Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Peter’s got me spoiled here… it’s 10:00 and I’m dying to see who’s next.

It’s great to see that most are looking at this realistically. Luvu and Badass are the only clear upgrades. Although I’m a fan of the cheap chinn and ekeler signings, they are wildcards. 

as far as the three cowboys DEs- I love that they wanted to come here to continue playing for Quinn, it says a lot. But, I would have much preferred hunter. Our problem for years has been neglecting blue chippers and this is the perfect example of taking jags instead. 

regardless- the FO finally addressed some of the glaring holes (ILB, OL) that this board has been clamoring for, so I’m content… but let’s keep ‘em coming!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Right now, I think CB and OT are going to be the picks with round 2.  Kool-Aid might make it to our pick at 36.  We almost have to take OT with one of our 2nd rounders.  We have nothing at the position.  I know you are a huge Peyton Wilson fan.  Would you take him with our early 3rd or take someone like Ellis instead?  Wilson's scary medicals might cause him to fall to our early 4th, but I think he eventually gets taken in between then.  His tape is too good for him to fall that far.  

Wilson is in the top 30 of most big boards.  I think he gets picked in the 30s, 40s for his floor.

McKinstry would be a big time BPA pick at 36 for me, but I think he'll end up going in the first and that Rakestraw and Tampa and Sainristil will be the best corners left when we pick in the second.  I'm not so sure about them.  Sainristil is a yes from me after a trade down, but a no at 36 or 40.  Tampa is a yes only if we go zone heavy.  Rakestraw is probably a no for me unless we trade down.

I wouldn't draft any of the corners except McKinstry over Graham Barton or Jordan Morgan at 36, and I think one of them is who we take at 36.  Or Darius Robinson if he's there.  Maybe Chop as well. Maybe Kingsley Suamataia.

I'd also pick Ladd over any of the second round corners.

That pick at 40 is the wild card to me.  My favorite way to use it is to trade down into the 50s.  I'm not picking Peyton Wilson in the second, despite how much I like him, which means he's going to be gone before I'd be comfortable drafting him.  So trading down into the 50s puts me in Sainristil range.  It puts me in Kris Jenkins or T'Vondre Sweat range. It puts me in range for Patrick Paul or Cooper Beebe or Christian Haynes.

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Because only 9 QBs survived through 17 starts last season and only 2 QBs have started every game over the last 2 seasons.

QBs take a beating - they get injured.

I agree on the injury thing too. I want to keep Howell and they added another Vet, good. So if the rookie is not ready and Howell had a bad 2nd half. does that not give you depth at QB to make a start if needed? We need 3 QBs we got lucky last year not the years before.  This was a response to the rookie has to start. Not if you have a couple Vets on the bench and you are not ready.  

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I actually wouldnt hate Williams as a swing tackle. But he wont do that. And I hope that's what Wiley eventually ends up being for us. I would cot count out resigning Leno once the results of his surgery come out either. They couldnt pay him 15 Mill plus with his age and that injury. But if he comes out healthy they may be able to resign him for less. 

From a swing tackle perspective, I'm not opposed to bringing Lucas back. I always felt that if he had to play, I wasnt particularly concerned about it. If he was in the game, he'd be adequate.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DCtoCali said:

Am I missing something?  Jonah Williams has allowed 28 sacks over the past 3 seasons, why would we even want him here?  Just curious.  

Yeah, I've fallen out of like with Williams after seeing analytics, his PFF grade has declined for three straight years and like you said, he gives up a ton of sacks. 

Josh Jones is my sole LT crush now.

• Like 1

Some random thoughts - 

I kind of assumed we’d try to carry ~20mil into the season, both for in-season moves and to have plenty of roll-over, but the short term deals allow us to spend further then I’d been thinking.  Point being, take our current ~55mil, subtract 10 for rookies and ~10 for an in-season cushion, and we have about 35mil remaining to spend on FA.

I think @Going Commando is right in that we should at least look to add an interesting rotation piece at DT.  Mathis and Ridgeway haven’t shown much, and they could use some competition.  Being able to rest Allen/Payne more often to get more out of them makes sense to me.  With that said, my understanding is that Armstrong can play inside and out to a degree.  Might be a spot we wait to see what the draft brings and then look back at FA if needed.

Kind of wonder if the staff focused on watching last year’s film, might they have a skewed perspective on Forrest?

Speaking of Forrest, he’s one of a handful of guys I’m hopeful will still have a path to earn a starting gig.  Quan, Stromberg, Henry, and to some extent St Juste and Forbes fall in this category for me as well.  I’d still make sure they have healthy competition though (as they’ve done at DE).  Of course at corner, I expect them to add at least one starter and probably another guy that can compete.  Maybe it pushes St Juste and/or Forbes down to corner #4 or 5, but they would still wind up seeing time.

I mentioned it before, but I wonder if we bring in another starting caliber backer like Jewell.  In base, Luvu at Will, Jewell at MLB and Davis as the SLB.  In nickel, Luvu or Jamin move up as a DE, and they can either rush or drop with a back 7 player rushing.  Regardless, I anticipate a lot of moving around for Luvu, Quan, and maybe Forrest/Chinn/Davis.

• Like 1

I thought it might be interesting to see the salary of the 2023 player vs. FA acquisitions (so far). I used numbers from Sporttrac for 2023 & Overthecap for 2024. Column 3 is the difference between 2024 vs 2023. I used Charles as the G comparison (probably could use someone else?) Center is interesting because Roulier was the expected starter last year & his dead cap hit was $4.050M. Not sure who's spot Ferrell will take on the roster.  

Fowler & Biadasz are NOT included in the Overthecap info at the bottom.

image.png.9ad37483ca54d1846ff99131ad60791b.png

image.png.db31a64027b3e3b6ac13d607f141acf8.png

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Some random thoughts - 

I kind of assumed we’d try to carry ~20mil into the season, both for in-season moves and to have plenty of roll-over, but the short term deals allow us to spend further then I’d been thinking.  Point being, take our current ~55mil, subtract 10 for rookies and ~10 for an in-season cushion, and we have about 35mil remaining to spend on FA.

I think @Going Commando is right in that we should at least look to add an interesting rotation piece at DT.  Mathis and Ridgeway haven’t shown much, and they could use some competition.  Being able to rest Allen/Payne more often to get more out of them makes sense to me.  With that said, my understanding is that Armstrong can play inside and out to a degree.  Might be a spot we wait to see what the draft brings and then look back at FA if needed.

Kind of wonder if the staff focused on watching last year’s film, might they have a skewed perspective on Forrest?

Speaking of Forrest, he’s one of a handful of guys I’m hopeful will still have a path to earn a starting gig.  Quan, Stromberg, Henry, and to some extent St Juste and Forbes fall in this category for me as well.  I’d still make sure they have healthy competition though (as they’ve done at DE).  Of course at corner, I expect them to add at least one starter and probably another guy that can compete.  Maybe it pushes St Juste and/or Forbes down to corner #4 or 5, but they would still wind up seeing time.

I mentioned it before, but I wonder if we bring in another starting caliber backer like Jewell.  In base, Luvu at Will, Jewell at MLB and Davis as the SLB.  In nickel, Luvu or Jamin move up as a DE, and they can either rush or drop with a back 7 player rushing.  Regardless, I anticipate a lot of moving around for Luvu, Quan, and maybe Forrest/Chinn/Davis.

The 5 games he did play last year he started in them so more than likely we'll see him start this upcoming season if he got that shoulder healed up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I see the bulk of our own free agents remain unsigned. Wonder if we circle back around 2 or 3 of those today.

I think the fact that they let them walk says everything

34 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I think we'll have a good draft, but you can't really count on that for near term improvement.  And I have a suspicion that we're going to be offense heavy with our six picks in the top 102.  My guess is that four of them end up being a QB, WR, and two OLs.

But I do think there is still a good chance that CB and IDL could be BPAs for us in round two and edge could be BPA in round three, and that if we draft those positions in that range they could play as rookies.

I'm hoping Peters repeats some of the San Francisco magic at finding middle round linebackers too.  Someone like Trotter could be nice in round four or five.

If we land a FA OT, corner and WR, we don’t have to force anything in the draft, which would be pretty amazing.  OT will still be a weaker link of course, as well as TE.  

I think we wind up taking a TE fairly high - Sanders/Sinnot/Stover either after a trade back in the 2nd or with our early 3rd.  I envision 1 OL, WR, TE and a defensive player (likely corner, edge or ILB) in rds 2/3.  And if we do trade back in the 2nd, maybe we land a mid-late 3rd and wind up with as many as 5 guys on day 2.  That’d be crazy.

8 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I thought it might be interesting to see the salary of the 2023 player vs. FA acquisitions (so far). I used numbers from Sporttrac for 2023 & Overthecap for 2024. Column 3 is the difference between 2024 vs 2023. I used Charles as the G comparison (probably could use someone else?) Center is interesting because Roulier was the expected starter last year & his dead cap hit was $4.050M. Not sure who's spot Ferrell will take on the roster.  

Fowler & Biadasz are NOT included in the Overthecap info at the bottom.

image.png.9ad37483ca54d1846ff99131ad60791b.png

image.png.db31a64027b3e3b6ac13d607f141acf8.png

That $71 mil lines up with this tweet

• Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Kind of like the masked singer, just before kickoff of the first game the QB runs to mid field, takes off his extra large helmet to reveal the new starting QB.

Dude, fans would riot.  Imagine 100K fans in Minnesota finding out gameday Kirk went to Atlanta and the new starting QB is Sam Darnold, with fireworks going off.  I'd pay to see that debacle...

200.webp?cid=790b7611jc5kfdzprsx3ullcnj7

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Peter’s got me spoiled here… it’s 10:00 and I’m dying to see who’s next.

It’s great to see that most are looking at this realistically. Luvu and Badass are the only clear upgrades. Although I’m a fan of the cheap chinn and ekeler signings, they are wildcards. 

as far as the three cowboys DEs- I love that they wanted to come here to continue playing for Quinn, it says a lot. But, I would have much preferred hunter. Our problem for years has been neglecting blue chippers and this is the perfect example of taking jags instead. 

regardless- the FO finally addressed some of the glaring holes (ILB, OL) that this board has been clamoring for, so I’m content… but let’s keep ‘em coming!

Best post since the tampering period started 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1