Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Rams - The One Where One Gets Rammed

zCommander

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I can see this team beating the Jets. So, ya. That won’t help matters at all if we drop to 7 as far as QB goes. Probably fix the OL, though. Which would make me happy.

We’re going to beat the Jets and the Cowboys are going to have nothing to play for and Ron likes moral victories.  We’re winning that one.  

We’re going to blow our best chance to get top tier talent because Ron’s a dumbass.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

No biggie. They were ultimately right, regardless, it looks like. I don’t agree that they were always right, of course. But it looks that way now. 

They are right currently. Maybe not ultimately. But the safe bet with this team is always pessimism. I don’t give them credit for that. Besides, a lot of the point of Sam was betting on potential anyway and that hasn’t really gone anywhere. 

Just now, mistertim said:

I agree with you that Sam looked completely cooked at this point, but I'm also not convinced that Brissett is going to do much more in the long run. Coming in cold near the end of a game vs a team that hasn't game planned for you is a completely different beast than a regular start.

Again, not necessarily trying to take away the fact that Brissett had some nice throws, just saying that this sort of performance in this situation isn't indicative of how things will play out.

100% true. Brissett is not the answer long term. Coming in cold can have that affect on a team. We saw in preseason he looked really good early then stunk in next few games. We just can’t afford to win at this point. 

I say we gotta pick one of the top 3 qbs if we have a chance without having to trade up. If we do have to trade up then we can't do it if we have to give up ours this year plus another first, but if it's a second and third or something like that then you gotta get your qb. The top 3 , williams and daniels and maye already have at least 1 elite skill set, caleb improvising and jaydens speed. And maye has the elite prototype size, plus a powerful arm and can run. I personally like daniels the best, just for the fact that we've all seen what elite speed at qb can do.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No biggie. They were ultimately right, regardless, it looks like. I don’t agree that they were always right, of course. But it looks that way now. 

It was 2 drives for a vet there was no gameplan for, against a team who thought they already won the game.

I’m not hating on Brissett.  Good for him and Terry, he deserves to have a little fun for once.  

But I am not losing sleep that somehow we are going to win games with Brissett.  This team and offense still sucks.

• Like 2

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

We’re going to beat the Jets and the Cowboys are going to have nothing to play for and Ron likes moral victories.  We’re winning that one.  

We’re going to blow our best chance to get top tier talent because Ron’s a dumbass.

One of the biggest reasons why he should be fired. Let Kerrigan finish it out and tell him to play all the kids. Ron playing to win is just plain dumb on ownership's part.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I dont want them to do this but I could see them trying to trade up for Williams. He from Washington DC. Would move tickets.

The amount of collateral would be too much and I doubt any team trades out of that pick. If we naturally get it, then so be it.

Edited by dyst

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It was 2 drives for a vet there was no gameplan for, against a team who thought they already won the game.

I’m not hating on Brissett.  Good for him and Terry, he deserves to have a little fun for once.  

But I am not losing sleep that somehow we are going to win games with Brissett.  This team and offense still sucks.

I’m not sure where people are getting the idea that I think Brissett is much better. I don’t. It’s just that Howell LOOKS cooked. Has zero to do with Brissett. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'm with @KDawg Sam is obviously cooked at this point.

I dont think starting a journeyman makes any sense, let Sam learn, it might be his last couple of games as a starter.  This sounds terrible but starting him is our best bet to get that 3rd or 4th spot in the draft.