Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 Roster Thread: all cuts, signings, and trades to be discussed here!

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Does a playoff run count?

If the FO and coaches feel he’s a game changer, then go ahead and add a 26 year old WR. Not the biggest deal, but slight hesitation if it meant it would potentially isolate Jayden from connecting with teammates due to having a beat friend on the roster (not at all a big deal, but a thought). 

The problem is with a playoff run is that it's just that.  .That's what this team did under previous ownership and then they went for broke with spending sprees in 2006 and 2016 which yielded nothing.  They need to be a perennial contender with JD leading the way first and then they should make splash moves like this.  Additionally, Aiyuk wants to get paid first.  This team has core players, but who knows if Aiyuk will be part of that core group of players.  That's a question for Peters and Co.

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Don't think you see it happening.  JMO.  AP loves his draft picks and builds through it.  It could but I think it highly unlikely.  If AP does, then cool. 

AP was once part of a team that traded three first rounders for Trey Lance

17 minutes ago, MrJL said:

AP was once part of a team that traded three first rounders for Trey Lance

Sure was and I think he learned from being burned in that situation.  Not that JD5's WR isn't worth it but we have a plethora of WRs on our team.  Not a need and again, AP loves his draft picks and I think he learned a lesson in the giving up a ton of draft picks let alone a high pick.  Our team has many needs and WR isn't one of them, IMO.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Didn't realize David Bakhtiari is still unsigned. I guess their committed to Coleman though at this point.

I think Bakhtiari is still on simmer as a possibility for us. Really just waiting to see if he hits all his rehab goals and his timeline fits with our need. At this point, we will see player cuts in pre-season before we have word on David's possible start date. From what was said a few weeks ago, that date could be as early as mid October.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Sure was and I think he learned from being burned in that situation.  Not that JD5's WR isn't worth it but we have a plethora of WRs on our team.  Not a need and again, AP loves his draft picks and I think he learned a lesson in the giving up a ton of draft picks let alone a high pick.  Our team has many needs and WR isn't one of them, IMO.  

A plethora of WRs perhaps...but as to the quality.....

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Does this make our OL better, especially at OT?

No, but it does make the WR corps better....🤷‍♂️

I'm not advocating for that move but I wouldn't be upset if that's what the FO wanted to do.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Does this make our OL better, especially at OT?

It doesn’t but there’s no value out there right now to improve there. Depending on compensation, adding Aiyuk would instantly add value and upgrade this offense.

• Thanks 1

If Jayden succeeds, the team succeeds. Get him his guy and extend him through to the end of Jayden’s rookie contract. We have plenty of cap space and draft capital, so we have the assets. He would make the receiving core good and deep enough to really be formidable. I think some are greatly underestimating the teams talent level on offense, I think the offense will be good, but if we were to add Ayuk and the o line holds up, we might have the best offense in the division.

In my view, if you have a chance to add proven, young, extremely talented players, you do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Probably been said, but a trade for Aiyuk would mean this team is on the cusp of a SB run and Aiyuk would be the final piece to the puzzle.  Right now, this team needs to continue to build and when the time comes in the next few years, a move like this makes more sense

What you talkin' bout Willis!!??

They asked us to be patient when AP and DQ came on board.

And we was.

We waited through the draft, rookie mini-camp, and the ota's and now that we've been good and patient it's time to see some results!

The off season has verified to my overall satisfaction that we have one of the top 2 or 3 qbs if not the very best qb in the entire league-- have you forgotten that amazing pass to Luke McCaffrey in rookie mini-camp!!??

From here on out it's all about securing as many world championship titles as we can going forward.

Hence we grab Brandon Aiyuk.

Case closed! 

Glug.. glug..glug...

--hick!--

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Didn't realize David Bakhtiari is still unsigned. I guess they're committed to Coleman though at this point.

I thought the consensus was Bakhtiari wouldn’t pass the physical even if he wanted to play.. His knees are shot

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Didn't realize David Bakhtiari is still unsigned. I guess they're committed to Coleman though at this point.

I would be absolutely ecstatic if we signed David....ifffff he could somehow stay healthy and even give us 10 - 12 games outta 17.

• Like 1

We are fine at receiver for 2024.    Brandon may decide that he won't play this year unless he gets a new contract and the contract he wants is what top receivers are now gettting; which is 30-35 million a year.

That's alot of money for receiver. Rather spend that money on the offensive line.

We run with the receiver room we have for 2024. Terry still has enough in his tank. Hopefully, Jahan bounces back. Luke should be good.   If those things don't happen, then in 2025 we can get Brandon, we'd probably move on from Terry.  You don't want 2 highly paid receivers.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sinews said:

Re: Aiyuk–if it does happen then probably not until next offseason but I can't think of anyone better to finesse a LTD than Brandon Sosna.

It's one of the main reasons why they brought him aboard, I should think. 

Marathe, the Niners lead contract negotiator, is one of the best in the game and a rich man’s Sosna

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

We are fine at receiver for 2024.    Brandon may decide that he won't play this year unless he gets a new contract and the contract he wants is what top receivers are now gettting; which is 30-35 million a year.

That's alot of money for receiver. Rather spend that money on the offensive line.

We run with the receiver room we have for 2024. Terry still has enough in his tank. Hopefully, Jahan bounces back. Luke should be good.   If those things don't happen, then in 2025 we can get Brandon, we'd probably move on from Terry.  You don't want 2 highly paid receivers.

WR money is also getting nuts. And there are a bunch of good WR’s in every draft now. I can’t help but wonder, unless we are talking about a true, elite, game changing, franchise receiver, whether it might be better just to lean on the draft and not pay a bunch of these guys 25-30 million. 

• Like 4

After thinking about it, I feel we should wait till next year to sign Aiyuk in FA and not give up assets now.

We also want to make sure Jayden is good enough before we bring in high-$ guys in substantial part due to their chemistry. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

It takes unique circumstances for me to want to give up both draft assets and a huge contract for a player that his current team doesn't even want to give that contract to without giving up draft capital.

It's not a given but for every tyreek hill there's a dozen Jamal adams stories where it doesn't work out well for the receiving team.

It's a red flag for me is all.

• Like 1

Trading for Aiyuk would certainly deviate from the path in place since Peters has taken over. They seem set on conservative contracts with low year terms while they work on changing the culture of the franchise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

That’s probably not relevant. 

It kinda is. It means you don't really make that kind of push until you're sure you got your elite QB on a rookie deal. Otherwise, if it turns out the kid can't play, you're really hamstringing yourself.

Also, these elite studs typically don't want to play with a QB that isn't at least kinda proven. Although with Aiyuk and Daniels's history, that might not matter in this particular case.