Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 will not make it through the 2014 season healthy ... mark my words

HogHeaven1983

For some reason he still is looking to run when he breaks out..

We have so many play makers. DJax can make a whole team look stupid. Please, RGIII, Look for them, they will get open!

I'll have to go back and watch again but I thought he looked better tonight keeping the ball up and his eyes downfield seeing if a WR broke open. He didn't run right away when flushed from the pocket

Think of it this way, if you had to bet all your money on RG3 surviving the season or missing one game or more, which would you choose? I love the guy but he can't slide and he still waits too long to get down or get out of bounds. Still doesn't seem to have a great feel for the pocket either. I think he'll be a lot better this season but I don't expect him to play 16 games.

What are the odds of having 2 QBs that can't slide in a 5 year span? Maybe I'm nuts but this doesn't seem like a common issue among QBs. We've had Campbell and now RG3. Can anyone name another starter with this problem? It's really a bizarre thing.

I agree. I know he is a smart kid but self preservation is the one mental aspect of the game he can't seem to grasp. Honestly, I'm not sure if scrapping the whole pocket passer thing is not the best option. Just let him run around out there and do his thing like 2012 and have Cousins ready to roll when the inevitable happens.

I know its only the second preseason game of year 3, but all the mediots who called him the next Vick may end up being right, but for all the wrong reasons.

dude obviously hasn't learned anything about self preservation, and going into the third year of his career, I'm not sure he ever will until its too late.

When he was drafted I thought there's no way this guy WON'T win a super bowl eventually, he's just too talented. Now I find myself wondering if he will make it as a decent starting qb without having his career derailed by mostly avoidable injuries.

2 years now and into a third, and he still wants to hit the homerun on every play and still doesn't know when to give up and fight another day.

honestly, I don't know that he ever will.

Maybe he's destined to be that guy in every defender's highlight reel. So far he's an all pro at that.

It is baffling how he STILL doesn't know how to slide.. (and the 1 that looked normal seems to be the one he hurt himself on?) But I mean something kids master by the age of 10, he just seem so awkward at.. lol  But besides that, I think it's his will to succed that's his worst enemy at the moment. He seems to lose all perspective sometimes.. It's preseason and he's trying to bust tackles 20 yards down the field.. It's a great attribute to have, but will probably be his demise if he doesn't snap out of it sooner than later.. They need a phrase or something they can all shout, when it's time to give up on a play.. lol

We've seen this from Robert for too long without him evolving.  It's scary he put his body into jeopardy like that in a preseason game, entering his 3rd year.

I heard Steve Young the other day talking about what sets Russell Wilson apart is nobody ever gets a clean shot at him, and he has such a slowed-down feel for all 22 guys on the field at all times.  RG is not feelin the game like that at all.

What are the odds of having 2 QBs that can't slide in a 5 year span? Maybe I'm nuts but this doesn't seem like a common issue among QBs. We've had Campbell and now RG3. Can anyone name another starter with this problem? It's really a bizarre thing.

I'm pretty sure it's more common than you might think

I'm not sure why people are so hellbent on making predictions. You just don't know don't pretend like you do

That said, the larger point is extremely valid. If what we've seen tonight is any indication Griffin has not learned how to protect himself. He is gambling with his career every time he scrambles. Not good news for Redskin fans

arent predictions just that...predictons? not defending the OP, but this was just his opinion, and his prediction. he wasnt saying that he knows RG3 wont make it through the season healthy. with that being said, he didnt have to start this thread.

Play 1... Looks through 3 progressions before finding open receiver. CHAMPIONSHIP

Play 2... Breaks protection... Ok.. Keeps running (uhh slide)... Keeps running... Than gets clobbered by 3 defenders.

Than he limps. That limp is not a good sign. Houston, we have a problem.

I'm a homer. But if it wasn't Manziel night, that limp woulda made the front pages. I hope he starts to work on his self preservation.

He doesn't need to learn to slide as much as he needs to learn to throw the ball away when he's rolled out of the pocket, everyone is covered, and his options stand at:

1. Throw an interception

2. Risk injury by haphazardly sprinting ahead for 2 yards

3. Throw the ball away.

He should be taking option 3.

In 2012 he was taking option 2 100% of the time, in 2013 he was taking a mix of option 2 and option 1.

He's clearly a smart guy, but I really wish someone could educate him on the art of throwing the ball towards the camera truck and cheerleaders.

No reason for him to be running like that in a preseason game. Just look for your WRs and throw the ball away. He's just a dumb runner out there when outside the pocket. It's a meaningless preseason game and he's running out there like it's a playoff game. I thought he was a smart, bright person; yet, time and time again, he's showing the opposite. 

1. Throw an interception

2. Risk injury by haphazardly sprinting ahead for 2 yards

3. Throw the ball away.

He should be taking option 3.

The problem is, he doesn't see any of those as an option when he's out there on the field. The only options he knows are:

1. Gain the extra yard, no matter what

2. Always try to stay alive complete every pass

ok.. where did last week's team go...  

Last weeks team went up against a great Defense tonight, and only by their own mistakes did they not blow the Browns out of the Stadium. A lot of mental and dumb errors tonight that Gruden will address tomorrow morning. Hopefully Gruden isn't showing much of his offense, save that for the Texans. One things for sure, it's hard to cover our WR's deep, and I'm loving that.

I'm more concerned about him throwing picks like the one he threw off his back foot.  

And I like him running.  I actually wish he would run more!  

I'm not worried as much about the sliding stuff as others are.  He's not made of glass.  He'll figure out a way to make it work so he doesn't get smashed.

^ When's this gonna start happening tho?  I keep thinking for sure this part of his game will evolve, but it just isn't.

It's hard to tell yourself to quit on a play.  He's a competitor.

You don't think Aaron Rodgers is a competitor? Russell Wilson?

Part of being a competitor is knowing when to live to fight another day. If this was Pat White out there, sure run through tackles to get an extra yard, hurdle yourself over defenders, why not? But this supposed to be our franchise QB for the next 10 years. And if he can't learn to keep himself out of harms way, he will be lucky to be our QB for the next 10 games.

Archived