Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Since next week is Superbowl week, you figure a presser is today or tomorrow; or else it will be after the Superbowl.

I’m sure Peters had a candidate in mind.  Maybe that was Johnson. Remember they did some virtual interviews before Peters was hired.  My guess Quinn became the favorite after virtual interviews but they wanted to interview everyone in person before deciding.

It’s done. Now Focus is getting Dan’s staff hired and start evaluating the roster.

As for bridge, that’s what many of us fans believe this hire will end being. The owners expect to win it all with Dan but the fans think, he won’t. Dan will rebuild the culture and rebuild the team into a competitive unit and when the time comes to move on from Dan; he will have been the bridge to make this an attractive place to come to. By the time this happens, the facilities will have been improved and the new stadium should be under construction.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

My money would be on Allen too....

🔥 FIREBRAND 🔥 That is what Dan Quinn is to team, coaches and players.  It has an effect!  They will be a unit and they will be ready!  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And yet, they still make bad hires, too.

It’s all a guessing game. Their guesses are just more educated. But they also get in the weeds and allow their personal feeling to create bias.

You like a guy you’re more likely to give him a shake than someone who may be a better coach but you aren’t sure of or don’t know.

You dislike a guy and you may pass over them even if they are what’s best for your team.

Even the most qualified people make bad hires. And sometimes you’re too deep into the forest to see the trees.

Sometimes fans absolutely have a clearer perspective.

Sometimes (most of the time) we don’t know ****.

But as someone who makes hires… bias is an issue.

Sure, it happens all the time in every industry. But I don’t think for a second that fans who have never so much has met these guys, much less anyone that’s ever met these guys, have a better idea of who they are than folks who actually interviewed them.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sure, it happens all the time in every industry. But I don’t think for a second that fans who have never so much has met these guys, much less anyone that’s ever met these guys, have a better idea of who they are than folks who actually interviewed them.  

Not about that. Knowing who they are is what the detriment could be. 

That’s why bad hires happen. 

And people who are being interviewed… they lie. Not everyone. But some. And it’s really hard to tell the difference some times. Some times it’s really easy.

1 hour ago, SkinsFanPA said:

Sheehan is right, this fan base is suffering from PTSD due to the Snyder era.  They find doom and gloom in everything. Hopefully, with time, that will start to change.

Oh, and Thom Loverro might be the biggest moron this side of Stephen A Smith.   Good lord, that dude is stupid AND insufferable.  Sheehan should have told him to shut the f** up this morning.

There are two parts to this. While I agree with Sheehan on this issue, Loverro has every right to be pessimistic. This franchise has been a dumpster fire for 30 years. Second part about this is Sheehan has a financial gain for Washington being relevant. He will have more morning listeners and podcast listeners. Then there is the click bait strategy of Skip Bayless as well.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

🔥 FIREBRAND 🔥 That is what Dan Quinn is to team, coaches and players.  It has an effect!  They will be a unit and they will be ready!  

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what was said after the Rivera hire.

He was a straight-up, tell you where you stand, military background…. leadership style. He was a culture setter… which is why Dan had to cede full control and created a coach-centric model… because that was the only way to attract the quality of coach Rivera was sold to be.

He hired JDR… who was a highly regarded former DC… who said he was going to come in here and simplify schemes so the players could use their physical strengths and play fast.

And everybody was happy.

Until the games started.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Since next week is Superbowl week, you figure a presser is today or tomorrow; or else it will be after the Superbowl.

The beat guys are predicting Monday.  For whatever that’s worth.  

10 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

Don't sugarcoat it, dude... Speak freely.😃

But he’s not wrong.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Not gonna hold a press conference on a Saturday. My guess is Monday early afternoon-ish before the hoopla of Super Bowl week. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The beat guys are predicting Monday.  For whatever that’s worth.  

But he’s not wrong.  

Im sorry, but that does not fit my schedule at all, I have plenty of time today to watch it, not Monday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Hungover as hell and here for my morning bicker session. Where is Chip kelly?

In your head kicking a football. Or it’s a giant thumb kicking a football. I guess, what I’m trying to say is either way it is Chip Kelly kicking that ball inside your head. 

8 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what was said after the Rivera hire.

He was a straight-up, tell you where you stand, military background…. leadership style. He was a culture setter… which is why Dan had to cede full control and created a coach-centric model… because that was the only way to attract the quality of coach Rivera was sold to be.

He hired JDR… who was a highly regarded former DC… who said he was going to come in here and simplify schemes so the players could use their physical strengths and play fast.

And everybody was happy.

Until the games started.

That was Ron Rivera.  This is Dan Quinn.  Two different people, Physically, Spiritually, Mentally. Allow Quinn a chance to win.  :)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Im wondering if it was due to the coaches and their all around demeanor that we didnt seem to develop the "fiery" players? Also I think the overall view of the organization impacted the players, just look at the facility rankings etc. that came out last year where we were last by a large margin, let alone the record on the field, This had to have put a damper on player moral. Hoping Quinns enthusiasm rubs off on the players and we start seeing improvements and planning for facilities going forward..

This is a good point. We all talk about upcoming new facilities being on the ownership road map. 

But what are the short term plans? Are they ripping that facility apart and renovating during the dead period before everyone needs to get back in that building? If you’re willing to spend the money, a lot can be done in a couple months to increase quality of life until we build something totally new.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Not gonna hold a press conference on a Saturday. My guess is Monday early afternoon-ish before the hoopla of Super Bowl week. 

People against Dan Quinn, I hope will be open minded and change their tune on him once they hear his presser.  

1 hour ago, BayouBrave86 said:

That’s the thing, this front office put all their eggs in the Ben Johnson basket which is a major red flag. They seemingly had no back up plan and got left standing at the altar. I’m assuming he got a 5 year deal. He won’t make it past 3 years. 

I think this is actually not true, I think the Johnson Hire intrigued them because of what the Lions had done.   But it sounds like Johnson may not have HC personality. And that is okay.  I do think finding out late sucked, And maybe we land MacDonald instead, but Seattle is much more positioned for success out of the gate without even doing offseason than we are.  Let's stop kidding ourself, The best jobs this year were San Diego, Seattle, Then I'd say us.  I'd say Raiders, Titans, Panthers to round it out.

I don't buy that they were fixated on Johnson, they did second interviews with MULTIPLE candidates, that's more than Snyder ever did in recent memory.

22 hours ago, PigskinPhat said:

If he was such a D coach, how do u give up a forty burger to the Packers and Jordan Love at home? Now ur a Head Coach? Prior to that, he got fired by the Falcons after 5 seasons.

Wonder how he’ll do for the Commanders, who have nothing in the cupboard.

Let’s see!

Go listen to the Cowboys Media guy that takedwith kevin Sheehan yesterday.  Dallas was depleted at LB, and CB and Gilmore was playing in a harness and had surgery immediately after the loss.  Quinn did a GREAT job of disguising things, but at some point how you build the team catches up with you, and we all know who picks the players.  

For any newcomers, hint: It wasn't Dan Quinn.  It was Jerry Jones.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Conn said:

This is a good point. We all talk about upcoming new facilities being on the ownership road map. 

But what are the short term plans? Are they ripping that facility apart and renovating during the dead period before everyone needs to get back in that building? If you’re willing to spend the money, a lot can be done in a couple months to increase quality of life until we build something totally new.

I can understand them not wanting to put any money into the old building structurally wise but I imagine new equipment etc would be an easy short term type thing they would do. I think that is something they need to do immediately, at a minimum.

• Like 2

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I just hope we all call him Quinn and not Dan, like we did to Ron. That name has too much stink around.

I think I saw where Parsons called him "Q" so that's what I'm rolling with. Some James Bond type ish. Definitely not Dan *shudders*

Just now, RWJ said:

That was Ron Rivera.  This is Dan Quinn.  Two different people, Physically, Spiritually, Mentally. Allow Quinn a chance to win.  :)  

I called out Ron Rivera as a coach in year 2, game 4 (the game against the Bills). I was the first to jump off his bandwagon… and everything be thought I was nuts coming to off the playoff game the season before.

Ill give Quinn a chance. I don’t hate the hire… I just view this decision more than likely as a bridge.

I know the Harris group were preaching they wanted ‘leadership’. They’re entitled to that.

But I don’t think that’s what this franchise needs right now.

Its literally just coming off a HC whose coaching strength was leadership… not X’s and O’s. He was totally hands off on the coordinators. He was a manager.

And his teams were outcoached/out schemed every week… always falling into deficits and having to claw back through sheer will/determination and luck.

Even for all his rah rah ‘Start strong’ nonsense… it didn’t work.

Instead, I think this team needs an innovative/progressive young guy… who is a wiz and can coach players up.I want to win through preparation/strategy.

Maybe Quinn can win… I suppose we’ll see. Im just very skeptical.

Im sure he’s a great guy. Apparently we have a roster of those. 

Right now I prefer talented guys… and winners/producers. That goes for coaches and players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1