Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

he rapes, but he saves!  :ols:

I personally don't think rape jokes are funny...about anything. 

I am not too blinded to know, that comedians make jokes that are oft times inappropriate. 

Stop overthinking that one. 

15 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I personally don't think rape jokes are funny...about anything. 

I am not too blinded to know, that comedians make jokes that are oft times inappropriate. 

Stop overthinking that one. 

I think special interests each demanding that their population or focus by excluded entirely from comedy is small minded and ridiculous  Comedy has to hit the parts of life that make us uncomfortable.  The key, for me, is does the joke say "rape is funny" or does it point out something else.  Chappelle was definitely not saying that rape is funny.  He set up a fake super hero story as a metaphor for reconciling the good and bad of Bill Cosby.

• Like 1

Ehh... Kind of. I saw his new Netflix shows. Funnier than when I saw him live. 

I have never been a big fan of his. Sometimes he is funny, most times, he is just a caricature. 

One of the reasons that I have never liked Dane Cook, or Andy Kaufman. Ehh ? 

8 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Ehh... Kind of. I saw his new Netflix shows. Funnier than when I saw him live. 

I have never been a big fan of his. Sometimes he is funny, most times, he is just a caricature. 

One of the reasons that I have never liked Dane Cook, or Andy Kaufman. Ehh ? 

Yet you listen to Five Finger Death Punch.  A corporate boy-band of caricatures if there ever was one.

• Like 1

Last Year At Marienbad (B&W, French, 1961).

Slow-paced and deliberate, revolving around the concept of memory and it's degradation over time. As the story unfolds, questions, motives, and confusion push the mystery further. Very much art-house with great cinematography. A little longer than it should have been time-wise, but worth the unique experience.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 8:50 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Whew, The Blackcoats Daughter was really creepy and downright nasty.  A damn fine horror flick, unconventional and bleak.

Recommended...but it's not for everyone.

What did you think of the ending?...And did you figure out who everyone was in the movie?

Spoiler

Emma Roberts crying at the end when she realizes she can't recapture having the devil/demon possess her again by returning to the school was kinda freaky...might be the first movie where the victim of a possession, instead of feeling relief at the demon being banished, instead wants the devil to return to her body.

Edited by Califan007

On 4/3/2017 at 8:29 PM, Califan007 said:

What did you think of the ending?...And did you figure out who everyone was in the movie?

Reveal hidden contents

Emma Roberts crying at the end when she realizes she can't recapture having the devil/demon possess her again by returning to the school was kinda freaky...might be the first movie where the victim of a possession, instead of feeling relief at the demon being banished, instead wants the devil to return to her body.

I did!  And the ending was truly chilling.

Finally got around to watching Rogue One.  Truly a kick-ass movie.  Last 30-40 minutes are right up there with anything in the franchise.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I really liked it...but I tend to like horror movies that are full of dread moreso than full of gore (although this movie has some rather nasty stuff as well).

I'm the same way - I love the psychological, slowburn, tension-building horror. The gory stuff just doesn't do anything for me.

18 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

I'm the same way - I love the psychological, slowburn, tension-building horror. The gory stuff just doesn't do anything for me.

Youll love it.  The score is amazing too.  It'll definitely appeal to your metal sensibilities.

Bonus trivia: Directed and written by the youngest son of Anthony Perkins, of Psycho fame.

I watched, "The Accountant" (2016).  This would have been intriguing as a Netflix miniseries... alas I couldn't stop think that Ben Affleck was mashed up into a role that was Bourne/Will Hunting.  B- for the movie... an F for the concept because there was so much packed into this movie. 

Season 1 you could do an origins movie with whatever triggered him first, season 2 you could focus on the crime family/Treasury Dept link, and tell more of the story with his brother.  

What a waste of a fun little concept... 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2017 at 9:03 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Saw "Ghost in the Shell" over the weekend.  Just another C movie. Average.  It was a little different.

I saw GITS last weekend and I'm kind of mixed on it too. The iconic scenes were done well and their way of creating a backstory and expanding on an origin was fairly interesting. Batou grew on me too. Speaking of the iconic shots, it was refreshing to see those scenes used in different places and not in their original order.

I will say this after watching it - casting Johansson was indeed pointless and needless whitewashing. Yes, I said it. There aren't many opportunities in American cinema to have an Asian female lead (if there are any at all) but this was one. I mean seriously, when else if not this film?

Kong: Skull Island

Decent, wasn't blown away.  I appreciate there was plenty of Kong, early and often.  John C. Reilly had the only human character that was interesting.  

I was trying to figure out though why a giant male gorilla has no twig and berries.  How did the Kongs reproduce?

Edited by justice98