Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Kingsberry quinn and Whitt jr actually not a bad staff 

7 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

When you don't have an offensive minded HC, finding a good OC is very difficult  Ask the Ravens and Steelers

Todd monken did great this year 

Edited by redskin301
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This whole let’s cast a wide net is ridiculous for coordinators. Quinn knows the schemes of all these guys and knows them personally or people they work with. He also knows players who have played for them.  He didn’t formally interview Kyle.

I don’t see how flying in Canada or the fact that he is even in consideration makes this process better. You start disrespecting the more prominent guys when some of these scrubs are getting the same interview.

Edited by SoCalSkins

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

This whole let’s cast a wide net is ridiculous for coordinators. Quinn knows the schemes of all these guys and knows them personally or people they work with. He also knows players who have played for them.  He didn’t formally interview Kyle.

I don’t see how flying in Canada or the fact that he is even in consideration makes this process better. You start disrespecting the more prominent guys when some of these scrubs are getting the same interview.

Canada isn’t getting interviewed.  It was a lie.

Even for coordinators, even if they are already set on who to hire, an interview process is required per league rules.

Chill.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Canada isn’t getting interviewed.  It was a lie.

Even for coordinators, even if they are already set on who to hire, an interview process is required per league rules.

Chill.

Duane@Batemanwr1 is Mike Florist

2 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

Deleted post:

Sorry everyone it was fake news, I didn’t do enough research before posting this… again I’m sorry 

Don’t worry man! Everything is fake news until it really happens like when Washington becomes good again.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

I

The other main thing suggested Quinn wasn't option # 1 was the timing.

I don't think they can hire Frank Smith unless the Dolphins let him leave. Even if he doesn't call plays, he is the coordinator and I believe the Dolphins can block any interviews

"don't think they can hire Frank Smith unless the Dolphins let him leave. Even if he doesn't call plays, he is the coordinator and I believe the Dolphins can block any interviews"

You are absolutely correct, sir.

I actually thought  you were wrong at first, but after doing some research it's clear that "not calling plays" is not a loophole that would allow one team to hire another team's offensive or defensive coordinator.

The only requirement to be a protected coordinator and thus safe from poaching by another team is that the coordinator in question: "Must play a role in the development of the game plan but is not required to call the plays during games."

From 2020 when the new rules that govern these matters was put in place...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

So is Joe Whitt Jr officially the DC? 

No announcement yet.

FWIW, according to a post I read on a Cowboys forum Jerry is working furiously to try to keep Whitt and possibly Al Harris on board, even if the team chooses an outside defensive coordinator.

Who knows though? He could be hired and the Commanders are just ironing out the last details of his contract before announcing it officially.

After all we only got the official announcement on Quinn yesterday.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

image.png.4058b0582969d70a15b52053f0fb7b50.png

Wastes his time posting a fake article and then says this...

I worry about the younger generation.

I worry about both..... both are incredibly gullibe. One through naivety and the other through simple stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

When you don't have an offensive minded HC, finding a good OC is very difficult  Ask the Ravens and Steelers

I would argue it should make it easier - if you have an offensive minded HC the OC is almost always just implementing the HCs system. He’s probably not calling plays - and if he does he’s handcuffed by the HC.

With a defensive HC you would have much more freedom to install and run your own system. If you’re successful that’s the fast train to a HC opportunity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would like to get Kingsbury...so we probably won't. He'll probably stay with the 49ers or give up his career to become a Guatemalan basket weaver salesman or something. Until there is pen to paper, there is no deal in my mind.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

I would like to get Kingsbury...so we probably won't. He'll probably stay with the 49ers or give up his career to become a Guatemalan basket weaver salesman or something. Until there is pen to paper, there is no deal in my mind.

He is currently with USC. The college team... he has absolutely nothing to do with the 49ers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

I would agree with this.

Circumstantially it seems pretty clear Quinn wasn't their first choice. Arguably the most damning evidence of this is when Keim was directly asked if Quinn was the team's first choice. His answer: I don't know. Now there are two possibilities: (1) Keim literally doesn't know and answered truthfully; or (2) he does know and is not saying. As to the latter, if Keim knew Quinn was choice #1, wouldn't he say that? Everyone wins. Keim looks good. The team looks good. Quinn looks good. But he's not saying that. Which leaves the other possibility, that Keim knows Quinn wasn't Choice #1. But he doesn't want to admit that publicly, because he doesn't want to make anyone look bad. He still has to cover this team and why burn bridges this early? So he basically pleads the fifth. Or maybe going back to the original options, Keim legitly doesn't know. I mean he's a good reporter and pretty looped in. So if he doesn't know, who does? So there's that. But wouldn't you think the team would try and float stories that Quinn was the first choice regardless? You don't want stories out there that he wasn't their top choice. And if those stories are out there, Keim is clearly hearing them. And if he's not reporting it, it means it either conflicts with other things he's heard or he can't otherwise confirm it. Hence, the "don't" know. That, or the team is too lazy to even float any stories about Quinn and Keim legitly can't get any info. Those are basically the three options:

(1) Keim knows Quinn wasn't the first choice, but doesn't want to say it publicly to not lose sources;

(2) Keim is hearing the team put out stories that Quinn is their top choice, but either has sources refuting that or at least clouding it enough that he cannot verify it; or

(3) The team is too lazy to even try and spin the Quinn hiring and Keim cannot otherwise confirm Quinn was the top choice.

Arguably option 3 is the best option if you want to believe Quinn was the top choice, but assumes a lot of things that are pretty unlikely and even then it only leaves open a possibility.

The other main thing suggested Quinn wasn't option # 1 was the timing.

I don't think they can hire Frank Smith unless the Dolphins let him leave. Even if he doesn't call plays, he is the coordinator and I believe the Dolphins can block any interviews

The problem with asking if he was number one choice is you would then have to say at what point in time are you referring to? Was he the first choice in their head when they went into the interview based just on resume? Was he the first choice in their head after the first round of interviews? Or was he there first choice after they completed all the interviews they could completed and some people took themselves out of the running because they weren't really going to have a chance? You see how nonsensical it is to argue about whether he was number one or not?

6 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

He is currently with USC. The college team... he has absolutely nothing to do with the 49ers.

Wait a minute...then who did I buy all of these woven Guatemalan baskets from? I think Ben Johnson got us again, boys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I would argue it should make it easier - if you have an offensive minded HC the OC is almost always just implementing the HCs system. He’s probably not calling plays - and if he does he’s handcuffed by the HC.

With a defensive HC you would have much more freedom to install and run your own system. If you’re successful that’s the fast train to a HC opportunity.

That is true at the start of the cycle when the HC is hired. If the initial OC is hired away in 2 years for a HC job then you still can replace him with someone decent. However, if the HC fires the original OC, the pool of candidates willing to come into a situation like that is much smaller. EB case was somewhat unique but other than him, very few were willing to come into our situation last year, 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To be fair, Doug is upset he was dumped from the football side and went over to the business side with Wright. Let’s see if Peters brings him back over or not.

• Like 1

I can only think of one reason to talk to canada. And that would be to get his Insight in the development of a Young quarterback can perhaps hear about his experiences with Kenny Pickett. Perhaps hear what he thinks they did wrong or could have done better what he would do better if he would give any opportunity at another job with a rookie quarterback. I think you could get an honest answer out? of the guy and it might be valuable and you never know he might convince you he's the guy. I think they're a better candidates clearly even though why not after all quit has only been in the head coach well has he even been officially announced yet no it's tomorrow so what are we talking about here?

I just saw that Ken zampese signed with the falcons as a lateral move, he has the same title with the falcons.

Was he not under contract anymore?

Did we just decide to let him go?

Not that I care all that much but i was under the impression that we were still in wait and see mode to figure out who the new staff might want to keep.

Edited by redskinss