Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN Washington; Redskins rookie CB Bashaud Breeland busted for marijuana possession

Capt. Kaos

When the Redskins selected Bashaud Breeland with a fourth-round draft pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, Washington hoped the rookie could emerge as a playmaker in the secondary. Now, the Redskins must deal with Breeland's run-in with police while at training camp in Richmond.

click link for rest of story: http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/redskins-rookie-cb-bashaud-breeland-busted-marijuana-possession

What in the hell is wrong with theses kids nowadays?!?!?

Even with the rookie syposium and all the lessons learned from the mistakes of past NFL players (looking directly at you Fred Davis!) some players still dont get it. Very immature. Needs to grow up before he will find success in the NFL.

Does a first offense even get a suspension, or does this just put him in stage one of the NFL's substance abuse program?

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/PDFs/PlayerDevelopment/2010%20Drug%20Policy.pdf

1st offense - Enter the Program

2nd offense - Enter Stage 2 (up to a 3/17ths fine of your annual salary)

3rd offense - Enter Stage 3 (up to a 4 game suspension, 5/17ths fine of annual salary)

so on and so on....

Allegedly this is is second offense.  Yes... already.

I wonder, when it's finally legal (decriminalized), if players will still get in trouble for the ol' MJ.

I also wonder if anyone sits these kids down, tells them that they'll only have a short window to make an insane amount of money, that they shouldn't squander a one in a million opportunity.

Second offense already?  How many tests could he have had by now?  Two?  Well, at least he's consistent I guess.

If it's his second offense, it probably means he failed tests in college and entered the league already in stage one.

I want to know what in the hell they are putting in this stuff nowadays...

I know people that have put down the weed for $15 an hour, I also know that if you told me I could make a crazy amount of money over the next 8-10 years if I just stayed out of trouble I'd be a freakin' choir boy!

I hope he gets his act together and can keep his nose clean, there are plenty of people he can call to get help and sadly, there are plenty more he can look to and see what happens if he doesn't.

I have to say that it is a disappointment based upon the NFL policy and the fact there will be disciplinary actions, but overall the fact that marijuana is even factored into NFL policy is ridiculous.  In no way is is a PED or a dangerous substance, so why does anyone really care.  In fact there are many medical benefits to NFL players including anxiety and pain relief to start.  I sure hope our country grows up soon and creates a federal reform law.  From other comments from NFL policy makers it sounds like the NFL is ready to do away with marijuana testing sooner rather than later. 

Will be interesting to see what happens the first time a Denver player tests positive and decides to challenge it. A lot of cases in CO working their way through the courts now on being punished for doing something legal on your own time.

I have to say that it is a disappointment based upon the NFL policy and the fact there will be disciplinary actions, but overall the fact that marijuana is even factored into NFL policy is ridiculous. In no way is is a PED or a dangerous substance, so why does anyone really care. In fact there are many medical benefits to NFL players including anxiety and pain relief to start. I sure hope our country grows up soon and creates a federal reform law. From other comments from NFL policy makers it sounds like the NFL is ready to do away with marijuana testing sooner rather than later.

Agreed. Players should still be responsible because of the NFLs ridiculous marijuana policy though.

Has the NFL ever seen it's players partying in clubs and chugging alcohol like water?

Has the NFL ever seen it's players partying in clubs and chugging alcohol like water?

what like johnny football and his dollar rolling?   or gronkowski and his wwe move?  smh...  rhetorical questions i know but holy schnikies, hopefully he learns from this.. he has a bright future in the league...

Archived