Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

Not trying to sound like I’m drinking the Commander Kool Aid. The first 4 picks were homeruns to me and the 5th pick was good.

Jayden Daniels-3 months ago my brother in-law Ravens fan asked me who I would take and I said Daniels. Not because I think Daniels is going to be a superstar but the best of the bunch. 

Johnny Newton-I didn’t do much DT research but after the pick is saw why he was projected anywhere 12th to 25th BPA most big boards. Also Jon Allen and Payne have never been pushed. Every coach sings their praises and kisses their butts. They seem like prideful players so I expect better play next year.

Mike Sainrastil-The ultimate Swiss Army knife. Tackles like a linebacker, covers like a corner and catches like a wideout. Elite defenses have this player if it’s Kyle Hamilton, Tyran Matthieu or lesser degree Mike Hilton.

Ben Sinnott-I cannot be happier with the selection. We’ve had the worst tight end room in the last 5 years. He is the offensive version of Saintastil. Can line up at FB, TE, Slot and excel everywhere. I saw a lot of people talk negative on his blocking. He gives tremendous effort. I will be very excited to hear Cooley take on him. He reminded me of a slightly more athletic version of him.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I think what I'm happy the most about this off-season is seeing how badly Dallas is regressing and it's quickly. Free agency and the draft has basically sucked for them.  It's like their team is in shambles right now after we gutted them, and I'm loving every minute of it.  You can sense the tide is finally turning in the division and it's not fake this time.  

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

I think what I'm happy the most about this off-season is seeing how badly Dallas is regressing and it's quickly. Free agency and the draft has basically sucked for them.  It's like their team is in shambles right now after we gutted them, and I'm loving every minute of it.  You can sense the tide is finally turning in the division and it's not fake this time.  

I don't know what I accidentally clicked to get dallas in my feed but man are they bitter about DQ. The Dallas media thinks every move we make is an intentional attack by him. Its pretty awesome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, rhyno said:

I don't know what I accidentally clicked to get dallas in my feed but man are they bitter about DQ. The Dallas media thinks every move we make is an intentional attack by him. Its pretty awesome.

15 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yeah the Cowturds fans remember that their defense went from worst in the NFL to top 3 pretty quick under Quinn. Then he raided their talent.

Who can feel sorry for them though? :P

lol the craziest Cowboys fans actually think that because Quinn already had his eye on our job opening (which was obvious, to be fair), he purposely tanked their gameplan in the playoffs so he could get to interviewing ASAP rather than being at a disadvantage against other candidates :ols:

• Haha 4

On 4/27/2024 at 5:50 PM, kingdaddy said:

I'm with ya, and I can't stand Roseman, but he may have had his best draft ever this weekend. That being said, I'm willing to give Peters a learning curve.

Haha, Peters outdueled Roseman easily.

On 4/27/2024 at 5:08 PM, kingdaddy said:

My grade for Peters, after seeing the total body of the draft, is B- for a couple of big reasons: 1). we got none of the LT prospects that we desperately need, 2). Compared to Howie Roseman who traded up and back while getting multiple picks for next years draft, Peters largely sat still during the draft and played the board as it came to him. I didn't see a whole lot of creativity from him other than the deal with Roseman which allowed the Eagles to swoop in and take Dejean. That deal may end up really impacting Peters grade one way or another. 

All that being said, as Bill Polian said today, you can't really grade a draft class for 4 years so we'll see how this all plays out. 

I'd give Peters an "A" for free agency but thought he'd be more aggressive during the draft. Still, I'm extremely excited to see this team continue to add pieces before opening day.

Dude, this is a terrible take.

18 minutes ago, Conn said:

lol the craziest Cowboys fans actually think that because Quinn already had his eye on our job opening (which was obvious, to be fair), he purposely tanked their gameplan in the playoffs so he could get to interviewing ASAP rather than being at a disadvantage against other candidates :ols:

Yeah, because the Cowturds never lose playoff games just like that!

• Haha 6

Dallas has been drafting well in recent history...not sure about their picks but we won't know about ours or theirs for another several months. 🤔 

They are cursed by JJ and let us pray he lives for another 200 years💩

10 minutes ago, Commander20180 said:

Haha, Peters outdueled Roseman easily.

Dude, this is a terrible take.

Not sure it's that terrible really because these youngsters haven't seen an NFL snap. I believe in multiple opinions and it opens my eyes to what I'm missing many many times. 😎

Eagles got two guys to replace two overpaid guys, we won't know if that works out for awhile. 

I like this draft for many reasons. They drafted a beast in the 2nd instead of our typical whiff in that spot. Sinnott is a beast 💪 I wondered who AP was going to choose as he's been awesome at TE selection. Sanristril is seriously underrated and could be special. Luke McCaffery will be a good possession slot like his dad. 

• Like 3

What I really liked about this draft is that there are no WTF picks. No Phidarian Mathis or trading up for long snapper type moves. No stiffs like Ryan Anderson. We got players that look the part that at least garnered legit pre draft attention and hype. 

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Friendly reminder that the Bears didn’t cut Leno till May 3 in 2021. There are decent veteran players yet to be released as teams work thru their post-draft rosters.

I don’t have much hope of that this go around. If you look at the teams that drafted tackles, I don’t see it happening. In cases where the picks are replacing vets, those vets are already FAs in Peat and D. Smith.

The one possibility may be Orlando Brown Jr in Cincy with the drafting of Mims. It’d be a $26M dead cap hit if they cut him or traded him though. The other possibility is Mims beats out Trent Brown and they cut him. However, he was there for the taking this offseason and we clearly didn’t want him and his baggage

Edited by method man

It feels so good to finally be the team who takes the consensus top player rather than reach for someone we see traits in.

In 2021 it was jamin davis over Christian darrisaw, huge mistake, in 2022 we passed on olave and that trade hasn't burned us as badly but olave is a blue chipper and Dotson and robinson are both just good and then last year it was the shocker of Forbes over the absolute consensus pick of gonzales, come to think of it had we just drafted the first person named Christian the last three years we'd be much better off.

But whatever that's in the past, and we didn't do that this year.

I have little doubt that if the prior regime were in place we'd have been the team drafting someone like ruke ororororo or however you spell it while the next team up pops their eyes open wide seeing that pick and rushes to the podium to take newton.

Instead we were the benefactor of that this year and it feels pretty good

• Like 1

I didn’t scout prospects, create a big board, etc, so I can’t really judge their choices on that front.  However, some things I really dig about their draft from a philosophical standpoint:

Team captains - they’re committed to changing the culture and while that starts up top, bringing in guys that were leaders on their respective teams helps create/foster that foundation.

BPA - drafting Newton, drafting Sainristil (when we have Martin and St Juste as solid slot options), and not taking a tackle with their 3 2nd rounders.  Additionally, as I mentioned previously, they arguably got 4 (or even 5) of the top 2 prospects at their positions.

Aggressiveness - while it didn’t exactly work out, they attempted to move up (twice?) into the 1st, and were willing to trade with a division rival (for better or worse, lol).

Succession planning - not sure just how intentional it was, but McCaffrey, Magee, Hampton and Jean-Baptiste are all guys behind 1 year FAs (Crowder, Wagner and Chinn, Ferrell/Fowler).

TE - we finally landed a high end TE prospect.

Athleticism - it was an obvious focus for the FO, and pairing these types with well respected coaches and vets improves the chances these prospects find success.

17 minutes ago, PigskinPhat said:

Funny that our two “n/a” guys (Daniels and Newton) are probably among the most athletic at their positions.

• Like 3