Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins ~ The One Where One Is Drowning

zCommander

Just now, Welsh Redskin said:

I was convinced Ron would be gone on Black Monday but after this, and with the bye week, I think he'll be gone by this time tomorrow. If you own this team you can't look at this and think about doing the right thing by Ron at this point. It has to be the right thing for the team and the fans. 

It accomplishes nothing. Ron is already gone at the end of the season. 

Just take the embarrassment. Take the losses, and move on 

• Like 1

Again, for full transparency, that Howell play is why I think you can afford to give him the reigns for another year.

Fix the OL and truly evaluate him. If he’s awful (I don’t think he will be) then we’ll be bad and we’ll pick early and a QB should, in theory, be in play with a better OL.

If he’s good then we’re good.

I don’t expect much. I really look at this team as an expansion team and I don’t believe in Williams or Maye here…

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Kind of hard to evaluate them right now.

The TEs I think we can make fair assumptions about. Logan Thomas is closer to retirement than to the start of his career. John Bates is a bowling ball. Cole Turner is a third string TE that shouldn't be relied on to just suddenly turn into The Man. We need a TE. WRs I'm doubtful of, but there are bigger fish to fry.

Focusing on just Howell per the draft, I'm in much the same space as KDawg and numerous other posters: give Sam one more year under new staff and new players on offense. Ideally, back him up with a decent vet.

Draft ol as major priority and continue focus on offense---te and wr are my next wants.

BUT

If somehow we have a workable rational deal to trade existing players and future picks for a QB who's a truly broad-consensus top tier starter at #1 or 2 (no obvious potential liabilities like being "slight of build" or being a "great game manager and cool headed" but not a big arm, etc)  I'm still open minded to it, but it will be a hard sell. Going for a better QB this draft is a very narrow path to walk for me.

A QB "just" being ranked at #1 is obviously no guarantee.

And I still want some emphasis on our secondary and at lb.

So it's a hard road ahead, but that's the job.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1