Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 10 - The Commanders @ The Seahawks

zCommander

I don’t think the defense is even going to be a speed bump for Seattle.

I think they’re going to get to 34.  4 TDs and 2 FGs.

The question is, can we match them?

We’re basically going to have to be perfect on offense.  

I don’t think we’ll be perfect, but I think we’ll be good.  

Seahawks -34

Commanders - 27 

The loss essentially ends the playoff chances. They need to get to 9.  At 4-6 with 7 to go, going 5-2 down the stretch is highly unlikely.  They’ll stay in it until Thanksgiving by beating the Giants at home, but a loss in Dallas will all but mathematically eliminate them.  

Ron leaves Jack on the tarmac in Seattle because he knows his goose is cooked.  

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Seahawks -34

Commanders - 27 

The loss essentially ends the playoff chances. They need to get to 9.  At 4-6 with 7 to go, going 5-2 down the stretch is highly unlikely.  They’ll stay in it until Thanksgiving by beating the Giants at home, but a loss in Dallas will all but mathematically eliminate them.  

I already went with this score, but scary how your thoughts mirror my own for how I got to that score.

14 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I mean, me on Forbes would probably be the 10th best matchup of the week.

Well, of course. It'd be 11th.  But you must know Mans has been suggesting targeting our DBs notably St Juste who he said has gotten some reps at slot so suggested even JSN... so it was notable that he singled out both.

That aside I think Lockett on the smaller side coupled with Geno off this year.... is an ideal matchup for Manny. He had a bounce back game and near INT so think he may get a P6 on you next time - he's feeling it and is in the zone.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Closest score: Week 1: Hdf561 

Week 2: Skinsfan1311 

Week 3: Riggo-toni 

Week 4: Csup

Week 5: Riggo-toni 

Week 6: Csup

Week 788Comrade2000

Week 8: Spearfeather 

Week 9: Est.1974, Catatonic, GOSKINS_08

, DazedSkinsfan

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

National-media picks for Seahawks vs. Commanders in Week 10

The Ringer

I’m not quite sure what to make of this Seahawks team. They had six first downs in last week’s blowout loss against the Ravens. That’s the fewest they’ve had in 237 games with Pete Carroll as their head coach. The Seahawks are 5-3 and have some tough ones the rest of the way: two games against the 49ers, one against the Cowboys, and one against the Eagles.

The Commanders, meanwhile, are not a good team, but they’re not a bad watch. They lit the Patriots up for 432 yards last week and had 472 in their game against the Eagles a week before that. Maybe they’re figuring some things out on that side of the ball? It’s also possible that I’m overreacting to a small sample. Regardless, give me the points. Seahawks win, but they sweat it out.

Against the spread pick: Commanders (+6)

CBS Sports

Eight for Seahawks, zero for Commanders.

NBC Sports

Seattle needs this one to confirm its status as a contender.

Mike Florio: Seahawks, 30-20.

Chris Simms: Seahawks, 30-21.

NFL.com

Why Brooke Cersosimo is taking the Seahawks: Seattle’s offense is too talented to be in this month-long rut. Behind Geno Smith’s six picks in his last four outings, the Seahawks have averaged just 15 points per game since their Week 5 bye. A home tilt against a bottom-tier defense feels like the perfect get-right game if Geno can protect the ball and if Shane Waldron can get a stagnant rushing attack going. Both are essential if Seattle intends to keep up with a Washington offense that is working out the kinks and seems to be building something with young Sam Howell. The Seahawks’ defense will play a huge role in how this one shakes out. If the Boye Mafe-led D-line can continuously harass the most-sacked, hit and pressured quarterback in the league — which, yeah, feels promising — I believe Geno will do enough to keep Seattle in the race for the division lead.

Four for Seahawks, one for Commanders.

• Thanks 1

Washington Commanders vs. Seattle Seahawks Betting Odds

jkhkj.thumb.png.81295e102f94687b7ccb1f7b026c5c16.png

Seahawks are 6.5-point home favorites over the Commanders here, which may be slightly devaluing Sam Howell’s ability. The over/under is 45.5 which is on the higher end of all over/under’s in Week 10.

Key Injuries

Washington’s Curtis Samuel was out last week with a toe injury and is listed as questionable for this week’s matchup alongside other receiver Jahan Dotson.

The Seahawks have several starters listed as questionable due to varying injuries – not uncommon for this team at this point in the week. Kenneth Walker is somewhat of a question mark as he is dealing with a chest injury that had Seattle’s backup Zach Charbonnet outsnap him in Week 9.

Washington Commanders vs. Seattle Seahawks Key Matchups

See below the key matchups and mismatches for the Commanders vs. Seahawks game.

Seahawks passing game vs. Commanders’ secondary

Geno Smith and company need to rewrite last week’s script in the worst way. The Commanders give them the perfect chance to do it. They’re allowing the sixth-most passing yards and seventh-highest yards per pass average and opposing quarterbacks throw the ball against them nearly 60% of the time.

In addition to DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett, the recent emergence of rookies Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Jake Bobo has bolstered the versatility of this offense. One of them should be able to find the endzone as the Commanders have given up the second-most passing touchdowns this season (19).

Commanders running backs vs. Seahawks front seven

Prior to last week’s game, I would have said that the Seahawks run defense was my favorite part about this team. But last week’s 300-yard mishap told another story. They now rank 25th in rush defense EPA and 18th in rush defense DVOA.

While Washington’s running game isn’t necessarily something to write home about, it’s ranked ninth in DVOA and 14th in success rate. Brian Robinson Jr. carries the load well and has contributed five touchdowns and 440 ground yards this season.

Both units are middle-of-the-pack in terms of talent level, so they should matchup well.

Washington Commanders Depth Chart

QB: Sam Howell
RB1: Brian Robinson Jr.
RB2: Antonio Gibson
LWR: Terry McLaurin
RWR: Jahan Dotson
SWR: Curtis Samuel
TE1: Logan Thomas

Seattle Seahawks Depth Chart

QB: Geno Smith
RB1: Kenneth Walker
RB2: Zach Charbonnet
LWR: DK Metcalf
RWR: Tyler Lockett
SWR: Jaxon Smith-Njigba
TE1: Noah Fant

https://www.lineups.com/articles/commanders-vs-seahawks-prediction-odds-depth-charts-11-12-23/

Edited by zCommander
  • Thanks 1

I think JDR got a little lucky last week. It was a judgement week of sorts with the 2 big trades. Could we generate pressure. Sacks.  Lucky for him Mac is terrible and the Pats are an armpit team now. 

Toohill was invisible but he may have done exactly what JDR wanted him to do. KJ had his sack but I think that was on a blitz. Otherwise I saw more from Sweat last night than our entire front 4 combined vs the Pats. Long story short we squeaked by the Pats on a day Howell was dominating. Our strength of our team is now plain as day our glaring weakness.

We can't wait for our ends to get sacks now. The pocket should be collapsing far more than it is with our studs inside. Can Jack make it happen... meh. But if we can collapse the pocket, we'll beat Geno and hey I'll treat the first 100 fans who like this post to a burger at Gino's. Otherwise Geno is going to torch our secondary, and Howell will have to save the day.

Mandogs 45 Chickenhawks 38

Edited by RandyHolt

22 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Seahawks -34

Commanders - 27 

I think 4 tds and one fg.

and we will get 3 tds and 3 fg 

On 11/9/2023 at 6:18 PM, tomwvr said:

Balance is not running and passing the same amount.

Washington DC 30 

Seattle Washington 31

If you have Mahomes that makes sense.

But Howell needs some kind of running game to balance his 40+ passes per game.

Last week versus NE was one of our better running games of the season and it showed.

No one particular runner reached 100 yards but the change of pace helped Howell a lot.