Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

I travel a lot for work. The number of people on flights these days with "service dogs" is unreal. Apparently, all it takes is a patch for the dog to wear - nothing official - something you can buy on the interwebz. Ridiculous...

Not accurate. For a dog to be a "service dog" (in reality, they are therapy dogs) you have to get a note from a mental health professional stating you need the dog to be a cognitive, functioning person. Yes, people are exploiting that purpose. But there are legit reasons a therapy dog is needed.

Oh and have you seen the latest craze.  "Service Dogs" for people with anxiety and depression.  If you have to have one, leave the dog at home and carry a stuffed animal around, while you are out.  I just think that's a slap in the face at real people who need Service Dogs for a physical disability.  As someone who suffers from anxiety and depression, I go to counseling. I'm not on medication. I don't need some smelly animal next to me 24 hours a day to keep me sane.

There are dogs trained to sense when a panic/anxiety attack is coming on and to act in a way to snap that person out of the spiral. They use these dogs to treat PTSD in vets/survivors. The dogs are trained to respond to verbal, physical, and emotional clues and respond in a way to stop the outburst that is coming. These dogs legitimately permit a person who would otherwise be hiding from reality to live a functional life.

• Like 2

Not accurate. For a dog to be a "service dog" (in reality, they are therapy dogs) you have to get a note from a mental health professional stating you need the dog to be a cognitive, functioning person. Yes, people are exploiting that purpose. But there are legit reasons a therapy dog is needed.

Accurate...

i_am_a_service_dog_large.jpg?v=145315455

DLP_service_dog_1024x1024_large.jpg?v=14

http://www.sitstay.com/collections/patches

Edited by GoSkins0721

So I came across Synagen IQ during my internet excursions and looked it up as it seems like snake oil to me.  It is supposed to enhance brain function.  Then I ran across this:

• This is very upright protect for your anthropological brain to accomplish all the jobs adequately despite the fact using the wonderful expertise because when brain will doubtless be relaxing as well as balanced it motivation eventually do the job together.

And I'm left thinking that if whoever wrote this took Synagen IQ, then it seems to have the opposite effect.

• Like 1

17qkeiqrg6ejpjpg.jpg

Description from when it wen on sale in 2012:

for sale 1962 international truckcar, has every optional that a car could have ,has frontwheel drive driveline disk brakes all around , has air bags that are in working order has oldsmobile dash with tilt cruise , power seats , air -did work but i low of freon due from setting -can drive it anywhere, every light works as well as new cab lights allready has grandam door handles installed and work great, has alloy wheels and this truck has a good title which is titled as a international, has a grand am rear with the original duel exhaust, car is fuel injected and there are no check engine lights on?everthing is in working order but the aircondition is low of freon call if interested to much to list lots of time put in this car , have to many other projects to ,do so call 606 456 xxxx -no emails please -price is firm -have probly twice as much invested .-this vehicle will be sold where is as is…thanks

Description from when it wen on sale in 2012:

So, a whole bunch of stuff that's non-stock...

I went through Janis Joplin's tour bus in 1989...it had a microwave. So I walked off saying, "Wish I woulda seen it when it was REAL."

Edited by skinsmarydu

I just filed the paperwork to register my dog as a therapy dog. I am not joking. I can't wait to take her to Home Depot and get her to sniff you ****heads.

My dog self identifies with therapy dogs. No paperwork needed and it can poop where it wants!

• Like 1