Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

If we do end up hiring Johnson, how cool would it be if the 9ers and Lions met for the NFC Conference game?  Our new GM’s team vs. our new HC’s team. 

Would be even cooler if it’s a Texans / 9ers Super Bowl and we hired Slowik, but that seems a lot less likely.

Other option is a Ravens / 9ers Super Bowl with Macdonald coaching the Ravens defense.

Regardless, there’s a fairly good chance our GM vs. new HC’s teams will meet in a meaningful playoff game this year. 

It's like all these playoff participating organizations have something in common that we desire...  🤣

36 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

How many times under former ownership did we actually interview several candidates for our HC job?  It’s an incredible source of intel.  

I agree 100%.  This is information the new GM needs to hear. 

As for Quinn and his last game, it is a short sighted to think that excludes him.  I hope the new GM and owner make a decision based on a much larger sample.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Will see.  But for now it feels like Belichick and or his agent really really wants the league to think Washington wants him

Keim or somebody has put out that the Belichick to Washington stuff is all coming from the Belichick people to make it at least look like he's a candidate for one of the better jobs.

While Keim and others keep just saying "no no no no no no no" the national media keeps saying to the agents "Ok, I'll keep saying this if you give me something later."

Media is a horse trading game of intel. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I guess owning a yacht is obligatory if you're an NFL owner.

Any boat with a berthing is a yacht. Some of the poorest people I know live on yachts. It's pretty funny. Most of them are old as hell 22 foot sailboats without a mast that just live on a mooring. 

If I had a billion dollars, I'd have an old schooner triple mast ship like the Roseway to move around the world.   

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Any boat with a berthing is a yacht. Some of the poorest people I know live on yachts. It's pretty funny. Most of them are old as hell 22 foot sailboats without a mast that just live on a mooring. 

If I had a billion dollars, I'd have an old schooner triple mast ship like the Roseway to move around the world.   

We got bootleg Christopher Columbus over here 🫵😂

just messing around with ya lol.

Edited by spjunkies
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There's a chance Belichick would bring McDaniels with him.  McDaniels is an egotistical ass hat, but he's a good OC.  Terrible HC.  And Bill knows how to manage McDaniels.  

And BB is still probably the best defensive coach out there. And that team would never not be ready too play like we saw yesterday. People who don't think he could make a difference there are fooling themselves, imo. 

18 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

It's one thing to take a look at BB, it's another thing to be serious about him.  Thank goodness they've got Peters who probably doesn't want anything to do with him

Peters did start his career in BB’s org

12 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And BB is still probably the best defensive coach out there. And that team would never not be ready too play like we saw yesterday. People who don't think he could make a difference there are fooling themselves, imo. 

If Bill got the Mac Jones pick right, he would not be out in New England.  

He's not a great GM, and they failed at the QB position in their one shot at it after Brady left.

I don't get the criticism. 

If he goes to Dallas, even with Dak, I'd make them the odds on favorite to win the NFC next year.  Especially because I'm sure he wouldn't get full personnel control, they'd keep the FO the way it is.  Which has amassed a ton of talent.

He's a good coach and nobody is going to convince me otherwise.  I don't want him here because he's old and we have to rebuild.  But for a team that's ready to win?  Yeah, I'd take a shot on him in a heartbeat.  

19 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

ctqbeH_w4UbZDqorAg-fsrKoIVE=.gif

How many times have you posted this?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mhd24 said:

I don't think you can credit Shanahan for McVeigh.  He started out in Tampa for Gruden.  McVeigh blossomed here with Jay.  I'd credit the Grudens more for McVeigh than the Shanahans.  

Further to that point:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If Bill got the Mac Jones pick right, he would not be out in New England.

The thing is though, he didn't. He also didn't get a lot of other things right either--e.g., taking a kicker who sucks in the 4th round. He has a very Ron Rivera record, outside Tom Brady. While he gets credit for that insane run and finding the greatest QB ever to play, he did very little outside that.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't know why people are so fixated on Wright. He has NO involvement with the football/personnel side of things. I couldn't care less if he stays or goes.

Have you seen that horrible Sean Taylor "statue" that was headed up by Jason Wright? Have you seen our team name? Again, Jason Wright. Now do I think he should be tossed out on his keister? Not totally, but when people are upset about Wright, and you have no idea, those are a couple off the top of my head. I think if we look at how bad Washington's been, as a whole, such as upkeep of the facility, game day experience, there is so much dissatisfaction that I think people don't want anything kept from the old regime.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Commander Adama said:

Have you seen that horrible Sean Taylor "statue" that was headed up by Jason Wright? Have you seen our team name? Again, Jason Wright. Now do I think he should be tossed out on his keister? Not totally, but when people are upset about Wright, and you have no idea, those are a couple off the top of my head. I think if we look at how bad Washington's been, as a whole, such as upkeep of the facility, game day experience, there is so much dissatisfaction that I think people don't want anything kept from the old regime.

Dan Snyder, same dude who for years from what I hear served PJ sandwiches as a meal to his players on the plane, wouldn't spend $150 per bathroom to make it more baby friendly for players families on and on -- no shocker also spent peanuts on the Sean Taylor "statue".  It wasn't Jason Wright's money so I really doubt it was him that said lets do this as cheap as possible but it fit Dan like a glove.

I know one of Josh Harris moves according to reporters from that they heard is to give the current regime a season without Dan to see how much was this issue them or was it Dan impinging on them.

I don't really care who is running their business operation whether its Jason Wright or Jim Zorn.  But for what i've paid attention to -- they've made progress on selling tickets and suites this season.  And they seem to be making much more progress on the stadium.  So maybe Harris likes the unshackled version of Jason Wright better?

Having said that for all we know Wright gets fired tomorrow.  So will see how it plays out. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Commander Adama said:

I'm not a Jason Wright fan but there is no way in hell you can put every crap decision made on him. From Snyder mandates to withholding the purse strings, its difficult to belive Wright had a lot to work with. That said I think a change is warranted but it's not a priority at this time.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Commander Adama said:

Have you seen that horrible Sean Taylor "statue" that was headed up by Jason Wright? Have you seen our team name? Again, Jason Wright

... the dates initially being wrong on the Commanders shield or whatever that thing is. Putting out a press release that refers to us as Washington Football Club. Official tweets showing Ryan Kerrigan having almost twice as many interceptions as Darrel Green.

I mean, some of those things are relatively small, but still ...

Most of it is about the name, though, and I think aa lot of people would see Jason Wrights exit as a solid sign that Commanders will be gone, and he won't have anything to do with picking the new one.

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I'm not a Jason Wright fan but there is no way in hell you can put every crap decision made on him. From Snyder mandates to withholding the purse strings, its difficult to belive Wright had a lot to work with. That said I think a change is warranted but it's not a priority at this time.

Not saying it is all his fault. I was just explaining why people may want to move on from Jason Wright