Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 10 - The Commanders @ The Seahawks

zCommander

1 hour ago, El Mexican said:

If you have Mahomes that makes sense.

But Howell needs some kind of running game to balance his 40+ passes per game.

Last week versus NE was one of our better running games of the season and it showed.

No one particular runner reached 100 yards but the change of pace helped Howell a lot.

I actually expect us to run a little more this week because Seattles run defense is B-A-D.  So I think you might see more of an emphasis on the run just because of the matchup.  

But it’s always going to be a pass first offense with any Reid disciple. 

One thing though: for quite a few weeks now we’ve seen Howell doesn’t actually need the running game to be really successful.  Being unpredictable is what’s important.  

image.png.83e6a2e061189b660bb24d36ee7b7ea6.png

Is this respect? Or is the NFC this bad?

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I actually expect us to run a little more this week because Seattles run defense is B-A-D.  So I think you might see more of an emphasis on the run just because of the matchup.  

But it’s always going to be a pass first offense with any Reid disciple. 

One thing though: for quite a few weeks now we’ve seen Howell doesn’t actually need the running game to be really successful.  Being unpredictable is what’s important.  

It's gonna depend on if your boy can get rhythmic with the play calls and build some momentum or if he just starts calling deep shots instead of first downs when we get behind. 

That's it. That's the game. 

They're gonna score. We're not gonna take advantage of a bad run defense We can score too, but not if we just start killing drives with deep balls when we need to move the chains.

And if and when we go down early, is EB gonna panic?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

My NFC power rankings: Philadelphia, Detroit, Dallas, San Francisco, Seattle, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Washington, Minnesota, Atlanta

Philly is the easy #1. Detroit and Dallas are a toss-up for me. San Francisco and Seattle have some things to prove to be slotted with Detroit and Dallas. New Orleans may be the beneficiary of a week schedule. Tampa and Washington are a toss-up. Minnesota and Atlana have the weakest QBs at this point. Rams could sneak back into the conversation once Stafford comes back.

32 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

What I don't get is some people acting like Seattle has this high powered offense that it will take everything in Washington's arsenal to keep up with. 

When you have a defense like this team’s defense, ANY OFFENSE is high powered, if the opposing QB is competent.  We’re EXTREMELY lucky that we faced Mac Jones last week, and not a competent (or God forbid a great QB).  Any other QB not named Mac Jones (or Desmond Ridder) would’ve easily handled our defense last week and won.  Seattle has some great WR’s and a pretty good RB in KW III.  If Geno is comfortable in the pocket on Sunday, he’s going to torch us with ease.  We need to probably score 30+ if that’s the case.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We can be unpredictable alright...unpredictably incosistent.

5 hours ago, petey hodge said:

I live in Seattle.  Crap weather today, Saturday.  More of this tomorrow too.

Loving how the Seattle folks are welcoming us Commanders w the Big W logo!

😂

IMG_8034.jpeg

I'm in Bellevue for a conference. Looked into tix, decent seats for $90. But I gotta be back at work Monday. Was very tempted though.

• Like 1

Its a little awkward to hear or think for old skins fan that we need to run moar, while ignoring the core staple play of the west coast - the short pass which has such a high success rate is considered an equal play to a "run".  Meanwhile our runs are good for 1.1 (until we break one) and come with a 10% chance of a holding call. 1st and 10 run into the back of guard + holding is one of the worst plays in football.

Looking at run pass ratios deciding if we need to run more WCO short passes may need to be considered runs. We cant run for **** and I for one think its wise to lean on the best players on offense more. Yep they play WR and QB. 

Ill go ahead and say it. Our quick short passing game is MUCH better than our run game. Ill take 80/20 pass ratio with 30% high percentage quick passes. Pass to our backs instead of predictable runs. When defenses move up, thats when we pump deep. 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

I'm in Bellevue for a conference. Looked into tix, decent seats for $90. But I gotta be back at work Monday. Was very tempted though.

Welcome to town!  Hope you're staying on the Eastside and not downtown Seattle as it's sketchy with all crime and open drug use.

I've been to at least three Redskins vs Seahawks games here, dating back to the Kingdome.

I strongly recommend against going for a $90 ticket as you'll be up in the 300 levels... and there is where the rowdy, nasty fans thrive.  They think they're in the Vet (stadium) or something, and harass the hell out of opposing fans.  The cops have to dress as 49ers fans to entrap bad actors.  Not sure why the Seachickens fans think they're so great... last I checked we have two more Superbowl trophies than them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m betting the Seahawks come out fired up and we come out flat. They have everything to play for given they are only one game out of first place in the NFC West.  We have nothing to play for but pride and a chance to ruin our draft position.

I’m guessing 28-17.  We pick up a few scores in the second half but our defense ultimately allows the Seahawks the dagger drive and they put it out of reach in the 4th quarter.

So, looked aver at the Seahawk forum, trying to get the feel of the fans...they're not worried about us at all. As far as they're concerned, we're just a speedbump to them winning the division and going to the playoffs. In fact, they plan on winning this game so they can lose the harder games later. I know winning hurts our draft position, but I have a history of hate with Seattle and I would love to put these smug ****s in their place. 

Seahawk isn't even a real animal, lets put this abomination out of it's misery.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I’m betting the Seahawks come out fired up and we come out flat. They have everything to play for given they are only one game out of first place in the NFC West.  We have nothing to play for but pride and a chance to ruin our draft position.

I’m guessing 28-17.  We pick up a few scores in the second half but our defense ultimately allows the Seahawks the dagger drive and they put it out of reach in the 4th quarter.

We definitely have something to play for. We're only a game out of the last playoff spot. 

Doesn't mean we won't come out flat though. Its happened many times.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Welcome to town!  Hope you're staying on the Eastside and not downtown Seattle as it's sketchy with all crime and open drug use.

I've been to at least three Redskins vs Seahawks games here, dating back to the Kingdome.

I strongly recommend against going for a $90 ticket as you'll be up in the 300 levels... and there is where the rowdy, nasty fans thrive.  They think they're in the Vet (stadium) or something, and harass the hell out of opposing fans.  The cops have to dress as 49ers fans to entrap bad actors.  Not sure why the Seachickens fans think they're so great... last I checked we have two more Superbowl trophies than them.

Stayed in Bellevue, real nice. Did the market place, space needle stuff. The stadium lit up at night is pretty cool. They had tix up close for 250 but not spending the 500 on it fr 2 that's for sure. Going to try and catch the game on the plane.

20231110_164807.jpg

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2