Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The 49ers ~ The One Where One Is Golden

zCommander

Just now, Tonysoprano1 said:

This coaching staff has done everything possible to ruin Sam. no support nothing I think  He's finished Here

I've been thinking that for a few weeks but guess there's some possibility we'd keep him as backup. Draft a top guy, keep Sam and sign some vet. Right now I think it remains an open question.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

I doubt he’s leaving next year, he’s done enough to be a back up caliber qb. I can’t see a team trading for him to start . 

Don't underestimate the thirst of the Darkside from teams desperate to say they have someone young with upside.

He might have more value if folks stopped wishing he'd f up for higher draft picks, could still flip him for a pick.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

The guy has been the consensus number one pick in this draft for almost THREE YEARS at this point. I get it some people arent high on Williams. But 90% of the people who know football in the NFL are. And have been for years. 

Situation and player mentality are a lot more closely correlated to success in the NFL than what the consensus says. I really worry about Caleb here, specifically.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Kinda hard to compare Allen's trajectory to sams. Allen was a first rounder with unbelievable traits, and really was when it would click, not if

Yeah, that’s not how I remember it. His completion percentage was always pretty low… and he played for a FBS program.

He was a pretty big boom or bust pick.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Them patting Forbes on the head encourages me.

The ball was in the air forever.  It should have been an easy pick.

Also I'm always surprised how much other teams celebrate when making plays against us.  Did they really accomplish something difficult?

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Thumb up 1