Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

7 minutes ago, method man said:

Keim keeps saying Josh Reynolds. I hope they don’t go in that direction. If the goal is a tall skinny receiver, plenty of those in this draft

Exactly. Josh Reynolds is a jag, I’d be disappointed if he’s really being targeted.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, method man said:

His best game of the season was against the Patriots. He then got thrown out of the game early against Seattle, got hurt and then was up and down the rest of the way.

If the scheme is press man here, Forbes is just not a fit. I know that generally, in man, his numbers in college were good but that was a small sample size. 

I will add that he and Deonte Banks finished with basically the same PFF grade

Banks was also a bad prospect that was way overdrafted based on his stellar combine. The film did not show a 1st (or 2nd) rounder. Clear lack of effort and not caring about run defense. Late to react to WR's in off coverage. He was hit and miss in press, in part because his arms are really short for press.

Joey Porter went at the beginning of the 2nd, and is like the Megatron prototype for shutdown press corner on an island. Still can't believe 2 teams were dumb enough to draft corners with bad film ahead of him...we just happened to be one of those teams. Hooray.

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Percy Butler.  Yeah.  He reminds me a lot of John Bostic.  Aways seemingly running directly away from the play. 

Though, honestly, it’s tough to really tell because the secondary and defense was so fantastically poorly coached.  When Harris left, we had a HS coach as the secondary coach and Jack was Jack.  

So it is possible with professional coaches, they could do better.  

Its hard to see how they could be worse. The bar is on the floor, if we can step over it without tripping that will be progress.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Agreed. I’ll never forgive Rivera &co for drafting him over Gonzalez- how nice it would be to go into this year without that CB need. And boy, seeing Forbes on that chart that SIP posted on the last page…

all that said, I’m hoping that we just used him wrong and a better system/coaching will raise his play. I’m not counting on it, but hoping.

That was some of the worst coaching I've ever seen and it wasn't even the worst on our team. It's like Ron wanted to tank us, by tiering Howell and Forbes to a spit and putting them over the coals.

Forbes on AJ Brown instead of D'Vonte Smith? Are you an idiot? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Banks was also a bad prospect that was way overdrafted based on his stellar combine. The film did not show a 1st (or 2nd) rounder. Clear lack of effort and not caring about run defense. Late to react to WR's in off coverage. He was hit and miss in press, in part because his arms are really short for press.

Joey Porter went at the beginning of the 2nd, and is like the Megatron prototype for shutdown press corner on an island. Still can't believe 2 teams were dumb enough to draft corners with bad film ahead of him...we just happened to be one of those teams. Hooray.

Did Forbes really have bad film though? I haven’t heard anyone say that. Porter was also seen as a man corner with no ball skills. In retrospect, his skillset would’ve been perfect in DQ’s scheme 

At one point it didn't matter who Forbes covered, offense was looking for him to pick on him.

Did he get better, sure, but that's a low bar...if coaching staff doesn't see him as that level of liability, I'll listen.

How much he weighs when camp starts, I'm gonna have my opinions whether we keep him or not.

5 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

The way AJ Brown totally dominated Forbes with physicality was glaring. It was a man against a boy. 

Literally. But we made zero adjustment to provide help or try to avoid the matchup.

Our coaching was hysterically bad on defense. It wasn't all world on offense but defense was just a joke from a scheme and play calling perspective.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

That was some of the worst coaching I've ever seen and it wasn't even the worst on our team. It's like Ron wanted to tank us, by tiering Howell and Forbes to a spit and putting them over the coals.

Yes, they were huge idiots lol. Like they let that dude get destroyed and waited until it was the exact same matchup to put him back in and was like 'Round 2! go get 'em Champ!" 

Didnt change a ****ing thing and got the exact same results. Then benched him for it lol. Again. Like what the ****

• Like 4

First Take and Undisputed started their shows talking about the Derrick Henry signing yesterday. Bobby Wagner is just as elite ( probably more so at this point) at his position than Henry. Are they gonna talk about us to start their shows today? I highly doubt it. They hate us.

3 minutes ago, method man said:

Porter was also seen as a man corner with no ball skills. In retrospect, his skillset would’ve been perfect in DQ’s scheme 

Not by me. I had him ranked just above Spoon I believe. Loved Porter coming out. 

Edited by Chump Bailey

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Yes, they were huge idiots lol. Like they let that dude get destroyed and waited until it was the exact same matchup to put him back in and was like 'Round 2! go get 'em Champ!" 

Didnt change a ****ing thing and got the exact same results. Then benched him for it lol. Again. Like what the ****

The Eagles were the perfect team for us to match up against. Fuller is a physical corner, Forbes a speed guy. They intentionally switched the two of them, twice. It was as bad as the 4rth Q of the Bills game for what they did to Sam.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Its hard to see how they could be worse. The bar is on the floor, if we can step over it without tripping that will be progress.

I’d argue the coaching level bar was dug into a trench and buried 6 feet below the ground last year.  You can’t help but get over it.  

It’s shocking to me how bad Rivera’s entire coaching staff was, too to bottom. I don’t understand why he wouldn’t have tried to surround himself with better coaches top to bottom.  

It might not work with Quinn, but he went out and found high-level, respected coaches to come here and that’s very different. We really haven’t seen that since Shanahan.

• Like 3

Just now, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

First Take and Undisputed started their shows talking about the Derrick Henry signing yesterday. Bobby Wagner is just as elite ( probably more so at this point) at his position than Henry. Are they gonna talk about us to start their shows today? I highly doubt it. They hate us.

I dont want any media attention. Esp from turkeys like FT and UN. CBS has better talent at this point but I can show you 10 utube channels that are worth watching that are much better than espn. Legacy media is trash. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Literally. But we made zero adjustment to provide help or try to avoid the matchup.

Our coaching was hysterically bad on defense. It wasn't all world on offense but defense was just a joke from a scheme and play calling perspective.

Totally agree. And as KB stated, coaching set him up for failure with the AJ match up. He was critically wounded mentally for the rest of the season from that bully beat down. On the bright side there was many times when Forbes was ooohh so close to pass breakups and he was in position or at least in the area to make a play with his length. I could see some hope for him but would have preferred Gonzalez as I am sure we all agree.

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Yep, and it wasn't just that game either.  Forbes is a zone corner too.  So naturally we put him on island man coverage against top ten receivers in his first NFL games.  Also had to make sure the safeties are doubling Quez Watkins so he couldn't kill us.

Last year was ghastly.  There is untapped talent in the secondary, that I thought was going to show up last year.  So I get the lack of urgency in adding to the group in this FA period.  But I do think we need a leader for the group that is more experienced than Quan Martin.  And we could definitely use another outside corner, particularly if/when Fuller walks.

Quan's best position is corner IMO, so I don't know about penciling him in as our center fielder.  Butler is a weak option there, this feels like a natural spot for a FA signing to address.  But I don't know if we need a player as good (and likely expensive) as Justin Simmons to fill the spot.

11 minutes ago, method man said:

In retrospect, his skillset would’ve been perfect in DQ’s scheme 

This I'm not sure about.  In Seattle he liked big press man corners, but ball skills are the defining trait of those Cowboys DBs.

9 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

it’s funny how they mention all kinds of teams that have improved and we aren’t on the top. How in the world could you see those additions and NOT think we are the most improved team (at least on paper) in the league?

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, method man said:

Did Forbes really have bad film though? I haven’t heard anyone say that. Porter was also seen as a man corner with no ball skills. In retrospect, his skillset would’ve been perfect in DQ’s scheme 

Yes and no. The games I saw he was routinely giving up too much separation on Out routes or Cover 2 beaters but the QB's never threw it. My question back then was if he knew the QB's weren't going to throw it or if he was just getting lucky. Turns out it was luck, he was getting roasted in the NFL on similar stuff.

27 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Exactly. Josh Reynolds is a jag, I’d be disappointed if he’s really being targeted.

If he is, it’s not likely to be a big money deal. I have no problem with it because right now Dyami is #3. Signing Reynolds is another one similar to guys like Alegretti or Ferrell among others. It in no way precludes us from taking a receiver early in the draft. But it does bring in a productive receiver that means we don’t HAVE to get a receiver (or any other position) in the draft and provides flexibility. It also helps if a drafted receiver isn’t quite ready at the beginning of the season or God forbid we have an injury. 

It’s no different to Allegretti or Ferrell not prohibiting us from taking a pass rusher or interior lineman early. It never hurts to have quality players and depth. LT and CB are far bigger needs still in FA but I’d be more than happy to see us add or bring back some quality receivers. On that note, happy to see crowder back. I think he can still absolutely be a quality slot receiver for us. 

Edited by moondog
  • Like 1

Geez it’s gonna be a long few weeks to the draft once all this slows down given how active we’ve been. We are now used to instant satisfaction and seeing 4-5 signings a day and it’s inevitably gonna slow down. 

I want to thank everyone for all the updates and great chat this week. It's been a awesome week for Commander fans. I hope Josh Harris sees how important ES is for the fans and makes sure it's around for a very long time.

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Lovi said:

it’s funny how they mention all kinds of teams that have improved and we aren’t on the top. How in the world could you see those additions and NOT think we are the most improved team (at least on paper) in the league?

Henry is going to move the needle more in terms of star players to discuss on debate bros weak sauce programs like those. They aren't doing deep dive analysis over there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

based on this physical press corner

Yeesh. Forbes is worst in the entire league at press coverage and buy a good bit. Hard to chalk that up to just coaching. Understand nobody expected it to be a strength for him, but if that’s the best he can do, I’m not holding my breath that he turns into anything useful. Best case scenario, he’s a one dimensional player that you can’t press with. Nice ****ing pick Ron 😡

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1