Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Girl Dilemma....

Prototype

What's up ES.... I'm coming to you guys for some advice

So there's this girl in my class, and I think she's really pretty, but I just haven't had the guts to go up to talk to her at all. I mean, AT ALL. She sits across from me, and I feel like she catches my stares from time to time, but glances away in a rather uninterested fashion

The problem is, there's only one class left, and it's pretty much my last opportunity. I also feel like I screwed myself over, since it would be even more awkward that I haven't even spoken to her all semester, and all of a sudden, I'm super friendly, and it might weird her out. On top of all that, since again, I repeat, I haven't had ANY conversation with her whatsoever, I don't even know if she has a boyfriend or not, which makes me even more nervous about approaching her.

What can I do? There's got to be a lady killer/pickup pro around here somewhere that can help me out? Or is it just a lost cause, and I should just move on and forget about it?

You're over thinking it.

Talking to a member of the opposite sex shouldn't be such a demanding task. Just talk to her, you have something in common which is that you attend the same class. Use that as a first step. If she's interested in you, it shouldn't be hard to translate that into a different subject.

Ask her to do something concrete, but casual. coffee, casual lunch, etc, but for a specific time and place. Don't leave it open ended as in sometime. Obviously, for directly after the class works best, but be willing to take I'm busy as not a no (though it might be a no) and try another time immediately (plan out when and where for two times that work for you) (if you get two no and she doesn't chime in w/ well how about this other time or a phone #, then you likely have a real no).

Who cares if she has a boy friend at this time? If she does, she'll tell you. If not right away, then I'm sure she'll mention it PDQ.

(I actually did this, though not to a girl that I sat next to all semester, but she was in the same class. She said yes. Turned out she had a boy friend. I'm no worse for wear for the effort.)

You're over thinking it.

Talking to a member of the opposite sex shouldn't be such a demanding task. Just talk to her, you have something in common which is that you attend the same class. Use that as a first step. If she's interested in you, it shouldn't be hard to translate that into a different subject.

This is probably the best approach. But I've always found the honest approach to be effective. Just like you said in your post...Ive always thought you were really pretty and wanted to say Hi while I had the chance. If she's interested, it will progress. If not, there will be an awkward pause and you move on, her loss. But she'll remember you. And who knows maybe you'll catch her drunk one night.

No matter how you do it, do it. You'll be happy you did no matter how it turns out.

I mean, I'm no stranger in talking to the opposite sex, I do it all the time. This is just a very isolated case, in which she just gives this "aura" of not wanting to be approached, I can sense it. She only ever talks to her 1 friend in the class, and that's it.

"Hey my friends and I are going to bwu on Thursday. Wanted to see if you and your friends wanted to meet up with us there."

Something to that effect. You don't have to put the pressure all on you or her. It's a neutral place and she can gracefully decline without putting you on the spot.

As Louis ck says, the implicit or is explicit message in all this is: I think yore hot and I want to **** your face. And that's ok.

If you are getting a signal from her not to approach, then she is likely actually sending that signal out. Your attempt is likely to fail in getting the girl, but it will be great practice for you. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Girl or practice, it's all good. After having this experience, next time there will be an irresistible aura of braveness about you.

You've waited too long so now you gotta go for it. Just be chill and approach her. Tell her she seems like she's cool and if she would be willing to hang out sometime.

Approach her after/before class and wing it.

MAIN THING IS HAVE CONFIDENCE. DON'T BE A TIMID *****.

Be funny if you can and open it up with stuff about class.

If it doesn't work, you probably won't see her that much anymore anyway

Seriously - last class....

Go say hi. She will say hi back (Unless you repulse her....)

Then say "So I know we have never spoken - but being last class...you want to get a drink sometime?"

I actually did this twice. Once -Same as you. Last day of class. She answered with a "Sorry- I have a Boyfriend". (to which I replied "Well -If your sorry -Dump him". Never saw her again....

the other time was when I was waiting tables and a girl was on a blind date. He went to the bathroom and I said "I know your on a date - But it doesn't seem serious. Would you ever go out with a waiter?"

We were married for 9 years......

(Both outcomes were bad come to think of it)....

Honestly as others have said, take the chance and just say hi. I like the approach of we are going X, feel free to join me and my boys there. Odds are good you might have waited too long in this class, but with out even asking the answer is already no. At least if you ask there is a chance she says yes. In the future, if there is something you want go out and be proactive. Take it. Take chances, the risk is smaller than you think.

Good luck man.

Archived