Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Goodnight Mommy.  Austrian suspense thriller.  Pretty freaky!  

Mom comes home from the hospital with her face all bandaged up, and her twin boys notice she's not herself acting like herself.....

• Like 1

Get Out. 

Great horror movie.  It has that old school patience to it, where the movie isn't afraid of moving slowly or using silence as a tool greater than setting up jump scares.  Politics are a little heavy handed, but in this genre that doesn't work against it. 

• Like 1

Started watching Suicide Squad last night.  Wife wanted to check it out, which was cool with me because she doesn't normally get into comic book movies.

She started to fall asleep about 1 hour in and I turned it off and went to bed.  I don't think we will finish this movie.  Awful portrayal of Joker.  Will Smith stealing the show with an ancillary character.  Villains that offer no real interest.

The Founder.  Michael Keaton playing Ray Kroc.  Nick Offerman is great as one of the McDonald's brothers, the other guy that plays his brother is great, too.

From what I can tell, historically accurate movie. Everything I've read on Wiki and other sites has it all going down the same way.  Keaton is great as Kroc, and if you're a sucker for period pieces like I am, you'll love the 50s feel.   Great job on explaining how McDonald's came to be.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Deja Vu was awesome. Better than Man on Fire for my money 

Man, i don't know about that one LOL.  if "Creaseyyyyyy" doesn't make you year up at the end of MoF , you're dead inside

I loved how uncomfortable Get Out made me feel the whole time.  Sense of dread, knowing **** was gonna go south, but didn't know when.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DM72 said:

And that movie has some serious star power. Kind of surprising it's tanking.

It's based on the book.  I liked it but found the implications of what was depicted in the movie creepy.  It is so close to what could happen in reality.  Maybe that's one of the reasons it flopped?  The story not fleshed out well from the book, apparently? At least, that's what some reviews have said.

Spoiler

What it depicted in the commercials make your think the  movie is going one way but it doesn't.

"Blue Jay."  Saw it on Netflix, googled it, and the reviews were strong (93% Rotten), so we checked it out.  I'm glad I did, excellent Indie Drama.  Epic performances by Mark Duplass and Sarah Paulson.  The entire movie takes place over the course of 12 hours.  Former high school sweethearts bump into each other 25 years later and end up spending the day together.   At just 85 minutes, Blue Jay is a quick and rewarding watch.  Recommend.  

Mark Duplass, who also directed this movie, said in an interview that he and Paulson improvised about 30% of the dialogue, and it was noticeable throughout the film.  The conversations felt really authentic as both actors were basically winging a lot of the conversations.  

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

Girl with all the Gifts - Had never heard of it but got good reviews on Rotten. Set in Britain Glen Close is a Dr experimenting on children in a an attempt to find a vaccine for a fungal disease that is wiping out humanity.    It was OK started off well really didn't like the ending. 

Edited by nonniey

On 4/30/2017 at 2:23 PM, youngchew said:

"Blue Jay."  Saw it on Netflix, googled it, and the reviews were strong (93% Rotten), so we checked it out.  I'm glad I did, excellent Indie Drama.  Epic performances by Mark Duplass and Sarah Paulson.  The entire movie takes place over the course of 12 hours.  Former high school sweethearts bump into each other 25 years later and end up spending the day together.   At just 85 minutes, Blue Jay is a quick and rewarding watch.  Recommend.  

Mark Duplass, who also directed this movie, said in an interview that he and Paulson improvised about 30% of the dialogue, and it was noticeable throughout the film.  The conversations felt really authentic as both actors were basically winging a lot of the conversations. 

Sounds like a very Mark Duplass movie.  He had another one called Your Sister's Sister which I think would be along the same lines.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Sounds like a very Mark Duplass movie.  He had another one called Your Sister's Sister which I think would be along the same lines.

With Emily BLunt?  Randomly caught that a year or so ago on cable.  It was pretty good, but I liked Blue Jay a little better.

I like Duplass, he's an emo dude like me LOL.  I enjoyed Safety Not Guaranteed and The One I Love.  

8 minutes ago, youngchew said:

With Emily BLunt?  Randomly caught that a year or so ago on cable.  It was pretty good, but I liked Blue Jay a little better.

I like Duplass, he's an emo dude like me LOL.  I enjoyed Safety Not Guaranteed and The One I Love.  

Have you seen Jeff, Who Live At Home?

27 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Have you seen Jeff, Who Live At Home?

It sounds familiar.  I googled it and the summary seems eerily familiar, but I can't remember it.  Was it good?  I like Dupalss' movies and Helms and what's his name...big dude.  Name escapes me.  

1 minute ago, youngchew said:

It sounds familiar.  I googled it and the summary seems eerily familiar, but I can't remember it.  Was it good?  I like Dupalss' movies and Helms and what's his name...big dude.  Name escapes me.  

Jason Segel.  It's not a must-see, but it is a Duplass written/directed movie and you can probably feel his touch.  I remember it being more dramatic than the previews let on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

A classic 

Rofl, that Honest Trailer was awesome. "I WANT BUTTS!" Somehow that line got by me when I was watching it. And Iceman's sexual bite toward Maverick is probably one of the most awkward, questioning moments in cinematic history lol.

• Like 1