Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

:ols:

What stood out to you about the personnel?

His response was essentially, "Well, the DTs are good. And it all starts up front on both sides of the ball. And there are some speedy receivers."

And then he looked at David Aldridge like he was finished and the next question was asked.

• Haha 11
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Some Yahoo NFL reporter is thinking the FO is leaking dirt on Johnson. I think this is in regards to the Athletic piece detailing our hiring process. I really doubt AP and the new FO would wipe their ass with their own reputation this early by leaking dirt to the media.

BJ might find spoiled milk poured on the carpet in his office.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

His response was essentially, "Well, the DTs are good. And it all starts up front on both sides of the ball. And there are some speedy receivers."

And then he looked at David Aldridge like he was finished and the next question was asked.

The translation was "Adam's got a lot of work to do."

I definitely don't want to undersell the self-awareness and capacity for reflection, especially after what we just endured. 

Despite the fact these things are relatively boilerplate, I would much rather listen to Quinn speak than Rivera, absolutely. Good vibes all around for now. 

• Like 3

For whatever it's worth, I liked the direct answer to the "who's doing what" question from Ben Standig.  

Basically said he's going to tie everything together, make sure that he coaches the whole team, but the coordinators will call the game.  

Ben then asked about QB, and Adam said "I'll take that.  Shut up go away."

• Haha 2

My only concern is that I believe I remember someone, former player (Logan?) saying that when Quinn got away from the playcalling by delegating to the DC, things started going sideways. This person urged that Quinn continue to call the defense. We shall see! 

The Man I saw in that interview..... man I never realized how much Quinn looks like a Cross Between Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Megamind.  But man, after hearing that presser, Did anyone else feel like even if they weren't paid by the team, that they'd go run through a wall right now for him?  Man they weren't kidding on this guy's charisma.

Edited by Veretax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, sinews said:

My only concern is that I believe I remember someone, former player (Logan?) saying that when Quinn got away from the playcalling by delegating to the DC, things started going sideways. This person urged that Quinn continue to call the defense. We shall see! 

I wouldn't be so worried about it.  The guy who he brought in was his #2 in Dallas.  It's going to be Dan's defense. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

I would prefer Quinn call the defense and still be the head coach.  Like with Joe Gibbs he was the Head Coach and still called the plays.

I don't think it matters that much as long as the coordinator is in lock step with the coordinator.

• Like 2

Dan Quinn: From William & Mary to the Super Bowl

Like many in the coaching line, Dan Quinn started at the bottom, working 60-hour weeks and doing the dirty work. Even at his first stint, he showed the traits—no-nonsense grinder, quick learner, good communicator—that would eventually take him and the Falcons to the Super Bowl….

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/26/dan-quinn-falcons-coach-super-bowl-51-william-and-mary

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This was the correct answer lolol 

1 hour ago, sinews said:

the purpose of his tenure and entire reason he's there has simply run its course.

Wright doesnt matter to me one way of the other. He has no impact on players or coaching. But isnt he involved in the new stadium stuff? Would make sense if he is deeply involved in that to keep him on board I would guess?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

25 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Guys... He said ****!

What kind of example is he to the children!?

He also used  the scottish word for yed posterior.... Saying he wanted to kick that part of the anatomy.  I saw a smirk on harris' face but man, HArris looked like he either needed a root canal, or he has the bellicheck grimace mastered.

• Like 1