Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

"The Natural said:
    Ekler, Luvu, Wagner. They have knocked free agency out of the park with impact players and culture shifters."

" Amazing considering we kept blaming Quinn for not wanting linebackers"

" Now we can more accurately speculate that Dan Q wanted wagner here but stephen was too cheap."

" Did we piss Wagner off For whatever reason, he does not want to play for us. Did we tell him we were gonna draft him, then do something stupid?

Edited by FrFan
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

Absolutely love AP is heavily using free agency so we dont have to hear fans clamoring for us to trade down at every chance because "we have so many holes to fill". Of course in doing so turning a blind eye to the elephant in the room, watering down talent of said picks and limiting the team to mediocrity for years. It's almost stunning seeing how a real GM operates but only because of our PTSD us long time fans suffer from.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I have no idea how the inner workings of an nfl office works so this is just a philosophical thought bouncing around in my head but with almost every one of these signings being someone the coaching staff was familiar with from past stops it makes me wonder what the hell pro scouts even do.

I doubt Quinn called down to our scouting department and Said "hey what do ya think of this Wagner guy,"?

Aren't all these coaches pretty much pro scouts by default?

Just something random I've always wondered about as to how valuable pro scouts really are and how much their input matters.

32 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I have no idea how the inner workings of an nfl office works so this is just a philosophical thought bouncing around in my head but with almost every one of these signings being someone the coaching staff was familiar with from past stops it makes me wonder what the hell pro scouts even do.

I doubt Quinn called down to our scouting department and Said "hey what do ya think of this Wagner guy,"?

Aren't all these coaches pretty much pro scouts by default?

Just something random I've always wondered about as to how valuable pro scouts really are and how much their input matters.

Pro scouts create a lexicon of virtually every player in the league and update it in regular intervals. When unexpected players are released, or in emergency situations the front office will use that lexicon to make decisions on who to bring in. 

In the main NFL free agency period that lexicon may be utilized, however there is a lot of thought and planning that goes in to this period and the coaches, scouts and front office all work together ahead of these periods. And this being year one it means the team likely leaned more into what the coaches and FO are familiar with. 

The work the scouts do also helps with game planning. They use the bios they created to help create scouting reports.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Est.1974 said:

I appreciate it isn’t exactly a desperate position of need, but Arik Armstead is a seriously appealing FA to me. 

If you did this Roseman style you'd sign Armstead and trade J. Allen for a 2nd round pick.  Where you basically exchange Armstead for Allen and get a 2nd rounder for doing it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

If you did this Roseman style you'd sign Armstead and trade J. Allen for a 2nd round pick.  Where you basically exchange Armstead for Allen and get a 2nd rounder for doing it.

Yep that would have been my follow up post. Agree, that’s really something that should be under consideration, assuming Armstead would sign here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yep that would have been my follow up post. Agree, that’s really something that should be under consideration, assuming Armstead would sign here.

I like Jonathan Allen.  But it stuns me how simple Howie Rosen approaches adding draft capital and so few others model it.  One technique which they are clearly trying to implement this off season again is hey I'll take a similar player in FA and load up more picks in the draft by trading the player am replacing the FA with.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

When a player Is released with the post-June 1 designation, are teams allowed to contact and sign them now or does that need to wait until after 6/1?

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Jonathan Allen.  But it stuns me how simple Howie Rosen approaches adding draft capital.  One technique which they are clearly trying to implement this off season again is hey I'll take a similar player in FA and load up more picks in the draft by trading the player am replacing the FA with.

Pure business approach and now Allen will not be the only leader in the locker room. they have brought a bunch of new leaders in changing the culture already

LB depth - do we think Orel Burks is a target. Strong teams player too.

CB - we seemed to be linked with Jourdan Lewis. Wonder if Fuller gets considered for a value contract return. The way we’ve stacked our DL/LB our corners should be less exposed.

Still surprised S/LB Jayron Kearse didn’t get a look. Feels like we’ve filled that void now. 

However, I would not discount anything at the minute.

OT and WR still up for debate IMO.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Jonathan Allen.  But it stuns me how simple Howie Rosen approaches adding draft capital and so few others model it.  One technique which they are clearly trying to implement this off season again is hey I'll take a similar player in FA and load up more picks in the draft by trading the player am replacing the FA with.

Agree. An aggressive FO try to make that change.

Also, as @DWinzit states, the leadership group has been taken to another level in the last 3 days. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

You people and steak are ridiculous. I like my well done, but I don't get that at a restaurant, I go med well. I think its funny that so many of you get up, get dressed, drive out to a restaurant and pay full price for a raw steak, uncooked steak. I've worked in a restaurant, seen every crazy food combo there is, but people get weird over steaks.

Rare is not raw.  If you like your steak well done....you don't like steak.  

What is Peters cooking up today?  The remake is happening before our eyes but each free agent signing is becoming a dopamine fix for fans.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 3

6 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

When a player Is released with the post-June 1 designation, are teams allowed to contact and sign them now or does that need to wait until after 6/1?

Can sign now. 

• Thanks 1

For years I wondered when are they going to get some linebackers that are decent.  And I think of Ron Rivera. The guy was here for 4 years, is a former LB himself, and he did nothing to address the position.  And Peters addresses it in what 48 hours?

Bobby Wagner will be 34 when the season starts but guess what? Even at the tail end of his career he is a 100% improvement to any player we have had at LB.  And he is a leader.  I am so excited for this season.  

• Like 4

Since the Cards signed Jonah Williams last night, is DJ Humphries worth a strong look? I know he might miss some time with that ACL tear, but what little I read seems to  point to him as a strong culture guy and perhaps not a wallet buster either. 

Edited by bowhunter

13 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I think we should have about $40-45m left in cap space. OTC says $67m but doesn’t have Fowler, Ferrell, Mariota or Wagner. 

They also don't factor in draft costs so slash another 15m off that.

We've got prolly 25-30M left to play with with CB and OT being the biggest remaining needs.

Just now, bowhunter said:

Since the Cards signed Jonah Williams last night, is DJ Humphries worth a strong look? I know he might miss some time with that ACL tear, but what little I read seems to  point to him as a strong culture guy. 

If we were to give him a long term deal that paid him very little year 1 and increased every year to get back to starting LT money, with the last couple years being voidable, I would be ok with it. But he is essentially not available this seaaon and I would rather have a younger stud we drafted in there anyways