Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Favorite Redskins Game of All Time: a Break From Reality

skins island connection

Lets see, the first 11 games of the 91 season. I liked the Carolina Panther Game (year?) when LeVar intercepted Weinke and we went on to win that game and go 8-3 the rest of the year (only to fire Marty:()

Every time we beat Dallas becomes a favorite, but my favorite beat down of the Cowboys was the first one in the Petitbone era on a Monday night. Was at that game, never will forget that one. Ok, maybe my favorite beat down of the Boys was the 82 NFC Championship game

Like holding and illegal contact from our DB's?  I think we'd set a record for penalties in the first quarter, but I like thinking outside the box, so I'm game.

wow, really? didn't even really remember and/or realize that. too funny. I guess that set the tone though ... I do remember being hte aggressor all game, especially Wilbur. 

wow, really? didn't even really remember and/or realize that. too funny. I guess that set the tone though ... I do remember being hte aggressor all game, especially Wilbur. 

Yea, it was a little unusual, but the whole time they cried foul, the entire season their d-line got away with murder, and THEIR secondary played dirty as hell, going after heads, dirty.  It seemed like the league WANTED Buffalo to go back to the SB and win, but they couldn't do squat when the refs decided to call it down the middle. 

The ends of the 2005 and 2012 seasons.

Going back and watching those divisional games to end 2005, honestly that was more entertaining than going back and watching the 7-0 streak two years ago.  Philip Daniels played like Deacon Jones and Santana Moss, Brunell threw it deep to him and you knew it was going to be caught. 

One of the most underrated games is 1990 wild card at philly.........Anyway, part of the obnoxiousness of their fan base is they, to this day, celebrate the body bag game..a relatively meaningless regular season game where they injured a lot of redskins on their way to a win.

Totally agree.....I was at the Eagles game a few weeks ago and was talking to the guy next to me about how they must be happy with Chip up there and he said "yeah, great that he replaced that worthless Andy Reid" to which I responded that I thought Reid got comparatively little credit compared to Buddy Ryan, who didn't accomplish nearly as much.  He then told me about how he loved Buddy and of course brought up the BBG, to which I simply responded "And what happened two months later?"  The Eagles playoff game is probably my favorite aside from the SBs and Dallas NFCCG.

I've attended the large majority of the games at FedEx and the 1999 win over Detroit in the playoffs probably remains the favorite one I actually attended, mainly due to how much FedEx was rocking in the first half, right from the first play when Greg Jones sacked by then Lions QB Gus Frerotte.  For whatever reason, I also thought the win over the Giants near the end of the 2005 season was great, just because of how the game went and how we pulled away by blocking a FG, then Ramsey coming in and throwing a long TD to Moss, and then CP icing the game with a TD run.

But for a game I didn't attend but would've loved to.....SIC nails in the OP....NFCCG against the Cowboys.  I lived near Philly at the time but watched it on TV here in DC and afterwards just being out and seeing how happy everyone was around town.  I could only imagine how it was like at RFK.

Gotta echo the 82 NFC championship game followed by the Superbowl victory against the Dolphins. The Redskins exorcised all kinds of demons finally overcoming Dallas after slowly building up to that point. Then getting payback against Miami for that one glaring Super Bowl loss in team history at that point. I was a little kid, and maybe that had a lot to do with it, but the elation of all Redskins fans I knew from winning that championship game and actually going to the Super Bowl was pure magic.

Denver Super Bowl

NFC championships vs Minny and SFO. I attended both at RFK and both were battles

Playoff vs Chicago 87. What heart!!!

DAL Monday night followed closely by 2012 Dal.

Being in Philly country, the early 90 playoff win

Mia Super Bowl was a sweat out... I was young but fully invested

2005 was a special finish

Edit:

I read through all responses, to my surprise, only 1 other mention of 87 Chi playoff win. I remember my dad, in an impulse statement late in 4th, say 'if they win this game we're going to game in DC'. Minny had surprised and gotten through to give Skins unexpected home game.

He honored his impulse and we went to DC for another epic win.

One of my ALL TIME BEST WEEKENDS...1987 Chicago Skins NFC Championship Game...For my Father-in_laws Xmas Present I gave him a guided bass fishing trip on Lake Okeechobee..we drove from DC to Florida (remember THAT snowstorm that went all the way to Georgia)...Fished...caught HUGE Bass and THEN relaxed in the Hotel and watched THAT Game...watching D Green take that punt return..grab his side and STILL run it into the end zone...The BEST of MANY..MANY..MANY good feelings that entailed watching Joe Gibb's Teams..year in and Year out...still have the Video tapes of the fishing to show his grand children...He LOVED the Skins up until 1999...no bigger fan

1992 Divisional Playoff game "the seat cushion game"...This was by far the craziest game I have ever attended. It's something I will never forget

1991 NFC Championship Skins vs. Lions.....The very first play of the game Mann had a sack fumble. That is the loudest I have ever heard a Redskins crowd be. It was so loud you could feel it through your body.....Man those were the days. We are just pathetic now. 

Denver Super Bowl

NFC championships vs Minny and SFO. I attended both at RFK and both were battles

Playoff vs Chicago 87. What heart!!!

DAL Monday night followed closely by 2012 Dal.

Being in Philly country, the early 90 playoff win

Mia Super Bowl was a sweat out... I was young but fully invested

2005 was a special finish

Edit:

I read through all responses, to my surprise, only 1 other mention of 87 Chi playoff win. I remember my dad, in an impulse statement late in 4th, say 'if they win this game we're going to game in DC'. Minny had surprised and gotten through to give Skins unexpected home game.

He honored his impulse and we went to DC for another epic win.

We should have sent Anthony Carter a SB ring. He torched the Niners in SF that Saturday in a huge upset. I don't think we would have won in Candlestick.

I'm not going to pick a SB--too easy.  The entire 91 Season was magical.  No matter how bad this franchise gets, they can never take that away from us.

I will go with the opening game of that season when we beat Detroit 45-0 in Detroit.  We later faced them in the NFC Championship game.  Now that's a epic destruction of a playoff team.  Also indicative of how historically dominant we were that year.

That 91 team was the closest thing next to the dolphins 72 team we'll probably ever see, as far as a being able to go undefeated. People would argue the Bears team that almost did, but the Redskins 91 team was an unstoppable force on both sides of the ball. It's still fun to read about. God Bless You 1991 Redskins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Washington_Redskins_season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1052969-greatest-super-bowl-teams-ever-1991-washington-redskins-1985-chicago-bears

**** Dallas 

I am new here.. my first post in fact, but I am old so I have good memories going back to the 80s. The NFCCG against Dallas always sticks with me though. Everyone knows the story, Riggins runs like 10 straight times to run out the clock. Every run just meant another down closer to the Super Bowl.

As a kid raised by Skins fans I learned to hate the Cowboys so seeing it happen against them is eternally etched in my brain. The Super Bowl was only a formality that year, the Dallas game was the best of a strike shortened year.

The 87 and 91 Super Bowl games are on DVD in my house. I can still watch them today, but that 82 game against Dallas is one I can recite the play by play from Summerall and Madden. Never get tired of that one and honestly I copied it to my phone and watched it last Thursday night while falling asleep. I had high hopes that night, wanting to see the Choke version of Eli (I can't stand that lucky SOB) but we got the lucky version of Eli and I was done in the 3rd. It was definitely a night to relive the Riggins feat.

That 91 team was the closest thing next to the dolphins 72 team we'll probably ever see, as far as a being able to go undefeated. People would argue the Bears team that almost did, but the Redskins 91 team was an unstoppable force on both sides of the ball. It's still fun to read about. God Bless You 1991 Redskins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Washington_Redskins_season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1052969-greatest-super-bowl-teams-ever-1991-washington-redskins-1985-chicago-bears

**** Dallas

That 91 season was surreal. It went too fast for me. That team was good at everything and for the most part it was unbeatable. That was a team that could have beat the 89 Niners. Every aspect of the team just played out of their mind and Ryp looked like he was going to the HOF. We had it all, a run game, 3 great receivers and a stud defense.

Being on the West Coast it was my first experience with local Skins fans and going to a bar that was overrun with brethren. Good times indeed.

Archived