Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Honestly I’m confused. Draft has played out as we expected. We knew there would be a run on OTs and half the guys slated for the 1st round are still available 🤷‍♂️

Fans will fan, folks want the team complete and competing for a Super Bowl next year.  Not going to happen, we’re still going to suck because our roster is 2 years away at least. Need every pick we have to build out the roster,  no shortcuts…

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Why? There are literally 5 more I would take on par with Mims. 

Had a post get eaten by the 404 monster, but yeah I'm not toooo worried, with Fautanu, Morgan, Guyton, Barton, Amed and Suat still around, but I think Fautanu and Barton are projecting as interior and I'd prefer not to trade up for Amed and Suat and also think they don't have as much first year starter potential.

So I'm concerned Morgan and Guyton get grabbed and we're down a tier in terms of prospects.

But if we think Fautanu and Barton are potential future LTs then we're fine.

• Like 1

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Fautanu … some had him as OT3. Injury red flags maybe? But him Guyton Morgan are all guys who were mocked in R1. 

Thet would be my trade up target left if not Barton.

Otherwise Id sit at 36 and hope Morgan or Paul or Kingsley falls 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

There aren't any free agents worth taking now.  We are ****ed

The draft is for accumulating talent, not filling holes. We’ll be fine, there are a lot of talented players left 

• Like 3

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Had a post get eaten by the 404 monster, but yeah I'm not toooo worried, with Fautanu, Morgan, Guyton, Barton, Amed and Suat still around, but I think Fautanu and Barton are projecting as interior and I'd prefer not to trade up for Amed and Suat and also think they don't have as much first year starter potential.

So I'm concerned Morgan and Guyton get grabbed and we're down a tier in terms of prospects.

I would be scared if they saw Barton as a future LT

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, lovemaskins said:

Fans will fan, folks want the team complete and competing for a Super Bowl next year.  Not going to happen, we’re still going to suck because our roster is 2 years away at least. Need every pick we have to build out the roster,  no shortcuts…

Need 3 drafts. This year, next year and 2026. 2026 is the year to look at for us to be legit contenders.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Barton's arms are too short.  34" is the consensus cut-off, and he's not even 33".

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 1

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Barton IMO is a Scheriff level guard, hes that good.   As a LT, decent but doesnt have ideal length 

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Need 3 drafts. This year, next year and 2026. 2026 is the year to look at for us to be legit contenders.

After this draft so far,  I'm more worried JD will end up in the hospital.   We REALLY needed at least 1 of the top OT's

Edited by srtman04

1 minute ago, method man said:

You need to protect your skinny rookie starting QB

Can’t force it. That may hurt us more.

Besides, you’re not comfortable with Wylie?!

3 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Fautanu knee came back bad he will drop.

Depends how far he drops, but wouldn't be opposed of grabbing one of the other potential 1st rounders and grabbing him later if still available. Worth rolling the dice on that position if it's good value

Just now, srtman04 said:

After this draft so far,  I'm more worried JD will end up in the hospital.   We REALLY needed at least 1 of the top OT's

Just throw Mariota out there until you feel the o-line can protect your franchise QB :)

2 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

I want a complete enough team that things won't fall apart waiting for next year.

this fanbase is the one complaining all the time about the lack of "elite" players

our last fast skinny QB had ONE year and he was playing behind a good offensive line.  We has a **** one last year, and while we've upgraded some areas of it, we weren't able to do with with the most important position