Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I certainly wouldn’t give up much - again I think by far the most likely outcome is the Bears pick Williams and we pick one of Maye or Daniels. With Maye being the most likely. 

Absolutely. I was just replying to the hypothetical presented, but I think this is mostly people spending time time debating things that there are not much chance of happening. 

• Like 1

So at this point can we finally admit it was mostly Kyle Shanahan’s fault for the 28-3 collapse in the Suoer Bowl and not Quinn’s?  Up by at least 10 in all 3 of his SB’s and blew the lead every time. Unbelievable. 

He’s good enough to get there though, so he’s still a great coach… but man. 

• Like 3

9ers will fall off hard now that weve taken away their top talent evaluator. Mccaffery, Samuel, and Kittle will decline in the next year or two and theyll be forced to pay Purdy and then their dunzo. 

Well be running the NFC along with the Bears and Packers for the next 5-10 years.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Such a great defensive game. Spags vs Wilks was a fun watch. 

Also lots of power running. Battle of wills type of game.

I do think it came down to Mahomes being a hell of a lot better than Purdy, who got a little exposed last night.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd still want the ball first in OT. You score and you really put the pressure on the opponent.

Unfortunately, they're facing the NFL's Michael Jordan. You can never give him the ball last.

49ers and the Chiefs are two very special teams - good offense and defense.  Playing against Mahomes, Brady, Peyton Manning etc. is just different.  I find it interesting that so many of the coaches on those teams came out of the NFC East.  We've taken steps in the right direction for coaching but the difference between the talent on those teams versus the Commanders is sobering.  The 49ers and Chiefs were both built to compete before they found their QB.  Chiefs didn't have to make an historic trade offer for Mahomes - they only moved to the 10th pick.  Talent evaluation is key.  Fingers crossed.       

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

49ers and the Chiefs are two very special teams - good offense and defense.  Playing against Mahomes, Brady, Peyton Manning etc. is just different.  I find it interesting that so many of the coaches on those teams came out of the NFC East.  We've taken steps in the right direction for coaching but the difference between the talent on those teams versus the Commanders is sobering.  The 49ers and Chiefs were both built to compete before they found their QB.  Chiefs didn't have to make an historic trade offer for Mahomes - they only moved to the 10th pick.  Talent evaluation is key.  Fingers crossed.       

Historic no but they did give up a lot including a future 1st. 

But when you identify a guy you love, you go get him.

• Thumb up 1

Even when the 49ers were up by ten points early in the game I never believed they were going to win.  49ers linebacker gets hurt while walking back on to the field and then is out for the rest of the game.  Bad karma.  Then their best receivers get hurt.  You just knew in the second half the Chiefs were going to figure things out.

Andy Reid is so smart and the Eagles owner was so dumb to get rid of him.  The Eagles just needed a better quarterback at that time and that was on the talent evaluator dude.  Shanahan threw too much and could have controlled the clock more by running late in the game when both teams were exhausted.  Just as with Brady, you don't give the ball back to Mahomes and expect to win the game on defense.  Not going to happen....

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Even when the 49ers were up by ten points early in the game I never believed they were going to win.  49ers linebacker gets hurt while walking back on to the field and then is out for the rest of the game.  Bad karma.  Then their best receivers get hurt.  You just knew in the second half the Chiefs were going to figure things out.

Andy Reid is so smart and the Eagles owner was so dumb to get rid of him.  The Eagles just needed a better quarterback at that time and that was on the talent evaluator dude.  Shanahan threw too much and could have controlled the clock more by running late in the game when both teams were exhausted.  Just as with Brady, you don't give the ball back to Mahomes and expect to win the game on defense.  Not going to happen....

I agree with most of this but the problem I see is Andy was the talent evaluator dude in Philly 😋

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Philly Fans had a lot to do with Andy leaving also.

And if I recall, that was due to him always teasing a ring but never being able to bring one to them correct? They ran out of patience with him...

I wonder if these two SB losses give Adam Peters a chip on his shoulder to prove he can help build a roster (outside of his work as a scout) that wins the SB. 

I know Quinn has a huge chip. I know Kingsbury has a chip. Seem like Peters is the only one who hasn’t faced any doubt on the national stage (in large part because he’s never really been at the forefront before - his work was all behind the scenes). Still, it has to eat at you that the guys you helped put in place to win it all just couldn’t get it done in the biggest game… twice. 

I would love if he does have that chip. Feels like it should give him and Quinn a tighter bond and make them even hungrier to build something special here. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Kyle kind of right now reminds me of Tom Landry.  He couldn't win the big one but later he did.  He won two SBs.  Hopefully, Kyle, Lynch and whoever is replacing Peters can get a couple.  Kyle and John are good people and they with Peter's help have built a solid foundation in SF.  Washington is fortunate to have Adam Peters along with HC Quinn.  Hopefully, they build this organization to be a Juggernaut.  

• Like 2