Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

25 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I'll be honest, I'd be okay with trading down, getting a Tackle or maybe FISKE the De from FSU, then trading up to get Nix or Penix.

Do you mean Verse? He’s the Edge from FSU. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Basically.  Kingsbury is skilled at developing dual threat QBs. 

If you hire him, you get a guy who fits that description. Maye does not.

If our new GM and our front office likes Daniels better than Maye, great, cool, I'm totally fine with it. Go out and hire an OC that you think will work well with him.

But if we make our draft pick based on who we sign as the OC, that would be asinine.

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Whoa, that jus made my panties wet.

Please don't say stuff like that less you mean it...

Maye is a really good runner. 

29 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

He is definitely very mobile. Seems to me just as much as Williams. I may be the odd man in here but I don't like Williams as much. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Williams is a magician out of structure - he moves to throw and running is his last resort unless its by design. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Good post, MC.

If you had to choose between Kingsbury or Kelly who would you pick?

Kelly. But thats like asking which arm i want cutting off 🙂

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Wow did you see this news from CBS?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-ben-johnson-drama-lions-oc-doesnt-interview-well-calls-ownership-basketball-guys-per-reports/

Is Ben Johnson Trashing Adam Peters and Harris's group?

Is this sour grapes because he was expecting to just be handed the keys without being prepared for the interview?

Or is this actually a problem?

(Peters is a football guy, the VIkings guy that helped pick peters is also a FB guy)

so was this guy...

image.thumb.png.9529b021132bb4205d5a523f78c6badb.png

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

57 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Wow did you see this news from CBS?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-ben-johnson-drama-lions-oc-doesnt-interview-well-calls-ownership-basketball-guys-per-reports/

Is Ben Johnson Trashing Adam Peters and Harris's group?

Is this sour grapes because he was expecting to just be handed the keys without being prepared for the interview?

Or is this actually a problem?

(Peters is a football guy, the VIkings guy that helped pick peters is also a FB guy)

My guess is that  Johnson went into his virtual interview with us expecting it to  essentially be a low pressure get to know you coronation-- after all, the media echo chamber had universally anointed him as our next coach.

However, Harris and the other committee members wanted him to earn it and they asked tough pointed questions, and put pressure on him to see how he responded under stress,  by all accounts he didn't handle it well.

Afterwards, rather than using that first interview as a teaching moment, he blamed his failure on our so called "basketball ownership group" and rather than facing and standing up to the pressure of a second interview he simply gave up and quit.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

I'm OK with Caleb. I just hope we don't trade up to try and get him. Keep the picks and just select Daniels.

I'm not sold on Daniels either.  I'm hoping Maye is the pick at #2

• Like 5
  • Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

OK. Talk to me like I am a baby. What is, "sequencing"?

The order in which you call plays so that they complement each other and work together to influence defenders and the opposing DC.

Essentially plays work as a combination not just individual plays called in isolation. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Basically the ability to link plays to set up one play or another down the line. 

It’s a progression of playcalls.

It’s also kind of a voodoo term because sequencing can be a bunch of random plays linked as long as they work, which also dips into personnel and overall offensive philosophy, which could be partially dictated by the head coach.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

31 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

That's not a ringing endorsement of Kingsbury as a OC then. If his skillset is limited to a certain type of player and that dictates the type of talent you have to acquire...then he doesn't sound very innovative or able to coach to each players strengths. We've already danced to that tune. No thanks.

If we already had a dual threat QB, then maybe KK would be a fair option. But if we're gonna hire a guy who needs to make his round holes fit the square pegs, I thik we should try to do better. Especially if we have to mortgage the farm kust to justify the coaching hire. Sorry @Voice of Reason You're making me hate this guy as a potential hire

I don’t think it’s true though.  Sure, he coached Murray on the Cardinals and Murray likes to run, but it’s not like Kingsbury requires a running QB.  Maye ran more than any QB that Kingsbury ever coached in NCAA.

4 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

That vaunted FAMU defense....

You can make that argument about most college stats/plays. Very few of the guys playing even in the best programs are making an NFL roster. 

But Maye can move whoever he is running against.

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

The order in which you call plays so that they complement each other and work together to influence defenders and the opposing DC.

Essentially plays work as a combination not just individual plays called in isolation. 

Also not going for a kill shot every play and staying ahead of the sticks so you have 3rd and manageable. 

Read about Maye running the Air Raid system and Howell too under the previous OC and the new one that Maye played under this year but with a bit of a different twist.  I think in the end, Kliff Kingsbury is the guy.  Just saying.  Makes sense.  Even John Keim is reposting a post of both Howell and Maye together.  Might mean something or it might mean nothing.  

Mack Brown expects improved running game, continued use of air raid in 2023 season - (dailytarheel.com)

By Matthew Maynard
Published Thursday, July 27, 2023

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Last season, the North Carolina football team boasted one of the best offenses in the country. UNC ranked 19th in total offense and averaged just over 462 yards per game. 

This season, a new-look offense will aim to lead North Carolina back to the ACC Championship game. After the departure of offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Phil Longo, along with star wide receivers Josh Downs and Antoine Green — who were both selected in the 2022 NFL Draft — head coach Mack Brown added key pieces to his coaching staff and roster.

Under Longo, UNC operated an air raid style offense, playing to the strengths of quarterback Drake Maye and utilizing his offensive threats. After Longo’s departure, Brown was looking for an offensive coordinator with experience in the air raid system, but also one who could enhance the running game. He landed on former UCF offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey.

The dude below along with all Raider fans were thinking it was a done deal and they give you some idea of the Air Raid system KK runs.

17 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Plays that are specifically designed with progressions for subsequent plays.

In the passing game, a coach may start by attacking a certain part of the field… to exploit a certain vulnerability to a type of defense. Then, anticipating that defenses will adjust, you have counter-plays in the same formation/grouping/alignment that may look similar but then attack the new vulnerable parts of the field (with new blocking or route concepts).

But the plays build off each other. Like play-action run-pass.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If we get Kingsbury, I think we will deal for Williams. There already rumors Williams does not want to play for Chicago. Williams believe it or not may want to play for Washington.

I don't.  Maye ran the Air Raid at UNC.  Why would we do that when we have a QB that was schooled in the Air Raid system?

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I don't.  Maye ran the Air Raid at UNC.  Why would we do that when we have a QB that was schooled in the Air Raid system?

Kingsbury was USC qb coach. There alot of talk of Williams not wanting to play for Chicago. I think Williams really does not want to end up in Chicago. I could easily see him pulling an Eli Manning.

I don't know if he wants to play for us. I don't know what the price would be to move up to get him. If he is the highest on are board and being from Washington I think we would try to get him. They may like Maye but you never know

Edited by Redskins 2021