Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MMQB:Any Sense of Stability is Sacrificed

Riggo-toni

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/10/daniel-snyder-washington-redskins-nfl/

Put this in another thread, but this article is so dead on I thought it deserves its own thread. If in doing so I have committed a mortal sin, mods please forgive me.

It’s December now, and that means Washington fans know their way home from here. As another football season in the nation’s capital dissolves amid a state of disarray, dysfunction and every-man-for-himself syndrome, the descent feels so familiar: meaningless games attended by disenchanted fans bearing almost worthless tickets as they watch a team that long ago gave any hope of competing, let alone winning.

It’s all happening yet again, and while the names and faces change from year to year, the results never do. Not for long at least.

This season’s episodes of Washington’s annual melodrama have centered on quarterback Robert Griffin III’s ill fit with rookie head coach Jay Gruden; the fool’s gold choice between backups Colt McCoy and Kirk Cousins; the sorry spectacle of Griffin’s weak standing in his own locker room; and even a cameo return to the scene by retired linebacker London Fletcher, who saw fit to level a score-settling blindside hit to the reputation of defensive coordinator Jim Haslett. And Fletcher didn’t even draw a flag for unnecessary roughness.

Rest at link.

I don't think this article is saying anything that we haven't been saying about Snyder for years, even before Gibbs was rehired and especially during Vinny and Zorn who were fired for the next obvious Snyder Puppet Allen to come in. Except the **** sandwich is stacked much higher now.

It does put a journalists name on it and is written somewhere other than ES though. It's just that I'm sure Banks or someone similar wrote the same article in 2009, just with less suckage to reference. 

Now if the real goal was to bring in a coach who could make RG3 an NFL QB, which IMO is not why you hire a coach, but if that was it then this was an even bigger failure than Vinny and Danny hiring Zorn because as enept as Zorn was at least he tried to make it work with Jason Campbell even through all the bingo caller bs and 2 years it was always JC as the starting QB. I know I remember and thought it was moronic then.

The thing is, as ****ed up as this team is, to hire a coach to salvage a single player (out of 53) that cost you 4 high round picks and then hire the guy who isn't even willing to do the work, well that is just failure beyond any epic proportions that any team has seen before. It's just as stupid as if you had hired a mechanic to turn your sports car into a Nascar race car and then later realize that you were too dumb to notice that you hired a regular old Taxi Cab mechanic and not only that but now the guy has ruined your other 52 race cars and turned them into Taxi Cabs too.

This is why Bruce Allen needs to be gone and Snyder needs to hire a "Real GM" but some of us were saying this as Vinny was being fired and Allen was being hailed as some sort of savior. Look at the dudes history. He's never done **** but somehow Redskins fans were falling all over themselves to believe that somehow Dan Snyder had changed, yet again after believing it during the Gibbs years but it has never and never will be true until he gets completely out of the way.

I'd be all for Schottenheimer 2.0 at this point because at least then we would know 100% that Snyder is in the child protective seat, in the back, with a pacifier duct taped to his face. Yeah Bill Parcells too, whoever, somebody like that to shut the dude up and have real full control. Allen can work on the teams new years party and set up the teams easter bruncheon at the Hyatt or wtfever else he is good for but not as the GM.

Nothing like being the writing fodder for a major outlet puff piece on how bad this owner and team have been.

I feel like this team is an addict that hopefully has hit it's bottom..

No we are an alcoholic who thinks is drinking is just fine and everyone just needs to get off his back...

So sad watching a team like Arizona lose players all over their defense to injury/suspension, be less talented than us on offense, position for position, be so well coached on both sides of the ball, and be leading the toughest division in football.

And then there's us.  *sigh* 

So sad watching a team like Arizona lose players all over their defense to injury/suspension, be less talented than us on offense, position for position, be so well coached on both sides of the ball, and be leading the toughest division in football.

And then there's us.  *sigh* 

It's crazy. Teams rebuild all of the time. The Cardinals were ****ty just a few years ago, and now they're gonna get the #1 seed in the playoffs. We just continue to suck year to year. 

Would love to see Allen, RG3, Gruden, and his entire staff gone after the season.  RG may go on to have a great career elsewhere (I'd say there is about a 5% chance of that happening) and I wouldn't care.  I'm just sick and tired of the drama.

I have no problem with Allen & Gruden being shown the door together.

Allen, Gruden, and pretty much every person employed by the Washington Redskins who does not have a contract that makes it prohibitive to get rid of them.

I wonder who else is in the ownership group. Obviously Dan and his sister, but who are these other idiots he has in his "inner circle"

Stay focused and give me your best shot here ... 

If Snyder were to read this ... odds are he would not agree, at least not entirely. So tell me, what would be his reaction? 

Think like Snyder. 

Would love to see Allen, RG3, Gruden, and his entire staff gone after the season.  RG may go on to have a great career elsewhere (I'd say there is about a 5% chance of that happening) and I wouldn't care.  I'm just sick and tired of the drama.

dude, it would burn you, me, and anyone that is a real Skins fan to the absolute core to see RG3 succeed somewhere else. 

If Snyder were to read this ... odds are he would not agree, at least not entirely. So tell me, what would be his reaction? 

Think like Snyder. 

Snyder's been defiant when the media writes articles telling him what he should do.  He seems more concerned with proving people wrong then trying to get things right.  Which means he won't hire a real GM.  It took forever for him to get rid of Vinny and he replaced him with a guy in Bruce, who was a little more respected around the league, but really serves the same function as Vinny.  A buddy who tells him what he wants to hear.  

Think like Snyder.

dude, it would burn you, me, and anyone that is a real Skins fan to the absolute core to see RG3 succeed somewhere else.

If RGIII is traded, goes onto have success and Gruden fails here and is fired in two years than this fanbase will have a meltdown. All the same guys crushing Griffin will be complaining about us getting rid of him.

It took forever for him to get rid of Vinny and he replaced him with a guy in Bruce, who was a little more respected around the league, but really serves the same function as Vinny.  A buddy who tells him what he wants to hear.  

this is one of my biggest let downs ... honestly. I see this to be truer and truer every day and its down right depressing. 

Nailed it.  What baffles and disappoints me the most is that Snyder continues to listen to the wrong people.  I don't know how to change that, and I don't even know if it can.

As long as he is himself, we are doomed.

The most heartbreaking thing about this season is that I took solace in last year being rock bottom.  One does need to hit rock bottom before turning around, and not only was last season not rock bottom, it looks like Snyder has a jackhammer and shovel in his hand to make rock bottom even lower.

Anybody remember Snyder's infamous jibe at Art Modell when he first took over the team "What kind of role model is Art Modell?  He's only won one championship in forty years!"

Actually Modell won the NFL championship his 4th year in 1964, but it was before Superbowls were invented.  Anyhoo, here's Modell's record after 16 seasons:

133-85-6.  Won one championship, lost 2 Championship games.

And Snyder going into the 14th game of his 16th season:

107-146, and Modell had played in more NFL championship games than Snyder has had playoff wins.  

Furthermore, only once did Modell have back to back losing seasons, and they were the only losing seasons of his first 16 years.

Snyder has never had back to back winning seasons.

Are you listening Dan?

Archived