Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

One of the best quotes I ever heard from an owner was when Harris was asked about the players survey, he responded with, "I don't do F". That was friggin awesome. He could have gone with the usual owner speak...we're working hard to turn things around....blah blah blah....but no, he got right to the point. Josh Harris and the Commanders don't do F's. 

Our previous owner wouldn't care about that. As long as he could support his lifestyle.

As DQ would say...let's go kick some ass.

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

This is what I meant about the Bengals and Texans having way better rosters than people realized when they drafted Stroud and Burrow.  That list also explains how Jordan Love, Brock Purdy, and Jalen Hurts emerged as young stars, and why Jared Goff was able to turn his career around in Detroit.

Hopefully we can get on that list next year.  A two year turnaround is pretty aggressive, but it's doable if we killed this draft.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

This is what I meant about the Bengals and Texans having way better rosters than people realized when they drafted Stroud and Burrow.  That list also explains how Jordan Love, Brock Purdy, and Jalen Hurts emerged as young stars, and why Jared Goff was able to turn his career around in Detroit.

Hopefully we can get on that list next year.  A two year turnaround is pretty aggressive, but it's doable if we killed this draft.

I don't think there is a discernible difference in talent between our roster and the Texans outside of the QB position last year. The difference is of course the QB, and their coaching. Not one person would have taken Nico Collins and Tank Dell over Terry McLaurin and Jahan Dotson this time last year.

Great QB and great coaching elevates everyone.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sports is a distraction that's meant to be fun.  And hope-excitement is a big part of.  It's cool to look forward to something in the future.  I get more jazzed about the build up sometimes to going to games than actually being at the games.  

32 year old Skins/WFT/Commies fan here and this is where you lost me. In my experience, sports are meant to teach valuable life lessons like: 1) bad things happen to good people, 2) there are decades where nothing happens and years where decades happen, and 3) no pressure; no diamonds.

Any "fun" that occurs is purely incidental. 

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Haha 9

49 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think there is a discernible difference in talent between our roster and the Texans outside of the QB position last year. The difference is of course the QB, and their coaching. Not one person would have taken Nico Collins and Tank Dell over Terry McLaurin and Jahan Dotson this time last year.

I'd add the Texans were incredibly banged up last year.  Some like to say they had a stud o line.  Maybe on paper but not last year.

https://ftnfantasy.com/nfl/texans-lead-2023-agl-numbers-with-ol-injury-record

Texans..OL Injury Record

The Texans had the most injuries on offense — again, over 30 AGL more than any other team — and the fifth-most injuries on defense. The biggest issue was a cascade of injuries on the offensive line. 

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/10/texans-overcame-leagues-highest-injury-total-in-2023/

Texans overcame league's highest injury total in 2023

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Going into last year I kind of liked the Texans roster, especially on defense, but I thought they O-Line was meh and they their receivers were meh, so they were not in a good position to support a rookie QB.  Now I think their receivers are good.  I still think their O-Line is meh, but its a Shannhan offense that can kind of hide meh O-Line play so even if they are below average on the O-Line they are okay as long as they are not terrible.

On 5/20/2024 at 8:51 PM, TSO said:

This is truly amazing. Like @Skinsinparadiseand @BatteredFanSyndrome said here, we can be fans with real, reason-based and rationalistic, hope again. Not the irrational and whimsical hope we had to force ourselves into under Dan. Or, worse, defend with a sort of madness at the expense of other fans who woke up and recognized the issue. 

It’s amazing what prioritizing the right things will do. We have a properly structured organization from the top, and because that was a priority, look at all the positives that came with it already. The level of talent acquisition at every level; coaching, player personnel, and front office, is obviously such an immense improvement over anything we’ve seen for 20+ years under that absolute moron we had running the show previously. Obvious to anyone with an ounce of football intellect, at least.  

Finally, it’s not all on the head coach. He’s not just a convenient marketing tool used by the owner to satisfy a fanbase brainwashed by the media that over emphasizes what they can do at the pro level. Quinn has a support network within the organization unlike any coach we’ve had under Dan and he gets to just stay in his lane as a coach while our legitimately qualified scouts and front office get him the players that can make his life easy. The structure is sound, priorities are right, and we’ve attracted top tier talent because of it. We have every reason to be super excited and shouldn’t hesitate to appreciate it! 

It doesn’t guarantee success, of course; the NFL is extremely competitive and many organizations, even within our division, have accumulated years of a head start on these organizational principles over us… but man, the odds of success now have improved dramatically in just a few short months. It’s awesome. It’s nothing short of a miracle, really.

And we have a TSO sighting!  Can't believe I missed this earlier in the week! 🙂  Was wondering when this new - more proper structure might bring you back to posting!   Good to see you! Hope all is well!  

As you say, no gaurantees but this really is more than I thought would happen as recently as this time last year. So no end in sight from the mini me era! Yet here we are!  And now AP is snatching top FO personel from the more succesful FOs! Man came here on a mission and he is executing his plan for sure!!   

Just hope it translates to wins on the field. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, illone said:

This is INSANE talk from Mina Kimes. 

she is claiming DQ is on the hot seat to be one and done. 

wtf!

It's the boring part of the offseason where they have to be as controversial and outrageous as possible to get attention.

This segment was clearly effective. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t have time tonight but will be interested to check that out tomorrow. I’m very surprised to hear Kimes would have such an outrageous take, she’s intellectually honest and generally “gets it” in my view. That’s sort of shocking. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, redskinss said:

It's the boring part of the offseason where they have to be as controversial and outrageous as possible to get attention.

This segment was clearly effective. 

fair 😂

Still ridonkulous from a normally savvy nfl voice. 

1 minute ago, Conn said:

I don’t have time tonight but will be interested to check that out tomorrow. I’m very surprised to hear Kimes would have such an outrageous take, she’s intellectually honest and generally “gets it” in my view. That’s sort of shocking. 

I’d bet a large amount of loot that DQ could go 0-17 next season without any risk of being let go. 

I’d expect someone of her gravitas to understand this… 

Part of it sounded like she bought into the narrative that DQ wasnt the first choice even though that was debunked, but maybe she knows something we dont?

It would require an Urban Myer like showing for Quinn to get canned in 1 yr.

Poor performance alone would not be enough, his behavior would have to make his employment untenable.

Obviously I have seen nothing that indicates such a pathway is even possible.

I strongly disagree with any line of thinking otherwise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Quinn on the hot seat is ridiculous.

A.  They went 4-13 in 2023, so why are the expectations through the roof now?

B.  Harris is known to be VERY patient, some say too patient

C.  Quinn from what am hearing along with his coaching staff is already beloved in that building with player after player saying its night and day diferent from the last regime 

Just watched Hoffman on a youtube segment making fun of Kimes segment.  And he generally likes Kimes.

She goes Quinn is "prefired".  She highlights that he wasn't their first choice as the rationale.  As Hoffman said that's wrong.  They were hot for him.  Ben Johnson might have been the hot choice initiallly but bad interviews from him versus great interviews from Quinn changed that equation.

As Hoffman said he's tired of the national media treating this as the same old same old Washington organization.  This ownership is known as a long term thinking -- long game type of organization.  This isn't a reactionary Dan Snyder regime round 2.

Craig was a fun listen to on the point.  He's in the past been cynical about these regimes including not being big on Rivera from the jump-- he liked his personality for this team but not a fan of his competence.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, goskins10 said:

And we have a TSO sighting!  Can't believe I missed this earlier in the week! 🙂  Was wondering when this new - more proper structure might bring you back to posting!   Good to see you! Hope all is well!  

As you say, no gaurantees but this really is more than I thought would happen as recently as this time last year. So no end in sight from the mini me era! Yet here we are!  And now AP is snatching top FO personel from the more succesful FOs! Man came here on a mission and he is executing his plan for sure!!   

Just hope it translates to wins on the field. 

Yeah @TSO was in the heart of the ownership-regime-strucuture must change to have a chance argument and took as many arrows for it as anyone here. 

I always saw him as a lead point maker on the idea that ANY regime here is bound to fail with their weaknesses exposed because of Dan and this vicious cycle will never end with Dan at the top. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Quinn is truly Peters's partner.  His personality is already defining our culture and rebuild.  He's our Dan Campbell and everyone gravitates toward him and is positively effected by him.  I don't think a single member of this coaching staff or FO is on the hot seat, but hiring Quinn is arguably the best move we made.

Our foundation is laid at GM, HC, QB.  We're not giving up on any of them.  It'll take years of failure before that comes into the equation.

• Like 6

Commanders star paints glaring picture of disconnect with previous staff

This was a damning indictment of the previous regime.

The improved energy and enthusiasm around the Washington Commanders is hard to ignore. After one of the most eventful offseasons in franchise history, this looks like an organization reborn. It's a major upgrade on how mundane and uninspired things became under Ron Rivera's guidance, who looked like a lame-duck head coach and devoid of ideas from a long way out in 2023.

Dan Quinn is changing all that. He's got what he believes to be the right personnel in the building - both from a playing and staff standpoint. He's also keen to adopt a more cohesive approach to development rather than one man ruling with an iron fist. It's only early, but this seems to be having the desired effect.

Brian Robinson Jr. rips previous Commanders staff

This was a topic discussed by running back Brian Robinson Jr. during his media availability at OTAs. The player highlighted the glaring disconnect between the players and Rivera's staff team last season during their spiral to the No. 2 overall selection in the 2024 NFL Draft. Something he believes has altered rapidly thanks to Quinn's improved methods.

"I think it's been great. Not just for me, but for everybody to adjust to this coaching staff. They've been so good with just how they connect with us. The conversations we have and the type of conversations we have during the meetings, it's just building the connection that we probably just didn't do beforehand. We just didn't have the coaching staff that we felt like we could build a comfortable relationship with, so we could take that relationship from the meeting room to the practice field to the game field. So I feel like we've got a jump start on that right now thanks to coach [Dan] Quinn, just allowing us to be more of a team and that's helping us get off to a good start."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I like Kimes too, as in I think she's hot, she hates our team though. I'm not just saying that because she's saying something stupid about our team right now, she's always been that ways. Sucks, because now we can't get married.

• Haha 6

Mike McCarthy has to make it to championship game or he’s gone.

After all the changes in Philly, Nick Sirianni has to at least win a playoff game. Brian Daboll probably needs a playoff appearance to return.

Those coaches are on the hot seat.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, illone said:

This is INSANE talk from Mina Kimes. 

she is claiming DQ is on the hot seat to be one and done. 

wtf!

Attention seeker without any valid argument, whatch out for the boomerang effect.

38 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I recall them finally subscribing to BLESTO was one of Bruce's big bragging points about how the FO changed back then.  :ols:

So now the head guy for BLESTO is coming here as an area scout, that's cool.   

If we just had the head of Belsto running the whole operation during the Dan era most of us would see that as a big win.  

• Like 3