Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 10 - The Commanders @ The Seahawks

zCommander

Ah the late game on Sunday with kickoff at 4.25pm.

image.png.166490737702d27e462cf85f33fbd059.png

The Washington / Seahawks rivalry has been played 22 times (including 3 postseason games), with the Washington Commanders winning 13 games and the Seattle Seahawks winning 9 games.

The Seahawks are coming off a huge lose against the Ravens as they only scored 3 points. Our D will allow them to score more points against us though. But we have the better offense. 

Us: 24

Them: 20

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not getting the pessimism from historical perspective...

We've beat them 2 of the last 3 and won the last 3 games in Seattle...

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/washington-commanders/teamvsteam?opp=28

Yeah, if we can get Carlos Rogers to hold onto the interception, we’ll win for sure. Especially if we can get Anthony Mix to recover the kickoff.

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

From what I understand , we are 7-1 in Seattle . 

26 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Yeah, if we can get Carlos Rogers to hold onto the interception, we’ll win for sure. Especially if we can get Anthony Mix to recover the kickoff.

Still can’t believe we didn’t win that 07 game. 

• Like 2

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Just posting recent history and this goes back up to Gibbs 2. We don’t fare to well in Seattle.

We are 7-1 in Seattle in regular season. We beat them last time also in Seattle lol. 

I saw the Seahawks and ravens game. We can beat them my only “ ISSUE” is if Forbes can cover there wideouts. Should be a very close game but I’m gonna say. 

23-17 washington.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

In that wild-card game we couldn't even score a point for the first 3 qts and then all hell breaks loose in the 4th. :( 

Game highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LQb3hikZ1o

Scoring Summary

1ST QUARTER

WSH SEA
Seattle Seahawks
TD
3:54
TD
6 plays, 31 yards, 3:21
0 7
Seattle Seahawks
XP
3:45
PAT
6 plays, 31 yards, 3:21
0 7

2ND QUARTER

WSH SEA
Seattle Seahawks
FG
9:02
Field Goal
5 plays, 32 yards, 1:42
0 10

3RD QUARTER

WSH SEA
Seattle Seahawks
FG
4:35
Field Goal
8 plays, 52 yards, 4:24
0 13

4TH QUARTER

WSH SEA
WSH
TD
15:00
TD
12 plays, 85 yards, 4:37
6 13
WSH
XP
14:53
PAT
12 plays, 85 yards, 4:37
7 13
WSH
TD
12:44
TD
3 plays, 42 yards, 1:19
13 13
WSH
XP
12:38
PAT
3 plays, 42 yards, 1:19
14 13
Seattle Seahawks
TD
6:12
TD
5 plays, 42 yards, 1:57
14 19
Seattle Seahawks
2PTC
6:06
2 Point Pass
5 plays, 42 yards, 1:57
14 21
Seattle Seahawks
TD
5:56
TD
1 play, 78 yards, 0:00
14 27
Seattle Seahawks
XP
5:38
PAT
9 plays, 41 yards, 2:57
14 28
Seattle Seahawks
TD
0:44
TD
1 plays, 57 yards, 1:25
14 34
Seattle Seahawks
XP
0:27
PAT
2 play, 12 yards, 0:27
14 35

Edited by zCommander

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The 05 loss stings more. Freaking Rogers man. He catches that pick 6 we're going to the Super Bowl. 

Yup. The game was low scoring but we should have won that one. I couldn't believe that we were so close to going to SB that year and then Gibbs decides to bring in Al Saunders the next year. Gibbs should not have done that as that set us back even more. 

Just now, zCommander said:

Yup. The game was low scoring but we should have won that one. I couldn't believe that we were so close to going to SB that year and then Gibbs decides to bring in Al Saunders the next year. Gibbs should not have done that as that set us back even more. 

That 05 team was so good. Its a shame Brunell's arm fell off in the 2nd half. But it was a top 5 defense, top 5 OL, Portis had 1500 yards rushing, Moss 1500 yards receiving, Cooley 700 yards receiving. Easily the best team in the Snyder era and the only one that was a legit contender. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

From what I understand , we are 7-1 in Seattle . 

Tell me about it. My BIL and I flew out there for the game!  We so should have won.  We did go back for th Roy Helu game where we won but it was a regular season game not  PO. 

Yesterday wsa fun but not sure what anyone saw that would lead them to believe we can beat Seattle. Good DCs have started to figure Geno out a little but we do not have a good DC or the pieces in place to stop them. NE is a bad team. Seattle is not. Will likely be a long day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Yesterday wsa fun but not sure what anyone saw that would lead them to believe we can beat Seattle. Good DCs have started to figure Geno out a little but we do not have a good DC or the pieces in place to stop them. NE is a bad team. Seattle is not. Will likely be a long day. 

I think we have a shot in every game because our passing offense appears to be above average at the very least. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think we have a shot in every game because our passing offense appears to be above average at the very least. 

I like Sam and am happy with how we are progressing but Seattle has the tools to stop us. They are just better. NE at this point is a bad team. Again, Seattle is not, Yea they just got spanked by the Ravens but that makes it worse. We are not the Ravens, they will want to take out thier loss on someone and the game is in Seattle. 

I am always hopeful and of course it's always possible. I want to win I just don't see it this week. 

Seattle is not what they were last year, and Geno Smith is reverting back from what was his best season as a pro.  Unfortunately for us, I think Geno will have a get right game against Washington, because our D can't stop anyone that's halfway decent, and the Seahawks are coming off of a blowout loss yesterday against the Ravens.  I do think that we'll keep it close for about a half, and maybe into the 3rd Quarter, but Seattle will run away from us in the 4th, and our D will fail to contain their offense:

Washington 21

Seattle 34

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I like Sam and am happy with how we are progressing but Seattle has the tools to stop us. They are just better. NE at this point is a bad team. Again, Seattle is not, Yea they just got spanked by the Ravens but that makes it worse. We are not the Ravens, they will want to take out thier loss on someone and the game is in Seattle. 

I am always hopeful and of course it's always possible. I want to win I just don't see it this week. 

I don't disagree. But we went toe to toe with Philly too. I'm not saying we're a lock to win, but this passing offense has me optimistic and I think we have a better chance than people think.

I have no faith in our defense whatsoever, which is why I predicted a shootout. We might actually need 40 to win.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Looking at past matchups between the two franchises, with none of the same players or coaches participating, is always a great predictor of future games.

Commanders 74, Seahawks 3.

Come on, that's ridiculous.  

It'll probably be more like 66-3.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1