Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Mike Sainristil CB Michigan

PCS

1 hour ago, The Consigliere said:

Heard the same, but there are always values available. Like everyone I'm nervous about Troy Franklin, but in round 3 Troy Franklin became a value, and in round 4 he became a steal, there were other guys like Franklin who fell as well....So, while I think that's generally true, you can still pick off the fallers....  

This is a good example. I like Sinnott, but do I like Sinnott that much better than the other guys who didnt go until the TE run in round 4? Nope. I like Sinnott, but not that much. Hopefully he proves to be as good as they think but if he's just our version of Kyle Juschyk (spelling), it wasn't remotely worth that. 

I always had Sinnott around the mid 2nd, so you're wrong. I had him as a 1b TE and we're lucky we got him where we did.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Consigliere said:

I'm talking mine, not the league consensus. Which is how and why I think Penix at 8 and Nix at 12 or whatever was insane. 

Wrong thread really, but those calls are all about tens of million dollar contracts as opposed to anything else. They are money and cap driven moves. IMO.

Anyway, this lads a great DB prospect….

54 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I always had Sinnott around the mid 2nd, so you're wrong. I had him as a 1b TE and we're lucky we got him where we did.

Agree. Mid second. Complete stud in the making.

On 5/12/2024 at 9:48 PM, Stadium-Armory said:

Can't recall the last time we connected on a corner blitz. Hoping this is our year, and he's our guy!

I think I saw a CB log a pressure once last year.

• Haha 1

Can't recall the last time we connected on a corner blitz. Hoping this is our year, and he's our guy!

Shawn Springs under Gregg Williams was the last time I remember that happening with any regularity 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Shawn Springs under Gregg Williams was the last time I remember that happening with any regularity 

From memory, I believe he led the team in sacks his first year here. I remember being pissed he didn't make the Pro Bowl

10 hours ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Springs was so good. He missed way too much time but when he was on the field, I think he was as good as anybody else we’ve had except Sean Taylor and Trent Williams.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)

Just listened to Kevin Sheehan's podcast from 5/23 with Cooley doing a film breakdown of all four 2nd & 3rd round picks, with the 2nd round player evals on the 5/23 show and the 3rd round evals on today's (5/24) show.

Kevin asked him to start with with his fave player out of the bunch and Cooley went right to Mike Sainristil. Super fun to listen to someone like Chris, who knows his stuff, but doesn't follow CFB closely enough to have a preconceived notion about the player. Thinks he will be a heavy contributor right away.

Edited by Bantu
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 4:36 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Springs was so good. He missed way too much time but when he was on the field, I think he was as good as anybody else we’ve had except Sean Taylor and Trent Williams.

....not trying to be rude at all, but I think this is missing a London Fletcher. :)

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Blitz,  what's that?  We've ignored that term for so long lol

Is Sainristil the right guy to be a corner blitzer though? The dude is 5'9 182lbs. I realize he had 3 sacks in college, but how will he fare when going against a 5'11 220lb NFL RB who's job is to pick up blitzers on passing downs? Maybe if it's an overload blitz and he gets a free run at the QB?

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Is Sainristil the right guy to be a corner blitzer though? The dude is 5'9 182lbs. I realize he had 3 sacks in college, but how will he fare when going against a 5'11 220lb NFL RB who's job is to pick up blitzers on passing downs? Maybe if it's an overload blitz and he gets a free run at the QB?

A lot of pro backs suck at pass pro. It's one of those secondary skills you don't have to be good at as a first/second down back if you are great in other areas.

6 minutes ago, method man said:

A lot of pro backs suck at pass pro. It's one of those secondary skills you don't have to be good at as a first/second down back if you are great in other areas.

I guess I'm just not quite getting where this idea of using him a bunch as a blitzing CB is coming from. The guy is a ball hawking slot CB who excels in zone coverage. Why would we not just play to those strengths?

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I guess I'm just not quite getting where this idea of using him a bunch as a blitzing CB is coming from. The guy is a ball hawking slot CB who excels in zone coverage. Why would we not just play to those strengths?

I’m sure we mostly will just play to those strengths, but I think the idea is that Quinn (and assumedly, Whitt) defenses send pressure from everywhere, so sending your slot DB once in a while to keep the threat of that alive seems like a realistic outcome even if it’s not something he does a ton. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’m sure we mostly will just play to those strengths, but I think the idea is that Quinn (and assumedly, Whitt) defenses send pressure from everywhere, so sending your slot DB once in a while to keep the threat of that alive seems like a realistic outcome even if it’s not something he does a ton. 

From what I've read, I don't think Quinn is the Gregg Williams type who does lots of exotic blitzes and sends guys from everywhere. With Dallas he rarely brought more than 4 or 5. What he most often utilized more than anything was chaos with the guys he did have up front in lots of creative stunting. Though obviously it does help when you have a guy like Parsons on your team, so who knows.

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

From what I've read, I don't think Quinn is the Gregg Williams type who does lots of exotic blitzes and sends guys from everywhere. With Dallas he rarely brought more than 4 or 5. What he most often utilized more than anything was chaos with the guys he did have up front in lots of creative stunting. Though obviously it does help when you have a guy like Parsons on your team, so who knows.

It’s going to have to be different given no difference maker in the EDGE group