Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 10 - The Commanders @ The Seahawks

zCommander

Seattle struggiling of late against the run.  According to a reporter, they are better these days against the pass.  does Bieniemy factor that or does he do what he did against the Giants, ignore it?  I guess will see.

“We couldn’t tackle in the second half. We just didn’t tackle," a baffled Carroll told reporters after the game. "It shouldn’t have been any different. It’s just basic plays, and we didn’t get them on the ground. That’s the part I need to look at the most. That’s what I’m most concerned about, the way that happened like that.”

All afternoon long, the Seahawks were plagued by missed tackles at all three levels and poor execution of run fits, allowing Edwards, Justice Hill, and undrafted rookie Keaton Mitchell to torch them for 230 combined rushing yards. This didn't include the dynamic Jackson's contributions, as he rushed for 60 yards himself, including a 23-yard scramble to escape a potential sack by Mafe in the second quarter.

...While Reed, Carroll, and others have the right mindset to review the film and quickly forget about Sunday's laugher, the beatdown in Baltimore continued a troubling trend over the past three games for Seattle. Since Week 7, the team has yielded at least 127 rushing yards in each game with the Cardinals, Browns, and Ravens establishing new season-highs for yards allowed in three consecutive weeks.

During that span, which coincided with the loss of starting outside linebacker Uchenna Nwosu to a season-ending pectoral injury, the Seahawks have let opposing offenses rush for 193 yards per game, 5.5 yards per carry, and five touchdowns on the ground. Most concerningly, after giving up only eight runs of 10 or more yards in the first five games, Carroll's defense has given up 12 such runs in the past 12 quarters of play, functioning like a sieve.

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/seattle-seahawks-run-defense-regression-legitimate-concern

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  He doesn’t.  

:P 

The last two days weren't so bad I guess.

1 minute ago, srtman04 said:

Yep, this is a game we def have to rely on the run game over the pass.   Any more is offensive malpractice... 

If we try the 80/20 ration, we can't win. Have to get it down to 60/40 at most.

We're actually pretty good at running the ball, too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mostly everything I've read about Seattle in 2023 says they are an up & down team and that kind of worries me the most because it seems like those types of team tend to bring the up part of equation when they play us. 

I am getting to the point where I am not worried about the offense (maybe points-wise still a little) but I just have no confidence in the defense against any opponent anymore.

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I see this as a real stinker. We played great against the Eagles, okay against the Patriots, Smith and Co put up 30. We lose 30-17

We dominated the Pats. Unfortunately three big plays prevented the game from being an absolute blowout(the two turnovers + the 65 yard TD run). That seems to be the issue with this team, we just give up too many huge explosive plays.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

We dominated the Pats. Unfortunately three big plays prevented the game from being an absolute blowout(the two turnovers + the 65 yard TD run). That seems to be the issue with this team, we just give up too many huge explosive plays.

The Pats suck. They're terrible. Their offense is really bad. We were fortunate Mac Jones missed several wide open receivers. We got a lucky deflection INT to seal the game when they were driving to kick the tying FG. We were fortunate to win that game. A better QB and we lose by 2 scores.

• Like 1

Some people out there believe that his team is about to go on one of Rivera's patented runs that they have in his tenure.  I think this team has been consistent on being in inconsistent.  If they win, that's good I guess, but I see this team a reflection of Rivera which is not built for sustained success.  We'll see if they live up to that or not on Sunday

Edited by NoVaSkins21

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Seahawks have some really good Corners. I know our strength is the passing game but our receivers have also at times struggled to get open against man coverage. If we can pound em via the run then do it.

I don't know much about their CB's but when I clicked on espn's fantasy profile of Jahan Dotson, it says something like " should be able to make some plays vs Seattle's vulnerable secondary. " I have heard their back end was talented. So I'm not sure why they referred to them as " vulnerable. "

30 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I don't know much about their CB's but when I clicked on espn's fantasy profile of Jahan Dotson, it says something like " should be able to make some plays vs Seattle's vulnerable secondary. " I have heard their back end was talented. So I'm not sure why they referred to them as " vulnerable. "

They have two real good young CBs. Witherspoon is a DROY candidate and Woolen last year was as well. Now maybe Woolen has dropped off I don't know but I assume they're both still good. I know their run D is a weakness though which is why they traded for Leonard Williams from the Giants.

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They have two real good young CBs. Witherspoon is a DROY candidate and Woolen last year was as well. Now maybe Woolen has dropped off I don't know but I assume they're both still good. I know their run D is a weakness though which is why they traded for Leonard Williams from the Giants.

I think I recall Witherspoon having a very impressive pick six during a nationally televised game earlier this season. Made some other plays that game too. He definitely looked really good.

• Thumb up 1