Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Efe Obada like a role model for Commanders newest signee

image.png.821d81946f3bb90387ddf60bb662eda1.png

Haggai Chisom Ndubuisi met with the press Thursday, his first time since being signed by the Washington Commanders Wednesday.

Ndubuisi comes to the Commanders as a result of being part of the NFL’s International Player Pathway program.

For those wondering, no, the signing of Ndubuisi does not unfairly eliminate a roster spot for another potential future player for the Commanders. This is because, beginning this season, each of the 32 NFL clubs is eligible to fill a 91st roster spot entering training camp and a 17th roster spot on its practice squad reserved for an international player.

The 23-year-old from Nigeria is a defensive lineman who stands 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 298 pounds. He spent last season with the Denver Broncos’ practice squad.

“I see this as an opportunity to keep living the dream, keep getting better and trying to achieve what the goal is, trying to be the best player. I feel like as each day passes I get to know, learn. It’s a learning process for me.”

When asked what he is trying to achieve, Ndubuisi responded, “To be better than I was like previously. (I am) just trying to do the best, and just do my job. At the end of the day it’s all about doing my job.”

Ndubuisi volunteered that the coaches are very encouraging to him, he feels at home and welcomed.

Efe Obada was born in Nigeria and raised in the Netherlands and England. He was the first player to go straight from a European football league to the NFL and has had some success as a pass rusher for the Commanders.

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/07/efe-obada-like-a-role-model-for-commanders-newest-signee/

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Here apparently. Given he just signed an extension with the Pats.

his agent put it out to get the Pats to bump their offer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• CapsSkins changed the title to Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Igbinoghene, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas
49 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Gotta love the Walter Football mock draft, they still refer to Washington as the Redskins and it's no mistake or oversight. 

Kinda childish behavior imo, and usually evidence of an inflexible and stubborn mind. Which has at times been reflected in their poor NFL coverage. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 2

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Gotta love the Walter Football mock draft, they still refer to Washington as the Redskins and it's no mistake or oversight. 

I find myself doing the same on occassions

35 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I find myself doing the same on occassions

Subconsciously reverting to a name used nearly your entire life is a natural thing to have happen. Stubbornly ignoring reality in order to make an ineffectual, flaccid attempt at taking a “moral stand” is the sort of misplaced energy that is a hallmark of dummies and losers, in my experience. The sort of people who think that defiance itself is a virtue, with no mind towards what or why. YMMV. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 4
  • Thumb down 3

36 minutes ago, Conn said:

Subconsciously reverting to a name used nearly your entire life is a natural thing to have happen. Stubbornly ignoring reality in order to make an ineffectual, flaccid attempt at taking a “moral stand” is the sort of misplaced energy that is a hallmark of dummies and losers, in my experience. The sort of people who think that defiance itself is a virtue, with no mind towards what or why. YMMV. 

I disagree.  At soon to be 50 years old, I continue to call the team the Redskins not for a "moral stand" or because I'm a dumbass or a loser.

I reserve my right to continue to use the former moniker because I have rooted for this team since I began watching this team. Some things are ingrained in you and it's as apart of you as learning the English language.

Some folks can move on and use the Commanders name just as well as others can continue to use the Redskins name. Doesn't make them idiots. To each their own. It's a matter of what that person feels they prefer. And I choose to respect others preferences, even if I don't necessarily agree. 

Hell, I have Saints and Cowgirl fans down here that still refer to them as the Redskins (though I'll grant you the Cowgirl fans are "dummies"...lol). 

Respect most of your views, Conn, but you're off base on judging those that still use that name. It's for each to decide without being labeled.

And with that said,  I'm going to leave this subject for dead as I don't want to derail the thread nor turn this into the name change topic.

HTTR!

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

I disagree.  At soon to be 50 years old, I continue to call the team the Redskins not for a "moral stand" or because I'm a dumbass or a loser.

I reserve my right to continue to use the former moniker because I have rooted for this team since I began watching this team. Some things are ingrained in you and it's as apart of you as learning the English language.

Some folks can move on and use the Commanders name just as well as others can continue to use the Redskins name. Doesn't make them idiots. To each their own. It's a matter of what that person feels they prefer. And I choose to respect others preferences, even if I don't necessarily agree. 

Hell, I have Saints and Cowgirl fans down here that still refer to them as the Redskins (though I'll grant you the Cowgirl fans are "dummies"...lol). 

Respect most of your views, Conn, but you're off base on judging those that still use that name. It's for each to decide without being labeled.

And with that said,  I'm going to leave this subject for dead as I don't want to derail the thread nor turn this into the name change topic.

HTTR!

You do you, however I may feel about it. From the standpoint of my post, you are not a person whose personality I have experienced, so you wouldn’t fall under my conditional “in my experience” statement. I try not to make such judgements about people I don’t know, whether I agree with their surface level reasoning from a distance or not. Like you said, not a specific discussion for this forum. But as a general rule, no I don’t consider “I do this because I’ve always done it this way” as a valid reason for basically anything in life. But that again comes with a hefty dose of “YMMV”. 

But on the topic of walterfootball, which started my initial commentary, I will say that they as a website obviously DO display the sort of poorly considered attempt at a lame “moral stand” I referenced. We can know that because they are a media site making a conscious editorial choice, one which can really only be performative in nature, given their entire business model as a click-bait machine.

Edited by Conn
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Conn said:

As long as they continue to use Doofus Dans chosen name for the team I'll continue to only own Redskins gear to wear occasionally during football season.

I'm not really cheap but I'm never going to own any of that BS.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, DWinzit said:

I find myself doing the same on occasions

Wife: Are you on the Redskins site.

Me: Yeah I am on the Commanders site.

Wife: What happened to the Redskins site. You don't go to that one anymore?

Me: Honey it is the same team. They changed the name while back. 

Wife: <after a long pause> Okay. So can you just say Redskins next time instead because that is the only one I know you go to. 

Me: Thinking to myself. She ain't wrong. I am on ES and not on EC lol

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

The guy who runs it is basically a...well I don't wanna use political terms but I think you can get the picture

8 hours ago, zCommander said:

Me: Thinking to myself. She ain't wrong. I am on ES and not on EC lol

I straight up tell my wife im on Extreme Skins as suggestively as possible and watch her internal panic. The first time it was an accident but now its just for fun. 

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I called them the Redskins this weekend, and my friend who was visiting from out of town was thrown off by it. I wasn’t trying to make a statement or anything. When I think about it, I call them Washington (because I don’t like the name commanders) but I still slip and call them Redskins sometimes but only because when you’ve been saying something for 30 years it’s just a habit.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I straight up tell my wife im on Extreme Skins as suggestively as possible and watch her internal panic. The first time it was an accident but now its just for fun. 

I really wonder what IT thinks if they've ever run a history on me.  Haha.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Conn said:

Stubbornly ignoring reality in order to make an ineffectual, flaccid attempt at taking a “moral stand” is the sort of misplaced energy that is a hallmark of dummies and losers, in my experience. 

Hail to the Commies 

Hail KGB

Brave proletariat 

Fight the bourgeoisie!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Jacksonville is keeping its two-time Pro Bowl edge rusher in Duval County for the long haul.

The Jaguars have agreed to a five-year, $150 million deal with Josh Allen which will make the pass rusher one of the highest-paid players at his position, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday, per a source. Rapoport adds that the new contract includes $88 million guaranteed, per a source.

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Jacksonville is keeping its two-time Pro Bowl edge rusher in Duval County for the long haul.

The Jaguars have agreed to a five-year, $150 million deal with Josh Allen which will make the pass rusher one of the highest-paid players at his position, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday, per a source. Rapoport adds that the new contract includes $88 million guaranteed, per a source.

Do away with the cap space NFL or go bankrupt.  Salaries of ALL players will not be able to keep up with endorsements and whatever the NFL can make to pay their salaries.  Give up the salary cap.