Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

As for Raheem when I was listening to Keim talk about what he believes they want, it screamed him more than the other prospective coaches

for those fixated on Kyle.  He likes him too.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/49ers/article/49ers-shanahan-rams-morris-18368996.php

49ers’ Kyle Shanahan and Rams DC Raheem Morris go from BFFs to foes Sunday

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Really sad to hear Jason Wright mentioned as Head of Business in that article but no mention of them replacing him. I want him gone.

I think Harris has priorities and the football side cones first. Plus I don't think Wright is making any major decisions without Harris groups input. I'm sure he already has one foot out the door but his position is not the immediate priority.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I thought Rooney rule was about interviewing minority candidates outside the team.

Don't know if this is outdated but:    DC Aaron Glenn from will be virtual I believe but they need to meet with a minority in person outside the team.  

Clubs must conduct an in-person interview with at least one external minority candidate for any GM or head coaching interview.

The Rooney Rule | NFL Football Operations

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Raheem when I was listening to Keim talk about what he believes they want, it screamed him more than the other prospective coaches

for those fixated on Kyle.  He likes him too.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/49ers/article/49ers-shanahan-rams-morris-18368996.php

49ers’ Kyle Shanahan and Rams DC Raheem Morris go from BFFs to foes Sunday

Sorry but I saw enough of him in Tampa.  OK for a DC but that's all for me, personally.  I can only hope we land Weaver from Baltimore as our DC but as @CapsSkins said he probably takes over for MacDonald if/when he's hired.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Really sad to hear Jason Wright mentioned as Head of Business in that article but no mention of them replacing him. I want him gone.

Do you trust Josh Harris to evaluate people? He has owned the team since July which is enough time to observe Jason doing his job, apparently Josh feels he's doing a good enough job to continue in his position. 

Maybe Wright's hands were tied during his time with Snyder and now he's able to execute ideas he had in mind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

He may be good at his position if he's able to focus on his strengths.  Who knows?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK Skins said:

Wright's office has made gaff after gaff (even as recently as the Kerrigan thing the other day), I can't imagine why anyone would want to keep him, or his staff.

Josh Harris and his team seem to disagree. Perhaps there are other ideas that were executed flawlessly which are more important than whatever the Kerrigan thing is.

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

He did have a 39.8 QBR under Anthony Lynn, so that's objectively terrible.

And when your offense is so atrocious that it gets the offensive coordinator fired they don't often promote from within. 

Clearly they saw some serious potential in ben johnson and they were right.

Hopefully we can have the same fortune.

• Like 1

If the Cowboys fire Mike McCarthy, how much do you think that will effect our coaching search? That is a stacked team. I imagine that will be most people's #1 landing spot (they'd have to deal with Jerry - plus the looming decision on what to do about Dak - but other than Jerry talking a lot he's not Snyder. He gave McCarthy every opportunity you can expect an owner to)

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

If the Cowboys fire Mike McCarthy, how much do you think that will effect our coaching search? That is a stacked team. I imagine that will be most people's #1 landing spot (they'd have to deal with Jerry - plus the looming decision on what to do about Dak - but other than Jerry talking a lot he's not Snyder. He gave McCarthy every opportunity you can expect an owner to)

Would be surprised if Jerry wants a first timer for his HC if he thinks his team is built for playoff success. After Florio tried to push Belichick on Washington and Atlanta. Dallas would make sense. Or, Pete Carroll if that front office role isn't really legit in Seattle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

It definitely is a very attractive opening. 

I think we're looking more young though and Jerry is gonna go hard after the Belichick/Harbaugh types.

At least I'm hoping anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't know why people are so fixated on Wright. He has NO involvement with the football/personnel side of things. I couldn't care less if he stays or goes.

The name change. He’s all about standing by what he did. That’s the main reason he is hated aside from the Sean Taylor memorials and lies

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

44 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I honestly don't really understand why anybody really cares about Wright right now.  He's basically going to do what he's told by Harris.  He's not part of the football ops.  He's not part of the stadium search.  And he's not part of the capital improvements to FedEx.  

Whatever role he has, it's diminished.

Also, from what I heard, he was pretty instrumental in keeping this board around a few months ago, so maybe some degree of leniency would be appropriate.  

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

The name change. He’s all about standing by what he did. That’s the main reason he is hated aside from the Sean Taylor memorials and lies

Yeah, but Dan picked the name.  He executed it badly.  He's not going to come out and say they chose a bad name. That's not going to happen.  

He might have had a hand in more stuff before, now he's just there. I'm sure over time he will be replace. I personally don't see the point in wasting effort thinking about him one way or the other.  

But to each their own.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I honestly don't really understand why anybody really cares about Wright right now.  He's basically going to do what he's told by Harris.  He's not part of the football ops.  He's not part of the stadium search.  And he's not part of the capital improvements to FedEx.  

Whatever role he has, it's diminished.

Also, from what I heard, he was pretty instrumental in keeping this board around a few months ago, so maybe some degree of leniency would be appropriate.  

I admit I jumped on the "hate Jason wright" bandwagon myself but then thought about it more, he's always seemed like a decent guy to me plus you gotta do what the big cheese tells you to do and the big cheese was a block of rotten limburger so I'm willing to give him a chance under new ownership. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Their fans seem to want Belichick or Vrabel rather than the young OC’s we’re coveting. Stephen Jones is also said to be very close to Dan Quinn.

They may prefer to go the experienced HC route.

8 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

If the Cowboys fire Mike McCarthy, Jerrah will have the successor lined up before he tells McCarthy to pack his office.  Most likely Bill Belichick.  They'll have to go through the Rooney Rule process.  But Jerrah is going to know the next coach before he fires the current coach.  He's probably on the phone with Bill right now.  

The other option is Dan Quinn, who's in the building, and I think he could hire today without having to do Rooney Rule stuff because he's an internal candidate.  I might have that wrong, but I thought if you were hiring an internal candidate, you could just do that whenever you wanted to.  

3 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

John Keim said something interesting - he talked about how he heard Magic Johnson is a huge part of the interview process for head coaches because while Josh Harris and those guys can talk about structure, Magic knows more about the locker room culture and what guys in the locker rooms actually need in a leader.

This may sound a little silly but I believe some of these guys that are interviewing with Magic are in awe a little bit too.

• Thanks 1

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Their fans seem to want Belichick or Vrabel rather than the young OC’s we’re coveting. Stephen Jones is also said to be very close to Dan Quinn.

They may prefer to go the experienced HC route.

I would hate it if Vrabel went to Dallas. I like him a lot as a coach and he's a REALLY strong leader. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If the Cowboys fire Mike McCarthy, Jerrah will have the successor lined up before he tells McCarthy to pack his office.  Most likely Bill Belichick.  They'll have to go through the Rooney Rule process.  But Jerrah is going to know the next coach before he fires the current coach.  He's probably on the phone with Bill right now.  

The other option is Dan Quinn, who's in the building, and I think he could hire today without having to do Rooney Rule stuff because he's an internal candidate.  I might have that wrong, but I thought if you were hiring an internal candidate, you could just do that whenever you wanted to.  

Yeah purely going to recent buzz and past buzz its likely Belichick or Quinn.  I haven't heard him linked to them but Vrabel wouldn't shock me.  I think Dallas doesn't go with a newbee.

16 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Jerrah, lol.

That reminds me so much of tr1...oh would he and bubba be having a field day in Around the NFL today

I wonder if the poor defensive play last night removes Quinn from contention as the next HC.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm not sure what credentials Magic Johnson would have about locker room culture and coaching leadership.  Where would he have gotten that experience and knowledge?  

From tweeting. His tweets are like....ummmmm..Magic.

• Haha 1

If we do end up hiring Johnson, how cool would it be if the 9ers and Lions met for the NFC Conference game?  Our new GM’s team vs. our new HC’s team. 

Would be even cooler if it’s a Texans / 9ers Super Bowl and we hired Slowik, but that seems a lot less likely.

Other option is a Ravens / 9ers Super Bowl with Macdonald coaching the Ravens defense.

Regardless, there’s a fairly good chance our GM vs. new HC’s teams will meet in a meaningful playoff game this year.