Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I just read that Josh Henson was USC’s OC last year. 

Lincoln Riley called the plays.

Kingsbury was a consultant/analyst type role and QB Coach. 

If that’s true…

Its more uninspiring than I gave it credit for.

I don’t think anyone was under the impression he was actually coaching last year. He took a sabbatical and has regained his strength so that he  can now stunt on these hoes.

Plus hopefully we get a QB for him that’s taller than 4 foot 11.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Totally agree. I don't see it either. Caleb's going to Chicago (unless another team trades up) and we're getting either Maye or Daniels. I like Caleb but he's just not worth giving up draft capital ala RGIII.

how much would it take though? especially if bears want maye or anybody but Caleb..then they could trade down from the second also

12 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Anyone able to school me on what offensive system Kingsbury runs as it relates to the two predominant systems in the NFL, West Coast & the Numbered (Gibbs, martz, Turner etc)? I understand it's termed the Air Raid.

Does he use similar terminology to any of those systems, is it something completely different? Someone take me to school, please. Thanks

Air Raid typically is a number based system - protections are numbered, individual routes are numbered and play concepts are numbers. It’s a much less wordy system than say a WCO. There are twists on this by coach, some will use numbers for whole concepts so a single number will tell all eligible receivers what to do, some coaches will number individual routes (bit like the Erhardt Perkins system in that respect). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

That's where Adam Peters comes in!  Yes!  :)  

The problem here is that Adam Peters knows how to "shop" for a West Coast offense and has proven he's good at identifying talent that fits that system. 

We have no clue if he can do the same for whatever the hell system Kliff Kingsbury runs.

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

The problem here is that Adam Peters knows how to "shop" for a West Coast offense and has proven he's good at identifying talent that fits that system. 

We have no clue if he can do the same for whatever the hell system Kliff Kingsbury runs.

He doesn't have to because Quinn who wanted Kliff as soon as he became available, told Adam that Drake Maye was his guy at QB.  Just my opinion.  

• Confused 4

I like the Kingsbury hire. He gets to sit in the background and strategize offense. I also don't think he gets poached very quickly. So some stability on that side of the ball for a young qb will be nice. The icing on the cake would be if it somehow landed up Caleb. But Chicago won't pass on him imo. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, RWJ said:

He doesn't have to because Quinn who wanted Kliff as soon as he became available, told Adam that Drake Maye was his guy at QB.  Just my opinion.  

QB is only one position - gotta make sure the surrounding cast fits the mold of what Kliff wants to put in place. Again, Peters knows the kinds of skill players to go after for a WCO. We have no clue how successful he will be in identifying what is needed to make Kliff's offense go.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, boston skins fan said:

To be fair Eklund hasnt hit on a rumor in 20+ years.  Hes the most unreliable name in sports.

He was my intended mark. I was famous for a day. Back then there weren't many proper NHL trade rumor sites... like none to feed us rumor starved NHL die hards. He had rumor market cornered.

Edited by RandyHolt

4 minutes ago, dunfer said:

how much would it take though? especially if bears want maye or anybody but Caleb..then they could trade down from the second also

Good point. Hard to say. I've seen a few ridiculous throw outs from people that even included the Falcons in a trade up.

It's gonna be very entertaining, if nothing else. The Dan Quinn hire felt uninspired to me, but Kingsbury will ensure we put a lot of effort into our passing game. They'll be throwing a LOT.

I also think it's more likely that we make a move for Caleb Williams with Kingsbury as OC. Not saying it's something I want, but it's something to look out for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

QB is only one position - gotta make sure the surrounding cast fits the mold of what Kliff wants to put in place. Again, Peters knows the kinds of skill players to go after for a WCO. We have no clue how successful he will be in identifying what is needed to make Kliff's offense go.

Between Quinn and Peters, they will figure it out.  We just need to sit back and watch it all come together.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Thrilled is something of an overstatement if posters here are in any way reflective of the wider fan base. Consensus seems to be we don’t hate it, but I’m not seeing anyone do cartwheels about this hire.

• Like 4

Everybody is suddenly pushing Williams to the Commanders now that KK is coming here. This Chicago dude is nuts. For us to trade up one spot, get #1 and Williams, he thinks Chicago should get the trades below from Washington: No way do I think we should do that, even if Raiders and Falcons are prepared to send Chicago a gold mine for the pick as they apparently are.

Jonathan Allen

2024 - #2

2024 - #40 

2025 - 1st

or else - without Allen

2024 - #2

2024 - #40

2024 - #100

2025 - 1st, 2nd

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 8

Just now, SonnySideUp said:

Everybody is suddenly pushing Williams to the Commanders now that KK is coming here. This Chicago dude is nuts. For us to trade up one spot, get #1 and Williams, he thinks Chicago should get the trades below from Washington: No way do I think we should do that, even if Raiders and Falcons are prepared to send Chicago a gold mine for the pick as they apparently are.

Jonathan Allen

2024 - #2

2024 - #40 

2025 - 1st

or else - without Allen

2024 - #2

2024 - #40

2024 - #100

2025 - 1st, 2nd

To move up one spot. Hell no.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Air Raid typically is a number based system - protections are numbered, individual routes are numbered and play concepts are numbers. It’s a much less wordy system than say a WCO. There are twists on this by coach, some will use numbers for whole concepts so a single number will tell all eligible receivers what to do, some coaches will number individual routes (bit like the Erhardt Perkins system in that respect). 

Thank you for this. 

If this is accurate, it's not my preference. Overwhelming majority of teams run a version of WCO, most notably, the Shanny/McVay tree. This offense will probably have to deal with a lot of free agents wrapping their heads around new verbage, etc.

That being said, current players will have gone from numbered (Turner) to WCO (Bienemy) and now back to numbered. For whatever that's worth

1 minute ago, SonnySideUp said:

Jonathan Allen

2024 - #2

2024 - #40 

2025 - 1st

or else - without Allen

2024 - #2

2024 - #40

2024 - #100

2025 - 1st, 2nd

Just so stupid. Been there, done that. Regretted later 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

32 minutes ago, Black Market Bully said:

Caleb or Jayden can run his offense.

Thank the Lord we aren’t getting Drake Trubisky now.

IMG_0802.gif.2b6e8e6ab83420e9e5201dab3c40176c.gif

Hate to break it to you (bc you seem to think it’s bad news) but Maye can just as easily run his system. Which tells me you don’t have a solid idea of what “his system” actually means at this point 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2