Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Forehead said:

In fairness, Newton was often projected inside the Top 20 so this is tremendous value, but I was as surprised as anyone.

Great pick and great value!  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I like the pick but yeah the reactions are understandable 🙂

Also interesting that we tried trading back up into the twenties, for a wr, according to Jeremiah. But they couldn't make the right deal.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

They may be getting ready to trade Allen. 

No.  They’re getting ready to cut Mathis.

Who isn’t good and is often injured.

Or they are giving themselves flexibility not to have to give Allen another contract.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

BPA I'm sure. They likely had a 1st round grade on the guy. Good franchises do this. Doesn't mean we’re getting rid of Allen or Payne this year, but does give us the ability to potentially trade them or move on at some point soon. 

Plus we still have another pick very shortly, with a lot of great talent still there. 

Wouldn't shock me if we leave the 2nd with three guys that our staff rated as 1st round talent. 

• Like 2

This is why I said in the OLine thread that I wasn’t happy with the free agency moves to address the line. The 1st pick was always going to be a QB and after that there’s no control over who falls. This team needs Offensive line first and foremost, and is loaded with needs elsewhere besides, but best player available has landed us a depth player on the DL instead. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

They may be getting ready to trade Allen. 

and/or who do we really have behind Allen and Payne? I get it's not a position of immediate need, but if he's BPA for them, it still makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Wow.  Seems like a major luxury pick for us but huge value.    

I expect Allen or Payne to be gone soon. Allen's got 2 years left on his deal, Payne's got what looks like 3. I could see Allen being traded, and this guy seemed to be slotted to go in that 25-28 zone, and he looks pretty damn impressive. I'd have gotten one of the DB's, but he's in the same tier as them, and they must have had him higher on the board, I don't mind it considering I want to trade Allen anyway (or Payne, either one). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Didn't see that coming. But if he was high on their board, means they probably had a mid 1st grade at this point, hard to fell bad about that.

Was Cooper Dejean ripping out of Tunsils bong this week?

Real bad heroin habit.

Probably drop a few rounds unless Dallas takes him.

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Never heard of the guy, but the highlights showed a guy who is quick off the jump. 

Watched a lot of Big 10 football.  This guy is disruptive but was surrounded by mostly garbage on Illinois.  Actually, rumor I saw was one of his downsides was he wasn't a supportive teammate, he would rip into his teammates on Illinois for ****ing up and not being as good as he was.

Just now, Berggy9598 said:

Give me Cooper Beebe at 40. I'm so tired of not being a team other teams hate playing against. 

I’d love Beebe.

But Dejean and Kool Aid are still there…

One will be gone when the Rams pick…