Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

a video link to presser?

Don't see one on the YouTube page yet, sure someone will post it here though. 

I wanted to go and check out the Hard Knocks Arizona to get a read on KK but apparently HBO/Max only keeps the most recent season. Currently, I have a guarded optimism but mostly because between college and NFL coaching, maybe being OC is the happy middle for him to succeed. Here's hoping, kinda feels like a boom/bust hire given his history. 

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, sinews said:

Don't see one on the YouTube page yet, sure someone will post it here though. 

I wanted to go and check out the Hard Knocks Arizona to get a read on KK but apparently HBO/Max only keeps the most recent season. Currently, I have a guarded optimism but mostly because between college and NFL coaching, maybe being OC is the happy middle for him to succeed. Here's hoping, kinda feels like a boom/bust hire given his history. 

I've looked everywhere for that hard knocks and can't find it anywhere.  I couldn't even find it on YouTube 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just keep seeing the dude who blew a 28-3 lead to Tom Brady and the Patriots.

I get your overall sentiment. We've been through this too many times to not have some trepidation concerning our hires. 2013 tells us all we need to know there. However, can we dispense with critque? Kyle Shanahan was just as involved in this debacle, and we would be tripping over ourselves if we hired him.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I like the matching "W" lapel pins.

It seems like attention to detail and optics has improved somewhat, people being on the same page, etc. And how nice to have a personable owner, GM, coach. Very refreshing just from the outside. 

• Like 3

"We will be in lock step, we will continue to be.  We will keep the staffs together.  ...  We're all going to be moving in the same direction."

It's taken 30 years to get that statement from Adam Peters.

Sigh.  Quinn said "be where your feet are, which was a Rivera saying." Somebody should have made sure he didn't say that.  

• Like 2

Regarding the new hires to date, I see a lot more angst being indulged in than either the process or the actual selections merit.

Also a fair amount of just plain old spazzing.😄

So we're kind of getting back to a sports message board version of normal. 🙂

We have reason for the first time in forever to care enough to set unreasonable expectations and moan about any result that isn't some universally recognized five star move.😛

I actually do think our shiny new things are looking better than it seems to a number of others here. And I will feel pretty damn good if they continue to go just as well as they have so far.

I'm not expecting a meteoric rise to the top of the league in one or even two years. But I do think that even just going by what's happened since Harris and Co took over should reasonably be expected by we fans to have us with ten or more wins and getting into the playoffs in year two and looking credible doing it.

And by year three we should be a threat to be better than that. One could argue those are still high bars to reach in that time from where we were but we see other franchises pulling a similar feat in recent times.

The quality of our roster vs others who have made that quick a turnaround is a real factor but at least we get a running start at it with our current draft picks and a potential franchise QB realistically within our reach.

🤞🤞🤞

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Some Yahoo NFL reporter is thinking the FO is leaking dirt on Johnson. I think this is in regards to the Athletic piece detailing our hiring process. I really doubt AP and the new FO would wipe their ass with their own reputation this early by leaking dirt to the media.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I get your overall sentiment. We've been through this too many times to not have some trepidation concerning our hires. 2013 tells us all we need to know there. However, can we dispense with critque? Kyle Shanahan was just as involved in this debacle, and we would be tripping over ourselves if we hired him.

Kyle's involved a lot with that debacle but he was the head coach and he deserves a lot of that blame, too.  At some point you gotta be like "dude, what the **** are you doing?"  

It's been a long time, so I've forgotten the autopsy of that loss but there's plenty of blame to go around.  

I don't know if I'd be tripping over myself if we hired Kyle.  He's got a chance to right some wrongs on Sunday and he's a good coach but he's also got a roster that's absolutely loaded.  

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Harris sounds like he's struggling to stay awake. 

I am too when I watch this ****ing team.  I feel his pain, we all should.

• Like 1