through the night until 6 am I was on the bathroom floor up every 30-45 minutes sick out all ends of my body. Had to call in sick to the board meeting ... spent all Friday in bed ... and then all Saturday in bed ... and didn't get to head home until Sunday. Drove my fiance crazy since she had finished final exams ... packed up the house ... and had virtually nothing to do for the 2 days in which I literally laid in bed all day. Slept about 20 hours on Friday-Friday night and another 20 or so on Saturday-Saturday night. Rough stuff.

So yeah, off topic, but **** that ****.

yes...fortunately for you, you lucky dog!

october 30, 2013...

<cue chariot of fire theme>

... step onto the scale... 6'1.5" tall...and 168 pounds of rippling horseflesh...

<cue the rocky theme>>

.. a slow motion shirtless jog through the tickertape crowd ...punching the air...

<cue eye of the tiger>

and then

<cue: we are the champions>

.. along comes daylightsavings time 

.. and halloween

... and thanksgiving

... and generalized normal gluttony

<cue record needle scraching across the record>

december 9 2013:  haven't seen a scale, because i haven't been to a gym since october...  but i know it is grim   

no queeny tigereyed rocky chariots of shining moments THIS week......

oh,.... and shutupyabastage

...... i had to get glasses last month :(

Well, I hate eggnog and fruitcake...and most all holiday food, except apple pie :)  Regardless, I've stuck to a fairly regimented 5-6 day a week training weight training and HIIT cardio.  So, I think I'll continue toward my fitness goals without too much negative interruption.  

Archived