Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

That's two B Johnson's on our offensive coaching staff, now! **** you Ben Johnson!

Seriously though this guy must have aced his interview considering the Giants OL was atrocious. Media definitely needs to ask about this one.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

That's two B Johnson's on our offensive coaching staff, now! **** you Ben Johnson!

Seriously though this guy must have aced his interview considering the Giants OL was atrocious. Media definitely needs to ask about this one.

He said "I had to work with Daboll and the Mara's, so, there's that"

13 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

image.jpeg.c89fb1d8ae9fc04a9539245500a9988b.jpeg

Hold up, we signed OG Bobby Johnson from the movie "South Central" to coach our line?? 

No, don't be silly. We signed Bobby Johnson, winner of Ink Master. He's going to be the head tattoo coach.

image.jpeg.85182d7df82090c73412e414221388a5.jpeg

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, London Kev said:

No, don't be silly. We signed Bobby Johnson, winner of Ink Master. He's going to be the head tattoo coach.

Some teams have DJs on staff... A tattoo artist and a barber on staff would be kind of dope to have for the players...

I'm not worried about OGBJ hire as he will definitely have to work closely with the OC and run game coordinator. He's not free range and he will have to produce daily or be set loose.

Just now, UK Skins said:

I love Kerrigan as an ex player but we had NO pass rush this season, why keep him on??!! I just don't get it.

He's just learning how to coach right still. Probably asked Quinn for a chance to stick around and be "coached" on how to coach by better coaches than Jack and Ron.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

He's just learning how to coach right still. Probably asked Quinn for a chance to stick around and be "coached" on how to coach by better coaches than Jack and Ron.

He's not even the LB or DL coach. He's an assistant coach.

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Ouch...

In 2022 he followed Brian Daboll to New York and became the Giants offensive line coach.[8] He was fired after the 2023 season, where the Giants offensive line gave up a league leading 85 sack

For context, our Oline was terrible and "only" gave up 65 sacks. This feels like when we hired Joe Barry to coach the D.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I guess optics don't matter.  Everyone pretty much agrees one of the weakest parts of this team in 2023 was the OL.  So you hire a guy who just got fired by a bad team because the OL on his former team sucked.  Ok makes sense to me.  There was nobody else who at least had a better track record on paper?  Geez.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, srtman04 said:

WTF are we doing hiring this fool Bobby Johnson?   This is exactly why I had concerns on the Quinn hire.   This makes absolutely NO ****ING SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll consider your opinion if you can honestly say you'd ever heard of the guy prior to them hiring him... deal?

• Like 3

We hired Bobby "Turnstile" Johnson??

On the surface I am just flabbergasted.

I must be missing something.

We could have hired a college coach with no NFL experience at all and it wouldn't stick out like this.

There's got to be a logical reason that we chose him.

Perhaps his last season with the Giants was an outlier and the 85 sacks had more to do with injuries, and lack of talent, than coaching.

--shrug--

Anyone know if his previous o-lines had similar pass protection issues?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

Don’t love the OL hire. We’ll see. I can think of a bunch of guys I’d have rather gone after.  But… we’ll see.

Im glad Kerrigan is back. Having a legacy on staff is smart and blaming him for our pass rush woes is interesting. We started the year with 1.5 DEs who were looking out for themselves (I say 1.5 because Sweat was trying to function within the team but given 99 wasn’t living up to his part he had to do some individualistic things as well) and then we had not much. Though I thought KJ Henry evolved nicely as the year went on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

I'll consider your opinion if you can honestly say you'd ever heard of the guy prior to them hiring him... deal?

Oh I know exactly who he is, and it's a terrible hire.   There's no other way to spin it.  

• Thumb up 2