Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

37 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Just watched 99 homes on Amazon. Michael Shannon is awesome as usual and Andre Garfield does well. It's about a guy that has his home foreclosed on then works for the realtor that foreclosed on the home. You can see the end coming from a mile away, but it was still worth the watch.

I bought this for $3.47 at Walmart then went home and saw it was free on Amazon prime lol

But Michael Shannon is fantastic as always. It was pretty shocking to see how he did things and i can only imagine how many other people made fortunes off the despair of the housing bubble collapse, even resorting to outright illegal acts like that. 

I don't know though, I thought Garfield's kid and mother were brats about it. Dude was making bank. It wasn't like he was a mafia hitman. I don't know if i would have handled the end the way Garfield. It was a pretty good movie. 

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don't know though, I thought Garfield's kid and mother were brats about it. Dude was making bank. It wasn't like he was a mafia hitman. I don't know if i would have handled the end the way Garfield. It was a pretty good movie. 

I agree they were brats. I don't know how I would handle the ending. Hard to know something is forged and hand it in.

6 hours ago, Destino said:

King Arthur: Legend of Guy Ritchie

Guy Ritchie clearly wanted to make Guy Ritchie movie and didn't let the setting or plot deter him.  The result feels like a middle ages spoof of Guy Ritchie. 

That one was disappointing but you could see it comin a mile away . I love Charlie Hunnam but he hasn't had much success in movies outside of Pacific Rim. I heard Lost City of Z is excellent tho I haven't seen it yet 

7 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I'm hearing it's hot fire.  Can't wait.  

One more hour...

• Like 1

@AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy here you go 

Baby Driver - It was awesome. Had a really unique feel to it with the way the music was incorporated. It's not deep  complex and it's not serious but was just a lot of fun, exhilarating and very entertaining 

Ansel, Jamie Foxx and John Hamm were all fantastic. I'm a little disappointed that Baby straight jacked my style because im the guy that rolls around 24/7 with headphones in lost in my own world ?✋?

I only had two real problems with the movie. One being that the relationship between Baby and Deborah wasn't believable. She knew him for 20 minutes and was ready to drop everything and run across the country together...even after realizing that every cop on the city was after him. 

The second issue I had is how quickly Spacey went from refusing to help Baby at all to giving his life up just because he saw Deborah loved him. Just seemed odd

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

@AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy here you go 

Baby Driver - It was awesome. Had a really unique feel to it with the way the music was incorporated. It's not deep  complex and it's not serious but was just a lot of fun, exhilarating and very entertaining 

Ansel, Jamie Foxx and John Hamm were all fantastic. I'm a little disappointed that Baby straight jacked my style because im the guy that rolls around 24/7 with headphones in lost in my own world ?✋?

Reveal hidden contents

I only had two real problems with the movie. One being that the relationship between Baby and Deborah wasn't believable. She knew him for 20 minutes and was ready to drop everything and run across the country together...even after realizing that every cop on the city was after him. 

The second issue I had is how quickly Spacey went from refusing to help Baby at all to giving his life up just because he saw Deborah loved him. Just seemed odd

Spoiler

I agree on Doc.  He was a dispicable character who used Baby and then all of the sudden had a heart and wanted to help him because he was in love once?

i thought the chemistry between Baby and Debra was really good.  I think her singing and the connection with his mom along with wanting out of the business is what drove him to want to run away with her.

Although I liked Jamie Foxx, I thought Bats was a little over the top.  They never gave much as to why he was so cold blooded.  With Buddy they gave you a little back story in the diner scene and Hamm brought charm to his character which made him likeable until the end.

i also wish the guy in the first heist scene who bullied Baby had gotten it at some point but we never see him again.

5 minutes ago, drowland said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree on Doc.  He was a dispicable character who used Baby and then all of the sudden had a heart and wanted to help him because he was in love once?

i thought the chemistry between Baby and Debra was really good.  I think her singing and the connection with his mom along with wanting out of the business is what drove him to want to run away with her.

Although I liked Jamie Foxx, I thought Bats was a little over the top.  They never gave much as to why he was so cold blooded.  With Buddy they gave you a little back story in the diner scene and Hamm brought charm to his character which made him likeable until the end.

i also wish the guy in the first heist scene who bullied Baby had gotten it at some point but we never see him again.

Jon Berenthal is the guy from the first heist. Shane from the Walking Dead. I've always liked him and wish he had been in the movie more. Then again, he said in the elevator "if you don't see me again, its cuz I'm dead"  lol 

As for Bats, I assumed based on his disdain for Buddy that he was a "real" criminal (not Wall Street) and grew up experiencing ****ed up stuff his entire life which is why he's a trigger happy psychopath

I liked Baby Driver a lot. The driving in that movie was insane! This is driving movie to enjoy, not the fast and furious garbage.

I had a couple minor issues with characters, and others have already pointed them out, but that was it. I loved how the music synched up with the movie, especially the gun fire! Also a big fan of the driector. Solid movie. Very enjoyable.

Spoiler

The ending was fine, but she waited for him for 5 years after knowing him just for a bit? They could have just ended it with him and her driving off, ideally in a car without bullet holes in the glass. Don't think you needed the court scenes to again say he was a good guy. We all know he was.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

I liked Baby Driver a lot. The driving in that movie was insane! This is driving movie to enjoy, not the fast and furious garbage.

I had a couple minor issues with characters, and others have already pointed them out, but that was it. I loved how the music synched up with the movie, especially the gun fire! Also a big fan of the driector. Solid movie. Very enjoyable.

Reveal hidden contents

The ending was fine, but she waited for him for 5 years after knowing him just for a bit? They could have just ended it with him and her driving off, ideally in a car without bullet holes in the glass. Don't think you needed the court scenes to again say he was a good guy. We all know he was.

I agree with your point about the ending too which goes back to me thinking it was fairly unbelievable. To clarify, i can see his attachment to her but not her attachment to him.  Either way, very entertaining and enjoyable movie. 

Alien Covenant

Entertaining as a horror movie, but the movie depends too heavily on inexplicably stupid behavior to advance the plot  which keeps me from calling it good.  Common problem with action and horror movies that really just comes down to lazy writing and poor story telling.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rskins06 said:

Transformers!!!!   Loved it.  Not the best one in the franchise but loved it anyway!

My family has alway had a special place in our hearts for this franchise, but the continuity between movies is always a bit much...

I would rate them as 1, 3, 4, 5, 2 in order of best to worst... this latest one was closer to #2 than #4 unfortunately... 

Pretty much they let Anthony Hopkins have the middle of the movie...but plot ia getting a bit too far fetched....

Baby Driver was solid, I was thoroughly entertained.  I'm with @Rdskns2000, his girl was hawt.  :o

Totally not what I expected:

Spoiler

I thought the group of robbers was going to be one big family type of vibe.  Thought Kevin Spacey would end up being the bad guy and as a team,  Elgort/Hamm/Foxx/Bernthal were gonna take him down together.  Boy was I wrong LOL

Baby Final Destination'd Jamie Foxx :rofl89:

Edgar Wright awesome, he wrote & directed most of my favorite Simon Pegg joints. Shaund of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World's End.  Toss in Scott Pilgrim VS the World (which had the same "music in sync with action on screen" as Baby Driver vibe), I wasn't surprised when I heard Baby Driver was one of the highest rated movies of 2017 so far. :) 

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1