Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

16 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I will add you.  Anyone else?

PS4 

YOURBUDDYNORVELL

So guys let me change your gaming life just a little bit. Go buy Bro Force on PSN and Xbox live (if they have it) today. Best game I have played in a little while.

- Couch or online co-op.

- The keep the monotony down and the fun up by making it so you cannot select a character. After every death or new life you get a random Bro to fight with. Each has at least a few moves (Regular attack usually being guns or swords, melee, and a special which is usually ridiculously fun).

- The levels are quick and can get pretty challenging. I have more than once had to just hold the trigger and run balls to the walls for survival. 

- The levels are 100% destructible to the point where you can lose just by not being able to go forward cause your friend with the Noisy Cricket wouldn't stop destroying the planet 

- You cant blow yourself up, though you can blow plenty of things up that will in turn blow you the hell up. 

Sweet ass game. Please try it and then tell me how awesome I am for telling you about it. I could use the boost to my Ego and you all would really like this game. Childhood type fun im talking about here. 

32 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

My roommate has PS VR hooked up to my PS4, I've used it a few times..not my thing. Seems like it needs some time to mature. 

Well yeah, if you're trying to play VR on a game console when it really needs to be played on a beastly PC.

11 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

My roommate has PS VR hooked up to my PS4, I've used it a few times..not my thing. Seems like it needs some time to mature. 

Depends on what game you played...which game Did you try?

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Well yeah, if you're trying to play VR on a game console when it really needs to be played on a beastly PC.

Kinda disagree...Ive talked with people who have played both. They were impressed with it on the PSVR...even moreso with a Pro.

The biggest issue with PSVR vs. The computer VR is lag, but that only started happening after update 4.50

PS5 will run 4K at 240FPS, out in 2019 says analyst

Linkage

really don't see 4K 240FPS becoming a thing for at least another few years, and definitely not in the console space - unless Sony has completely changed its stance and wants to not just compete against Microsoft and their upcoming Xbox One X, but blow it out of the water.

:wub:

On 7/9/2017 at 5:28 PM, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

My PS4 ID is still GACOLB.

I have all the games but I've never really gotten into multiplayer anything. Would really like to change that but no idea where to start. If someone is willing to help me on that front, hey just throw me a line. I'd really appreciate it. 

Do you have a subscription to PPlus?  That's the first step as it's required to play any game online.   

Also so depends on what type of games you enjoy.  Sports? FPS? Etc.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Do you have a subscription to PPlus?  That's the first step as it's required to play any game online.   

Also so depends on what type of games you enjoy.  Sports? FPS? Etc.

Yes on Plus. And I'll play most anything. Really the only thing I stay away from are anything MMO or MMORPG focused. Or whatever the ****. And I don't really have any interest in playing sports games with random people.

Here's my question, is there still a story narrative involved in these games? I've never completely I'munderstood that. Or is it just mass anarchy, raping and pillaging anyone you come across, teaming up to prevent others from raping and pillaging you? 

**** me. I hope you all appreciate how sensitive this topic is for me. I've never talked about this stuff with anyone before. I was out of the picture,  so to speak, for the opening window of this era of gaming and have just always felt left behind ever since. It really makes me feel old and unloved and so....not cool I guess. It's all very sad and humiliating. Yet another example of the Man keeping us down. But I digress...

Are there any MMO's with like sex and orgies and stuff? Just curious. 

16 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Yes. And I'll play most anything. Really the only thing I stay away from are anything MMO or MMORPG focused. Or whatever the ****. And I don't really have any interest in playing sports games with random people.

Here's my question, is there still a story narrative involved in these games? I've never completely understood that. Or is it just mass anarchy, raping and pillaging anyone you come across, teaming up to prevent others from raping and pillaging you? 

**** me. I hope you all appreciate how sensitive this topic is for me. I've never talked about this stuff with anyone before. I was out of the picture,  so to speak, for the opening window of this era of gaming and have just always felt left behind ever since. It really makes me feel old and unloved and so....not cool I guess. It's all very sad and humiliating. Yet another example of the Man keeping us down. But I digress...

Are there any MMO's with like sex and orgies and stuff? Just curious. 

On consoles, there are story based multiplayer games, Destiny is probably one of the best out there.  It's a good mix of multiplayer/single player, but to do certain things, multiplayer or co-op is required.  There are certain challenges that require you to be in a group/team and hard as **** to complete and there are some easy ones that you could solo.  The PvP is about as balanced as it gets, imo and it's comes in the form of multiple game modes and can be loads of fun. It's FPS based (PvP that is). 

I only mic'd up when running with some people on here (Codeorama, his son, Gonnie, etc.)  I know a pretty good amount of ES'ers played on either PS4 or Xbox1.  Destiny 2 comes out on Sept. 6th, so you might want to check it out and hold off on buying Destiny.  Unless you just want to get a feel for the game as they stated characters will transfer over to Destiny 2, so there is some value in still playing.

http://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-2-review/

There are games that have mass anarchy, griefing, player killing, etc. but most of those are mmorpgs on PC.  And it's a dying model (open world PvP, killing low levels, etc.).  On consoles, its a lot different as most of those games aren't ported to console to begin with and those that are typically have PvP in the form of arenas/battlegrounds.  

As far as MMO with sex/orgies, no clue man.

8 hours ago, Xameil said:

Depends on what game you played...which game Did you try?

Kinda disagree...Ive talked with people who have played both. They were impressed with it on the PSVR...even moreso with a Pro.

The biggest issue with PSVR vs. The computer VR is lag, but that only started happening after update 4.50

I played the DEMO disk and Resident Evil, neither blew me away.  My roommate nearly threw up playing the racing game .

The resolution just seems fuzzy to me.

9 hours ago, youngchew said:

PS5 will run 4K at 240FPS, out in 2019 says analyst

Linkage

:wub:

Yeah, I'll believe that **** when I see it. Sony can't get the Pro to do 60fps across the board. I doubt they're going to create a console that is doing more than 99% of the high-end gaming PCs today. 

16 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I played the DEMO disk and Resident Evil, neither blew me away.  My roommate nearly threw up playing the racing game .

The resolution just seems fuzzy to me.

I never played resident evil, so I can't say too much about it. I have 1 game that gets alittle fuzzy during one screen when waiting to launch, but it's not bad. The Pro took care of the fuzziness. As for getting sick from the driving game...i can see that happening. I've gotten dizzy a couple times when playing a new game, but it passed, and I was fine after that. Some people get real sick with certain VR games.

Until Dawn is pretty good. Got a couple questions about it...

1. How long is it exactly?

2. Just how much do your choices impact the story? Like DRASTICALLY different or just minor differences in dialogue?

3. How important is it to try to follow the totem prophecies exactly?

On 7/13/2017 at 10:01 AM, Xameil said:

I never played resident evil, so I can't say too much about it. I have 1 game that gets alittle fuzzy during one screen when waiting to launch, but it's not bad. The Pro took care of the fuzziness. As for getting sick from the driving game...i can see that happening. I've gotten dizzy a couple times when playing a new game, but it passed, and I was fine after that. Some people get real sick with certain VR games.

Low framerates (and I assume inconsistent framerates) are big contributors to the nauseousness caused by VR, which is part of why I mention that you need a beefy PC to really do it right.

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

2. Just how much do your choices impact the story? Like DRASTICALLY different or just minor differences in dialogue?

1) like 8-10 hours I think.

2) Well I think you can make it thru the story with everyone alive or just 2 people alive. that's the biggest impact. 

3) I only vaguely remember the totem prophecies. I think there is one show both outcomes of a situation so it may not be what you expect  

13 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Low framerates (and I assume inconsistent framerates) are big contributors to the nauseousness caused by VR, which is part of why I mention that you need a beefy PC to really do it right.

I can understand that....but motion sickness is cause by other factors as well.

I have spoken to people who have beefy PCs who play VR games. They had the opportunity to play the same game on a PS4 Pro, and said that they were impressed, and definitely if they didn't already have the beefy PC they would go for the PS4. I also know of a couple people who had the Rift and Vive and purchased the PSVR as well and have no complaints.

So far the biggest complaint the PSVR people have is that when we play against Vive and Rift players, they have better and faster connections. But that didn't happen until after Update 4.50. 

17 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

1. Probably about 10-12 hours if you take your time. 

2. Your choices matter a lot more than a Telltale game. In a Telltale game, if a character is destined to die than he's going to die no matter what choices you make. But in Until Dawn, you can save literally everyone but 3 minor characters, or you can have everyone die. 

3. Some of them are so vague it's hard to know what to do, but following them could help a character avoid one fate, only to push them into another. Other totems just warn you about what is about to happen. 

9 hours ago, Xameil said:

I can understand that....but motion sickness is cause by other factors as well.

I have spoken to people who have beefy PCs who play VR games. They had the opportunity to play the same game on a PS4 Pro, and said that they were impressed, and definitely if they didn't already have the beefy PC they would go for the PS4. I also know of a couple people who had the Rift and Vive and purchased the PSVR as well and have no complaints.

So far the biggest complaint the PSVR people have is that when we play against Vive and Rift players, they have better and faster connections. But that didn't happen until after Update 4.50. 

Motion sickness really varies from person to person, so I will concede that it's not necessary to have a perfectly stable high framerate for everyone to handle VR, but as the saying goes, "your mileage may vary".  Just as some people are more sensitive to flickering fluorescent lights (those things really get on my nerves!)

Finished Until Dawn. Lot of fun. It sucks though, I was doing so well had everyone alive until just about the very end when people started dropping like flies. Ended up with just three people alive(well four if you count you know who but he kind of ends up you know what at the end, trying to avoid spoilers).

Archived