Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins ~ The One Where One Is Drowning

zCommander

15 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Any pressure? There's nothing but pressure.

1. Not all the pressure is immediate.  Granted I’m not seeing the routes, but I find it hard to imagine that there are no windows to fit anything into anywhere.  He’s gun shy and taking his eyes off router too early. 

2. Did you see that 3rd down conversion by Tua when he stepped to the right, keeping his head looking downfield, as Allen was going after him?  Or the one with Barton?  Howell would have put his head down and started running, not getting his head up until he knows he’s in the clear.  More often than not runs right into a defender. 

I’m sorry but I want nothing more than for Howell to succeed.  Nice kid with some arm talent but if we end up with an opportunity to draft one of the top QBs we’d be crazy not to take that opportunity.  

Just now, RandyHolt said:

Consensus was we had no use for a QB.  I consensus taker once tried to test me...

I think it was more Herbert wasn’t viewed as a high end guy and Tua had a major injury. If Cincy went Young or anyone else at 1 I guarantee we’d have taken Burrow. Well, no I don’t. But I think we should have in that scenario.

• Like 2

Seriously, can we just forfeit? It’s so painful to watch this disparity, between the two teams. 

It’s varsity vs jv. 

I cannot believe the Commanders, with professional players, drafted from elite college programs, could be so outmatched.

How did this happen? 

I was convinced Ron would be gone on Black Monday but after this, and with the bye week, I think he'll be gone by this time tomorrow. If you own this team you can't look at this and think about doing the right thing by Ron at this point. It has to be the right thing for the team and the fans. 

• Like 2

Just now, Capsman said:

1. Not all the pressure is immediate.  Granted I’m not seeing the routes, but I find it hard to imagine that there are no windows to fit anything into anywhere.  He’s gun shy and taking his eyes off router too early. 

2. Did you see that 3rd down conversion by Tua when he stepped to the right, keeping his head looking downfield, as Allen was going after him?  Or the one with Barton?  Howell would have put his head down and started running, not getting his head up until he knows he’s in the clear.  More often than not runs right into a defender. 

I’m sorry but I want nothing more than for Howell to succeed.  Nice kid with some arm talent but if we end up with an opportunity to draft one of the top QBs we’d be crazy not to take that opportunity.  

Howell has tucked and run , thrown while running. You have to at least try to run the play...unfortunately it breaks down before he can.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Ron is going to be relieved of his duties following this game. How do you continue with this ****? This has to be over. Major Tuddy would be better at this point.

Harris should send Major Tuddy to fire Ron, record it and then post it all over social media. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2