Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm not gonna grade the draft, but there's nobody that I'm particularly enthused about seeing outside of Daniels.  I was hoping for another starter somewhere, but I don't really forsee that.  But we'll see.  

Please share this with the team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think we’ve properly addressed the defense. We should be pretty good to borderline really good with the new coaching staff. 

offensively will be fun. We just really like Coleman as a LT cause he was our only OL pick and after we took him were in position to grab OTs and OGs of value later and passed

Excited to read up on the draft once the dust settles and UDFAs get in! 

PS I think Luke McCaffery is gonna end up as a pro bowl caliber slot WR. Really excited to see what he can do. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm not gonna grade the draft, but there's nobody that I'm particularly enthused about seeing outside of Daniels.  I was hoping for another starter somewhere, but I don't really forsee that.  But we'll see.  

That pre-pick announcement stuff is painful.  Guys getting the mic and going into business for themselves.  I even wanted Darrell to shut up and get on with the pick.  lol  Get up there announce the pick, get on to the next one.  

J98, how about you give our 1st year GM Adam Peters, F.O., DQ and coaching staff and Ownership a year before you judge this as being a poor draft.  Sound reasonable to you?  :)  

49 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Defense heavy draft is quite surprising IMO

Got to think we see a couple of offensive moves post draft…..

Why? We had one of the worst defenses in Washington football history last season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I grade this draft a B. But, I will say this was better than any Rivera draft. 

In the first round we took the best player available at the most important position.  Unfortunately I feel there was a huge drop from Williams to everyone else.  But regardless, this was the right pick. 

The second round was odd.  I feel that Peters was trying to fill voids in a depleted Rivera team and failed to find day 1 starters.  I would have rather traded all 3 of those picks for a higher profile player.  But hopefully I'm wrong.  

The third round was fantastic.  We found 2 future studs and long-term players.  Mark my word.  

The final rounds were great.  Good size players with potential.  

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Partag said:

I'm very happy with this draft!

I feel good about it overall too.

The biggest thing for me is that there is so much runway for rookie impact. It does not matter who you pick if they don't have a pathway to playtime and your stuck halfway thru the season w/ only Forbes logging significant reps because all your picks are locked behind vets on the depth chart. Then your coming out of the year with like no hits anywhere. You need to be able to give some rooks the opportunity to shine, so they have a chance to give you confidence in filing a hole.

JD by himself makes this super impactful, but I can see several of these guys logging a significant number of reps this year. No repeat of last season.

Outside of JD I thin Ben Sinnot is my fav. Dude can line up all over the place and that is gonna be a toy for Kliff.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Surprised Beaux Limmer is still available. I missed that one badly in the ES draft. 

Ive loved him since last year. Totally clear upgrade from Stromberg who we draft 3 rounds to early 

This draft was awesome. Best I've seen in a very long time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, danielcommanders said:

The second round was odd.  I feel that Peters was trying to fill voids in a depleted Rivera team and failed to find day 1 starters.  I would have rather traded all 3 of those picks for a higher profile player.  But hopefully I'm wrong.  

When listening to Peters call to Newton he tells him that he "couldn't believe he was still on the board". This tells me that we had a grade on Newton that was much higher and just couldn't pass him up. After Daniels it feels like Peters took the bpa approach while considering most of our needs but obviously not all of them. So now is Allen or Payne a trade candidate for an offensive lineman or stud WR (Samuel or Aiyuk)? 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Daniels, Sinnot and Newton are almost guaranteed to see significant time.

Sainistril will see some time but he’s playing in a logjammed position so that’ll take a bit more creativity. 

I think Coleman is going to start at some point… because our tackle situation is that bad.

The others are projects/specs guys. 

Just now, kingdaddy said:

When listening to Peters call to Newton he tells him that he "couldn't believe he was still on the board". This tells me that we had a grade on Newton that was much higher and just couldn't pass him up. After Daniels it feels like Peters took the bpa approach while considering most of our needs but obviously not all of them. So now is Allen or Payne a trade candidate for an offensive lineman or stud WR (Samuel or Aiyuk)? 

No. They aren’t.

On paper I don't like this draft for us but I am hoping I am wrong. I know they tried to move up for OT, but did not get one. If not getting OT, I was hoping that they took kool-aid or Dejean for secondary but traded back for Michigan Cb who is short at 5 8. The DT could be great but its are strogest position already. We had other players we could have drafted there. I was not a big fan of the TE we drafted, but since it's first year for GM and Coach I will wait to see these players in season. I am disappointed about the oline mostly. I am hoping they sign M Becton for 1 year. 

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Ive loved him since last year. Totally clear upgrade from Stromberg who we draft 3 rounds to early 

This draft was awesome. Best I've seen in a very long time.

Went to the rams. Rd 6

• Like 1

If they make it to UDFA: 

Dallin Holker, TE
Blake Watson, RB
Gabriel Murphy, EDGE
Kedon Slovis, QB
Andrew Coker, OT
Julian Pearl, OT but transition to OG
Karsen Barnhart, OT but transition to OG
Omar Speights, LB

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, danielcommanders said:

I grade this draft a B. But, I will say this was better than any Rivera draft. 

In the first round we took the best player available at the most important position.  Unfortunately I feel there was a huge drop from Williams to everyone else.  But regardless, this was the right pick. 

The third round was fantastic.  We found 2 future studs and long-term players.  Mark my word.  

The final rounds were great.  Good size players with potential.  

I am going to grade Peters on a curve, him being a GM for the 1st time and all, I will give him an A-  :) 

I kinda wish we took a QB to develop.  Sure we have Jake Fromm BFD but I have been beating the drums to always have 2 young QBs on the roster with 1 being groomed.  Joe Milton taken by NE was one that I think would have been interesting to grab - now they have 2 QBs to develop lol. Make no mistake Daniels is turnkey ready week 1 but what is our long term insurance for him, Fromm? Last year again showed QBs take their lumps and you need a solid backup plan.  Overall a very good draft and will live with #0 Marcus F. Mariota. 

Edited by RandyHolt

17 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Remember, Peter’s said something they did in San Fran on the last day of the draft is let everyone pound the table and make a case for their guy. He mentioned really liking that, so I’m sure we’ve got that going on here too

Unfortunately the one example I heard of that was Kyle pounding the table for Joe Williams, who, needless to say, left no mark on the game whatsoever. I appreciate the idea, though, honestly, I want the GM to collect the information available, hold their meetings and make a choice on draft day, I don't want some position coach trumping the GM w/a pounding the table move at like 1023am on a saturday, either you convinced the GM the previous four months, or you didn't. Otoh, Tom Brady, more or less, was the product of a similar effort with the Patriots brain test, lower level officials advocating hard for him way back in 2000. 

20 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

“We can’t address all of our roster issues in one offseason” - Washington fans every offseason since the signing of the Magna Carta. 

Mark May, Russ Grimm, Joe Jacoby, Dexter Manley, Charlie Brown, Clint Didier, Darryl Grant, Mel Kaufman, Otis Wonsley.

Glad to have Sam on board could eventually displace someone.

Michael Pratt got picked by Green Bay

Brenden Rice ended up with LAC justa fter our pick

Isaiah Williams from Illinois and Jalen Coker are the only other names I'm familiar with with WRs that went undrafted

43 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Unfortunately our offensive rankings weren’t all that great either.  

Not like our defenses historically bad numbers.

But they dealt with offense too with their first pick in the draft.