Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, lavar1156 said:

We are so trading for another 1st round pick.

definitely.   2 seconds and a third could probably put you pretty high in the first

With the higher picks, it makes it easier to trade for better players. Rather than spending a ton of capital to move up to move into the mid first to take someone like Fashanu, why wouldn't you give up #40 or a couple of these thirds for a proven rock solid LT like Bolles?

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

44 minutes ago, illone said:

Good luck Sam!

I hear they have some good steak houses up there...

Fantastic ones. It's a great foodie town. Awesome seafood of cours. SAnd it's sunny and beautiful a lot more than outsiders think but the locals love the impression it sucks because there's bern enough people moving there for decades now. 😛😄

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

28 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

@Jumbo You must be fascinated observing this. Like Jane Goodall with the chimps.

It's easier to teach sign language to chimps than to get posters to stay on topic. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I like Sam. I think he had all the tools he needs to succeed. I'm glad he's going to a solid org with great facilities and a very good GM. It'll give him the best chance to make it. 

Good luck, Sam.

• Like 5

Just now, Jumbo said:

Fantastic ones. It's a great foodie town. Awesome seafood of cours. SAnd it's sunny and beautiful a lot more than outsiders think but the locals love the impression it sucks because there's bern enough people moving there for decades now. 😛😄

In all fairness I lived 30 minutes outside of Seattle in federal way and the stereotype of Seattle is True. Rains an awful lot (maybe not hard but light rain) and is very gloomy.

1 minute ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

In all fairness I lived 30 minutes outside of Seattle in federal way and the stereotype of Seattle is True. Rains an awful lot (maybe not hard but light rain) and is very gloomy.

Summers are great though!

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Because Ron built nothing. I expect a further purge next year.

That's what makes Mayhew's presence a little weird. I mean they're flushing his AND Ron's roster down the toilet. Do they really want to be working off his materials from scouting prospects the past two years etc? I wouldn't. Of course who knew who won tiebreakers between Ron and his coaches and the advice of Mayhew and the scouts. 

Looking through them, it's pretty ugly:

1sts: Chase Young, Jamin Davis, Jahan Dotson, E. Forbes: 0/4 Blech, not a single one has played even up to floor expectations. Dotson has hinted at potential.

2nds: S. Cosmi, P. Mathis, Q. Martin: 1 of 3 so far. Martin deserves more time.

3rds: Antonio Gibson, B. St. Juste, Dyami Brown, Brian Robinson, R. Stromberg: Tough to evaluate, I know you guys hate Gibson, but the ROI on him was decent, I'm not sure about St. Juste, good enough to play, Robinson had a great year in the disaster that was '23, and Stromberg was a red shirt injury year. This group has no flat out busts, but no mega hits either, although Robinson just had a legit pretty good season, it's largely unsustainable in terms of efficiency. I'd probably give it a 2/4 with Stromberg with an injury asterisk.

4ths: Gandy Golden, Bates, P. Butler, B. Daniels: No big hits here, basically 0/4

5ths: K. Ismael, K. Hudson, D. Forest, S. Howell, C. Turner, KJ Henry: Other than Howell, it looks like a giant bag full of misses: 1/6?

6ths: Cheeseman, Chris Rodriguez. Woof. Rodriguez is a Jag, Cheese is ---. 0/2

7ths: K. Curl, J. S-W, Bradley-King, Shaka Toney, Dax Milne, Chris Paul, Christian Holmes, Andre Jones. Lots of 7ths, and lots of ----, other than the first one used. 1/8

I don't know why I was thinking that we did okay on day 3, but were horrible on day 2 and day 1. The ugly truth is that other than round 3, we've basically been horrific every single round. Good God that is a terrible track record. Admittedly its hard to hit on picks, it really is, but if you miss on virtually all of your first and 2nd rounders (1 for 7), you don't leave yourself much room for maneuver and hope. And sure enough, after a nice successful respite (two usable rb's, a decent DB, a #4 WR, and an injured interior OL), from my memory, they basically went 2 for 20 on day 3 picks with Howell and Curl being the only hits. Yeesh.

Just god awful. 1 starter, and 1 reserve on day 3, day 2 was a mixed bag, and day 1 was a total disaster. That's how you can get a cake opportunity like Ron, and completely blow it. Blow every single big decision, and only muster a few scattershot hits with the other 28 picks, none of whom are stars. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

In all fairness I lived 30 minutes outside of Seattle in federal way and the stereotype of Seattle is True. Rains an awful lot (maybe not hard but light. rain) and is very gloomy.

Been in puget sound area for over thirty years and tend to be a very observant fella. And i don't share that take as a fully accurate summary. It rains a good share. And it's also very beautiful much of the time. It's not called the Emerald City for nothing. It's a beautiful region and regularly rated adone of the most desirable places to live. The number of major corporations continuing to move here add to texl traffic jams though that I hate when actually in the city, which is rare for me the last ten years of more.  But to each their own. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

On paper we traded 145.8 in draft value and received 230.8.

So amazing for us.

But that's with Howell being worth the 144th pick in the 2022 draft. If you value Howell at a 3rd round pick or higher then Seattle got the better value. 

2022 Howell 5th rd. 1st pick > 2024 Low 3rd rd. pick per trade chart numbers?  So how did Seattle get the better deal? Value at 3rd = trade comp 3rd?  Just going by what was posted as comp per chart by others. Anyway you look at it a low 3rd is greater than a 5th.

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

Been in puget sound area for over thirty years and tend to be a very observant fella. And i don't share that take as a fully accurate summary. It rains a good share. And it's also very beautiful much of the time. It's not called the Emerald City for nothing. It's a beautiful region and regularly rated adone of the most desirable places to live. The number of major corporations continuing to move here add to texl traffic jams though that I hate when actually in the city, which is rare for me the last ten years of more.  But to each their own. 🙂

The Puget Sound? Like that's a real place....k, I'm headed out now. Don't rush me! 🤣

HTTR!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

2022 Howell 5th rd. 1st pick > 2024 Low 3rd rd. pick per trade chart numbers?  So how did Seattle get the better deal? Value at 3rd = trade comp 3rd?  Just going by what was posted as comp per chart by others. Anyway you look at it a low 3rd is greater than a 5th.

Think you missed the if in there. 😉 

You can value Howell as worth a 3rd round pick - on paper - if you're thinking a 2022 5th rounder is worth a 2024 3rd rounder. (which in reality it isn't) Or if you have Howell's value above a 5th round pick based on his play/potential. (which is obviously what Seattle is projecting) 

Most people had Sam's value anywhere from a 4th - 6th round pick. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I spent a week up there and it rained cats and dogs the entire time. Straight up dreary weather, but the food was excellent and we went to a concert at Key Arena (I think?). Everyone I've ever interacted with from that area of the country are good people, and some of my best clients are up there. Never met one weirdo from that part of the country yet.  Ohio on the other hand... 👀😬😂

But yea, apparently my "steak" joke about Sam landed like a fart at a funeral.  I'll do better :D. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How many of you want me to go back through and look at what you said about Quinn during the coaching search? Mmm? 🤔 

image.gif.70a087de214c415e64748233fd37aa59.gif

I'm good lol, not a fan of retreads. Doesn't mean the guy isn't necessairly class. I reserve the right to be totally wrong, and considering he was hired by us, that's 1000% my desire, to be totally, completely, and humiliatingly wrong, in the same way redskins fans were, trashing Joe Gibbs at 0-5 in October of 1981. I hope it happens again :). I was six back then, so maybe I can just be wrong this time :).