Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN Washington; Redskins rookie CB Bashaud Breeland busted for marijuana possession

Capt. Kaos

His blackness probably didn't work in his favor.

so him being a redskin wouldn't have helped either?  i mean really?  can't believe you went there....  smh

Being a Redskin will help when he goes to trial.  Act like you know.

wow.. just wow...  racism has no place in today's society..  please seek help

I believe that you get a pass on the first offense only if you were caught by NFL testing.  Getting convicted of a crime, including possession, gets you a suspension of at least four games, no mulligan.  See p. 20 (Section II) of your link.

yep.. you're absolutly correct.. didn't even know that...  here's what page 20 says..

Discipline for Violations of the Law.

A player will normally be subject to discipline up to and including suspension without 
pay for four regular and/or post-season games for a first violation of the law related to 
substances of abuse other than alcohol

which tells me he's or rather we're screwed....  goddamnitall...   :angry:

I love the dude but he's toxic. This may be harsh but I want him gone. I can't stand stupidity like this. I wish teams would be stricter when it comes to these things.

I don't want this team to rely on an unreliable player, especially in the secondary. There's enough talent competing, would rather someone who takes his job seriously and understands that when you make a mistake like this you aren't just letting yourself down but you're crippling your team in the process.

Somebody needs to swap out 'Posse' for 'Pooper'  ;)

Breeland is 22 and he smokes weed like at least 50% of the other guys in the league do.  He was just dumb enough to get caught.  

I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt because he's been playing lights out at camp.  (It's not like he showed up coughing and weezing unable to finish drills-- he's been a beast.)  Porter is starting at nickel anyway-- this will hopefully be a good wakeup call for the rookie when he's ready to strap up in Week 5.

I believe that you get a pass on the first offense only if you were caught by NFL testing.  Getting convicted of a crime, including possession, gets you a suspension of at least four games, no mulligan.  See p. 20 (Section II) of your link.

Good call.  That is frustrating. 

Hopefully Goodell shows some mercy to the kid.  His uniform doesn't help.

Overreaction city lol

He isn't getting cut over this. He was just being a dumbass like most kids his (my) age.

He probably was at some ****ty house party that got shut down and in the chaos of ppl scrambling to GTFO, got stopped by the cops

I mean we went hard at VCU... but Summer Monday House Parties?

Maybe two the whole time I was there, lol :lol:

Good call.  That is frustrating. 

Hopefully Goodell shows some mercy to the kid.  His uniform doesn't help.

I mean we went hard at VCU... but Summer Monday House Parties?

Maybe two the whole time I was there, lol :lol:

Goodell only shows mercy to murderers and wife beaters.  He'll probably try to make an example out of Breeland because he was viewed as too lenient towards Rice.

Goodell only shows mercy to murderers and wife beaters.  He'll probably try to make an example out of Breeland because he was viewed as too lenient towards Rice.

Goodell will do whatever John Mara wants him to do ... its the Redskins after all ... probably banned for life, loss of draft picks and a $10M reduction in salary cap for the next two years.

You are joking, right?

How do you propose we explain to all the kids that look up to these players as role models that they must wait until they become NFL players before they can smoke dope?!?

As a parent, you figure it out.  Don't let the NFL raise your kids.  They should be looking up to you as a role model, not a ballplayer.

Even with the rookie syposium and all the lessons learned from the mistakes of past NFL players (looking directly at you Fred Davis!) some players still dont get it. Very immature. Needs to grow up before he will find success in the NFL.

Cris Carter and Herm Edwards always talks about how hard it is sometimes to get those rookies to care and pay attention at the symposium.  You're hoping you touch some and they take heed of the message, cuz you just won't reach all of 'em.

Or maybe he'll go the other way to avoid making headlines about spousal abuse being a less serious matter than a misdemeanor pot charge.  

You are joking, right?

How do you propose we explain to all the kids that look up to these players as role models that they must wait until they become NFL players before they can smoke dope?!?

Is this post serious?  What do you tell kids when athletes get busted for hitting their women?  Or get arrested for gun possession?  Or arrested for a DWI?  Or using tobacco?

This blows. I have seriously high hopes for this kid. If he gets suspended, can he still practice? If so, it could be a blessing in surprise.

Our secondary isn't in bad shape for once, so the guy has time to pull it together.

Hopefully Trent can tell him the fairy tale of Sleepy Fred Davis's broke ass.

Or maybe he'll go the other way to avoid making headlines about spousal abuse being a less serious matter than a misdemeanor pot charge.  

Are you kidding?  Goodell once tried to suspend a Redskins player for 8 games for eating a smoked sausage sandwich he purchased at Ben's Chili Bowl.

He isn't going to be convicted of a misdemeanor or anything unless he was carrying for distribution, IMO.  His lawyer will get it reduced to a violation at worst I'm sure.  I don't know if Goodell will suspend for that or not, but I'm sure the team will take no action.

I believe he is going to be subject to increase testing now, so he will either come up dirty soon from this incident, or sometime in the near future he will get snagged, if he doesn't quit now.

My thoughts as well. Anytime this comes up it turns into, pot should be legal, or if pot was legal conversation.  Even if it was legal, it would still not allowed in the league, period. The legality is a moot point.

You mean the same way the drug called alcohol is NOT ALLOWED IN THE LEAGUE, PERIOD?

Oh wait, it is allowed.  What was your point?

You are joking, right?

As a parent if your children are looking at ball players as role models and not you then you have failed as a parent. 

Whatever happened to the good old days when kids would say "My father can beat anybody up even (insert superhero) "? 

Archived