Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Sums up that show quite succinctly.

The show is entertaining and Grant is super knowledgeable, but Danny is a comedian and pure fan so he’s basically like a screaming member of ES on the radio. When you listen to it with that in mind, it’s ok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seantaylor=god said:

The show is entertaining and Grant is super knowledgeable, but Danny is a comedian and pure fan so he’s basically like a screaming member of ES on the radio. When you listen to it with that in mind, it’s ok.

Grant is an insufferable, condescending ass. Danny is an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 1

29 minutes ago, my_friend_goo said:

Wait, there's a Klein Kubiak as well as a Klint and a Klay? How much deeper does this go? Kris? Kade? Karl? Konrad? Konway? Kampbell? Kleopatra? Kharles?

Do I even dare ask about their middle names?

I bet they love to eat at KFC and Krispy Kreme.

• Haha 2

Just went to the Commanders homepage looking for any info on a Quinn presser. Nothing, there isn't even a mention of Quinn yet. The social media aspect of this team needs some serious help. From the official Commanders programing to its web page Im hoping it too gets addressed this offseason. Youtube fan boys unfortunately have better content. My rant for the day.

Yeah I know, they have to get everything right and official before putting anything out there....but still its aggravating. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Just went to the Commanders homepage looking for any info on a Quinn presser. Nothing, there isn't even a mention of Quinn yet. The social media aspect of this team needs some serious help. From the official Commanders programing to its web page Im hoping it too gets addressed this offseason. Youtube fan boys unfortunately have better content. My rant for the day.

Yeah I know, they have to get everything right and official before putting anything out there....but still its aggravating. 

There's nothing wrong with the social media, the contract must not be official. Maybe DQ agreed in principle to be the coach.  They are fine tuning and waiting on that signature. Or... Just maybe... the Press-culators got it wrong.... AGAIN!

22 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, as a William and Mary alumnus, here’s something I just put together:

Quinn's first coaching job ever was ... wait for it... a the DL coach for the 1994 William and Mary Tribe.  

That team had 2 players, Mike Tomlin and Sean McDermott who would later go on to become NFL head coaches, and Tomlin might end up in the HOF. 

Who knew the 1994 Tribe football team was a hotbed of future NFL head coaching power! It’s like the 2013 Redskins coaching staff!!!

Lou Holtz's first head coaching job came at William & Mary in 1969.

I love what Lou Holtz once told his team at half time. He said, You're playing more like a bunch of Mary's than William's.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

There's nothing wrong with the social media, the contract must not be official. Maybe DQ agreed in principle to be the coach.  They are fine tuning and waiting on that signature. Or... Just maybe... the Press-culators got it wrong.... AGAIN!

What do you mean its not official? Rick Snider spent 2 minutes telling everyone it was.

• Haha 1

I think some are understating or underestimating the presence of GMAP, almost like we've forgotten about him since Quinn was announced. 

One of the most important takeaways from Keim's most recent with the Atlanta guy is that Quinn had full roster control in ATL and a heavy impact on the draft. As Washington fans well know, this coach centric crap is just asking for trouble. This isn't similar to his ATL setup. 

So now he'll be working for/with our shiny new GM, and I think that will go a long way towards rehabilitating Quinn's image–if AP and Quinn live up to their potential. We shall see. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

My opinion:

1. It's not entertaining

2. Grant is not knowledgeable.  He also can't count to 32 and 50% of the tweets he puts out with "stats" have math errors. He's just been around a long time and our radio scene is so ****, in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.  

3. Danny isn't funny.

4. 90% of ES members are more qualified to have an opinion and state it publicly than Danny. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

32 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I gave up listening to Sheehan six months ago and never listen to their combined podcast.  I like Al Galdi's podcast and Keim's podcast.

Sheehan will rarely admit when he is wrong about quarterbacks and he cuts off callers he doesn't agree with and then he always argues

with the one lady doctor- Shabazz I think is her name.

I only ever listen to Sheehan's podcast.  Perhaps I should give his show a try and see what that's like...

Love Galdi. I miss Czabe's "Hey Galdi!" portion of the show...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No doubt.

Ranking and making distinctions about players is one thing.  There’s an abundance of tape to judge.

But head coaches, it’s primarily about mental makeup, leadership, who they intend to staff, how they mesh with top brass, can they handle the pressures, etc.  Why we as fans think we have a better gauge on that than those with decades in the industry that are interviewing these guys is beyond me.  😂

And yet, they still make bad hires, too.

It’s all a guessing game. Their guesses are just more educated. But they also get in the weeds and allow their personal feeling to create bias.

You like a guy you’re more likely to give him a shake than someone who may be a better coach but you aren’t sure of or don’t know.

You dislike a guy and you may pass over them even if they are what’s best for your team.

Even the most qualified people make bad hires. And sometimes you’re too deep into the forest to see the trees.

Sometimes fans absolutely have a clearer perspective.

Sometimes (most of the time) we don’t know ****.

But as someone who makes hires… bias is an issue.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

And yet, they still make bad hires, too.

It’s all a guessing game. Their guesses are just more educated. But they also get in the weeds and allow their personal feeling to create bias.

You like a guy you’re more likely to give him a shake than someone who may be a better coach but you aren’t sure of or don’t know.

You dislike a guy and you may pass over them even if they are what’s best for your team.

Even the most qualified people make bad hires. And sometimes you’re too deep into the forest to see the trees.

Sometimes fans absolutely have a clearer perspective.

Sometimes (most of the time) we don’t know ****.

Was listening to a segment on Sirius NFL radio yesterday, forget which ex coach said it but essentially when you get hired as a HC, and even long after, you get hundreds, and he reiterated hundreds, of calls from close friends, acquaintances etc asking for a job. You often feel obligated and compelled to hire folks. Said it can be overwhelming and really affect your decision making process.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I'll still on my hill saying that Jason Wright is terrible.  I don't care - I want anyone that served under Dan gone. He oversaw the PR low light Sean Taylor Toilet Bowl Street naming. How the F is he team president?

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I gave up listening to Sheehan six months ago and never listen to their combined podcast.  I like Al Galdi's podcast and Keim's podcast.

Sheehan will rarely admit when he is wrong about quarterbacks and he cuts off callers he doesn't agree with and then he always argues

with the one lady doctor- Shabazz I think is her name.

Dr. Sabah, the leader of the Taylor Heinicke fan club. 

Bram's show which you can find as a podcast is very good.  Bram can be an insufferable know it all, but he's also pretty plugged in, can be funny and entertaining.  Though he and Callow were also HUGE Heinicke fans and so when they get into that, it gets annoying.  

Also, the JP Finlay/Mitch Tischler podcast is good.  Less on news and more on reactions.  I wish they could find a third, but that person would have to work for Monumental Sports.  It used to be Tandler, JP and Mitch with guest appearances by a very young Pete Hailey.  However, Tandler tragically passed away, and when the Monumental deal took place with NBCSports Washington, Pete left the station.  

There is nothing on 980 or 106.7 which is worth listening to.

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

That was aimed less at the team and more  aimed at the posters on this board. The ones acting like the current unhappy fans are being irrational or unreasonable giving the unfolding of events. Obviously, we won't know if its starting to work until at least a month into the new season, so everyone is going to have to wait.

Now, Harris may not have come out, looked into a camera and said "We're hiring a young, fresh coach.". However, everything he's done with current hires, his past hiring history and what he has said points to a different direction. I can tell you he definitely didn't say he want an "old, stale, 2nd chance coach". When he said he wanted to model the Ravens, I didn't think he meant with an older coach.

Whatever, no point in arguing or "debating" this anymore until week 5 in my eyes.

They said that above all else what they were valuing was leadership and an aligned vision between Ownership-GM-HC.

I don’t think they even hinted at desiring a first time HC in any way.

21 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

The team hasn't officially announced it yet.  When they do, all the information will be available.  Probably still working out the details.

They might also be making a big announcement with the departure of certain individuals as well.  

Just relax, it takes time.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

To be fair, the contract probably hasn't been signed yet. They've probably reached some kind of "tentative agreement" and will finish things up soon. You don't want to have a bunch of "WELCOME TO WASHINGTON DAN QUINN" messages out there and things somehow fall through at the last minute. 

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Same. And agree. 

I suspect at this moment in time our apparent approach by committee is a good thing for Peters. I would imagine that brings a sufficient element of balance and independence into our decisions. Doesn’t mean they end up correct though. Do think they are good council at the minute for the young GM though. Peters likely grows out of that as he matures in the role.

And you can go full circle back to Harris instantly forming that ‘advisory group’. Interestingly some would say that encouraged bias. Others independent views. 

Fine margins.

In terms of our hires, I just hope we see some different thinking. Mix up experience and youth. People who’ve been there. Others who are early on the learning curve. Encourage different perspectives. Grow people in the organisation. 

Don’t just bus in a load of coaches 20 years into their careers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

To be fair, the contract probably hasn't been signed yet. They've probably reached some kind of "tentative agreement" and will finish things up soon. You don't want to have a bunch of "WELCOME TO WASHINGTON DAN QUINN" messages out there and things somehow fall through at the last minute. 

True but their homepage announcing the news would be the least of their PR disaster worries.

There seems to be very little speculation over who are the top candidates for the OC job. Maybe they are in the super blow.