Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened to that ES poster?

TheGreatBuzz

I think I'm quite eligible for a ton of criticism if you look at it from the perspective (and "personality") of most complainants. 🙂

But if someone reviewing each matter was really well informed on the details of each interaction being complained about, and also noted the accompanying emotive/ego posturing of most of the "victimized", the take would likely be more in my favor. 👹

Make no mistake: I review myself as being wrong about my share of stuff in every aspect of life, too often very wrong, and having all kinds of flaws by my own standards. 😀

But no so much about my methods, choices, and role on ES. 🙂

However, while this chain of posts started out being appropriately attached to buzze's topic, I want to move on from all this focus on me. The thread isn't about me (at least not totally😛). So I'm going back to focusing on posters whose absence we wonder about.

Y'all feel free though to post on this tangent too if ya have something that still connects to the topic unless @TheGreatBuzz as the OP says something different.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

59 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I wonder what Kilmer is up to these days.. 🤔

Running an election-denier chat room and enjoying his transition to being a Giants fan.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Didn’t the King of Fed-Ex or some **** like that run around here for a while with a ton of little man syndrome?

when do you let Cooley back into the fold?  Talk about an inflated sense of self importance and so easy to get spun up. Good times

Hope Mass Skins Fan found some peace, seriously 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Also, I miss zoony...we were phone buddies for years but yeah, he got pretty out there and then left...djtj was one of the nicest and smartest poster, but just moved on...msf was pretty real and a fascinating study...

I could tell ya a fun, personal, "colorful" Blondie story but I'll have to leave it mainly a tease cuz of my personal code😁

Didn't Zoony ban Chomerics, shortly after becoming a moderator?

12 hours ago, Jumbo said:

A long time member sent me this link after reading this thread. It is attached to some of the matters we're covering here so I'll share it.

https://www.bgobsession.com/threads/es-message-board-down.179798/

(Spoiler/synopsis: Jumbo bad.) 

Seems like a charming group. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

The Mayor of FedEx Field? 🤔

I went to elementary and middle school with this person.  So it was sort of jarring to see him acting like a total hard ass when I'd personally seen him get beat up on the school bus by a developmentally challenged kid that we, as 12 year olds, called "One-Eyed Doug."

• Haha 8

16 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I went to elementary and middle school with this person.  So it was sort of jarring to see him acting like a total hard ass when I'd personally seen him get beat up on the school bus by a developmentally challenged kid that we, as 12 year olds, called "One-Eyed Doug."

Dude exemplified practically everything I hated about the FedEx Field lot scene. 🗑🚮

Pretty sure he posted this article on ES long ago..

https://www.tailgatingideas.com/interview-mayor-of-fedex-field/

1 hour ago, DeanCollins said:

Didn't Zoony ban Chomerics, shortly after becoming a moderator?

If so, it's one of these few things of that nature that I just don't remember. But it's certainly possible. I do know chom pushed the envelope a lot. Despite all this brouhaha about bans, all mods here have often given many posters a lot of slack at times. 

But zoony did go over the line himself in posting towards the end and even in a couple mod actions. And he was called out on it by TK and me.

Some time down the road from that he got all bent over how he thought posters were getting away with too much and wanted more mod driven "course correction" and more and more he became disgruntled with stuff and just decided to be done with it all and message boards in general. That's my memory/take and TK and I talked about off and on for a long time and still bring him up every few years.

Despite everything I personally liked him as an es'er 90% of the time and he was a great poster when not tossing hand grenade (my nickname for him,) into threads and a good pal for years and I miss him. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

On 1/7/2024 at 9:19 AM, dfitzo53 said:

I know techboy's real name so I searched for him a while back, and sadly it turns out he passed away unexpectedly.

He was a great source of wisdom here on ES, a generous friend, a bold world traveler, and a caring husband.  He will be sorely missed.

This is sad. Techboy and I used to go back and forth at each other...with mutual respect (for the most part) I used to call him bible thumper...and my old sig was because of him.

• Like 1

This is me personally. I post here in the Tailgate much more than in the Stadium for one reason: the misogyny language in the Stadium is pretty nauseous and I can only take so much. The folks here in the Tailgate are better and if I'm really offended I can PM the person and speak my concerns. I rarely report to the mods. Or I can put people on ignore. Which I do for political purposes too. 

So I appreciate the people here, so thanks for sanity.

I did go to the other site and the misogyny was so bad that I just left.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The level at which techboy conducted himself was without peer. He was an outstanding model of ideal behavior in a venue like this.

We obviously differed on many aspects of religion---Christianity in particular--- but he brought a respectable level of actual scholarship to the table and an inherent decency that was even more substantial than his excellent intellect. I respected him and always enjoyed his presence. In all his time here I only saw him get a little testy two or three times and then it was very mild and he'd quickly self-correct. He struck me as a wonderful human being and a very valued member. I miss him, too. 

• Like 11
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What, like you call him something else now?

Sadly, I have fallen out of contact with One-Eyed Doug. 

I say sadly, because it would be great to see him and say, “hey, remember that time you beat the **** out of that one punk on the school bus, that was awesome.”

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Running an election-denier chat room and enjoying his transition to being a Giants fan.

I'm guessing he switched to Tampa Bay, since he lives in Bradenton, Florida.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

when do you let Cooley back into the fold?  Talk about an inflated sense of self importance and so easy to get spun up. Good times

He was a bad mix of dumb and lacking in self-awareness.  I hoped it would get better with age, but it never did.  I mostly avoided interacting when I could do so without being mean.  I didn't think there was much discourse to be had.

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

He was a bad mix of dumb and lacking in self-awareness.  I hoped it would get better with age, but it never did.  I mostly avoided interacting when I could do so without being mean.  I didn't think there was much discourse to be had.

To be honest, I thought he was on the spectrum.